What aren't you happy with in your new Kluger?

leighthebee

I found one thing that I don't like about the Kluger and it is very stupid.

When I have my moonroof on. They will warn you only after the door is open. And you have to put on ignition mode to get it close. Since my light is on the auto mode. The light will turn on in the garage and will not turn off until you close the door. Switch the car off. And open it again.

What a hassle! :wacko:

Did you check the file I attached?

I don't think my sunroof will ever close again.

The paint is starting to look a bit tired after only 6 months.

Goodness me! Is that your car in the pics? What happened? :ph34r:

Someone went through a stop sign and hit the side at the rear. It rolled a couple of times.

Far out... glad you are in one piece Mike!

What sort of vehicle hit you? It look like the impact is very high?

So a new Kluger?

It was only a Hyundai Excell. It hit low near the petrol filler but pushed the back of the car up an embankment wich caused the rollover.

The airbags didn't go off as it wasn't a full side impact. The pretensioners worked fine though.

I wasn't driving, it was my wife, and my son was in the car. They are both fine.

I think the old car can be used as part upgrade for some certain KX-R driver... ;). nudge nudge.

I am waiting to see what it sells for.

I'm currently ordering a Grande and a KX-R and I think an interior upgrade on the KX-R would be a good thing. Theres nothing usable on the exterior as far as I could see.

So a new Kluger?

I'm just getting price and availability on 2 new ones.

Nothing like having a spare for just such occasions ;) .

But Im glad everyone was okay, thats the main thing.

Its good to see the roof held up so well.

A cheap spare V6 will be good for a TRD project... :yahoo:.

I feel sad what happen because it happened to a decent car. It is just a waste of a new car. I am so glad that Mrs Mikey and son come back with nothing but a scare!

I hope Mrs Mikey have all the faith in driving another Kluger... looking at how much protection we receive inside the car.

Edited by Taka

• 2 weeks later...

Being really picky. Split 3rd row seats would be handy; memory seats would be cool; why remote boot only for Grande??

Didn't think I would have the need for 7 seater but just had a weekend with 6 friends and it was perfect. Plenty of room in 3rd row for one and a dog. They actually found the seat more comfortable than expected and the same was said about the middle seat in 2nd row. The Kluger is amazing!!! Friends wanted me to keep driving because they were enjoying the ride so much.

That is true... but if that means I cannot park my car in the garage then it will not be good isn't it?

true you wouldnt want it any longer than what it is. Maybe they could had put less space between the 1st and 2nd row seats and moved the 3rd row forward a little. Theres a heck of a lot of room in the back between the 1st and second row.

That is true... but if that means I cannot park my car in the garage then it will not be good isn't it?

true you wouldnt want it any longer than what it is. Maybe they could had put less space between the 1st and 2nd row seats and moved the 3rd row forward a little. Theres a heck of a lot of room in the back between the 1st and second row.

I have the drivers seat adjusted all the way back and down. There is just the right amount of space between the first and second row like that. If there was less room, I wouldn't have bought the Kluger.

As Taka has said, if it was longer, it would be difficult to fit in a normal garage.

It is good for us as we either have the 5 of us in the car with stuff in the back, or there is 7 of us with very little or nothing in the back. I would say that if you have more than 3 children, more than 5 people normally in the car, this isn't the right car. You need a proper people mover; the Kluger is only good as an occasional people mover.

BTW, I now have the FWD KX-R. I have found that the speedo error is not quite as bad as the AWD Grande. Grande, you need to travel 9% faster, according to the speedo, to do the speed you want. KX-R, you need to travel 7% faster. That doesn't make much sense, as the tyres in the KX-R are slightly smaller diameter.

Well got my new kluger yesterday, no a single noise from the dash. It must have been an issue with the earlier models...

Same here. Kluger KX-S AWD 2008 model. No noise at all when travelling more than 220 km/hour! Is that normal? :D :help::toast::yahoo:

A couple of small gripes; we're coming from a Lexus to the base model Kluger, so that might have a bearing. :)

- the stereo sucks. It sounds like its in mono and coming through a mobile phone speaker. (actually some phones sound better!)

Well, I'm coming from a 2005 Navara dual cab to a Kluger KX-R, so it's like I've stepped into a luxury vehicle! All relative. Love the car so far but done less than 2000k's, engine and gearbox great, plenty of grunt on the highway (I live in a country town), fuel economy good on a longish trip, quiet, heaps of room front and rear.

My biggest problem (and I've mentioned this in a different thread) is I paid over $700 to upgrade the stereo to the 6 stacker from the KX-S and it's rubbish! I wish I'd kept my cash and went for an aftermarket head unit instead. I mainly wanted the bluetooth link to my phone as I make a few calls from my vehicle going to and from work, but I assumed it had features that it doesn't, like actually having acceptable sound quality on a call. I can hear the caller ok, but everyone is complaining they can't hear me and there is noise on the line. I also assumed, like aftermarket units, that it would link to phone numbers in my phone (it doesn't, it can only save 6 manually entered speed dial numbers) and that it would stream audio from my phone so I could play playlists from the phone memory card through the stereo (it doesn't). Sound quality isn't much better than the Navara, and that's saying something. Very disappointed.

But other than the stereo, great car!

Edited by munster

• 2 weeks later...