What aren't you happy with in your new Kluger?

leighthebee

Hi there, i have the kxs and the bluetooth couldnt be better. When i call my wife when she is using it, i can hardly tell she is on handsfree. Maybe the dealer didnt install the microphone properly or something, as ours is quite good

Maybe see what the dealer can do about it.

Have had my car about 1 month now. Amazing car. Just love driving it.

Only fault so far is that in wet weather when I open the doors, water drips onto the seats. Not a big issue but just a little annoying. It seems to happen even if its not raining at the time but there is water sitting on the car. Living in Melbourne, its only going to be a problem now and then :P

Otherwise more than happy with the car.

Worth every cent!.

Only fault so far is that in wet weather when I open the doors, water drips onto the seats. Not a big issue but just a little annoying. It seems to happen even if its not raining at the time but there is water sitting on the car. Living in Melbourne, its only going to be a problem now and then :P

Worth every cent!.

Climate Change will fix that small prob. ;) :)

Worth every cent!.

Climate Change will fix that small prob. ;) :)

Hybrid Kluger anyone? :D

So far my dislikes are pretty minor...

• A-pillars seem huge, but I'll get used to them
  • KX-S Audio and Vol knobs seem hard to grasp and turn (my farmer's fingers perhaps?)
  • Bluetooth - having to choose which phone is active seems silly, it should be automatic
  • 5-speed auto - the gap between 3 and 4th seems big, wonder why the Aurion 6-speed isn't used in the Kluger? Space maybe
  • Odometer AND trip isn't displayed all the time, it's either trip or odo, not both
  • Interior plastic seems to show up fingermarks easily for some reason

Like I said all relatively minor, and far outweighed by my LIKES of the Kluger

Cheers

Edited by holmesie

• 1 month later...

I've had the KX-R 7 seater FWD for about 2 months now, so I thought I'd add my 2-cents.

-no speed alert,

-volume buttons on the steering wheel are at an odd angle,

-really cheap feeling headliner (odd considering they have pretty good material in the door trims),

-lack of lumbar adjustment in the driver's seat,

-lack of space in the back with the third row seat up,

-nothing in the owners manual that relates specifically to the KX-R stereo,

-poor sound when I connected my MP3 player to the stereo,

-dashboard rattles when the car is really cold,

-inaccurate fuel guage and distance to empty,

-the water dripping into the car when you open the door,

-door mirrors take forever to defrost

most of these are minor quibbles because overall, this is a great car to drive.

So far my dislikes are pretty minor...

• A-pillars seem huge, but I'll get used to them
  • KX-S Audio and Vol knobs seem hard to grasp and turn (my farmer's fingers perhaps?) Grande doesn't have that problem :P
  • Blue tooth - having to choose which phone is active seems silly, it should be automatic Grande doesn't have that problem :P
  • 5-speed auto - the gap between 3 and 4th seems big, wonder why the Aurion 6-speed isn't used in the Kluger? Space maybe I Agree
  • Odometer AND trip isn't displayed all the time, it's either trip or odo, not both
  • Interior plastic seems to show up finger marks easily for some reason

Have three boys and you will never ever remove them!

Like I said all relatively minor, and far outweighed by my LIKES of the Kluger

No HID problems either as mine are converted....and don't ask how or why!

Cheers

We are both still very happy with ours (it does make a few to many beeping noises for ever thing, the wife says)

1/ Noisy dash

I've had the KX-R 7 seater FWD for about 2 months now, so I thought I'd add my 2-cents.

-no speed alert,

-volume buttons on the steering wheel are at an odd angle,

-really cheap feeling headliner (odd considering they have pretty good material in the door trims),

-lack of lumbar adjustment in the driver's seat,

-lack of space in the back with the third row seat up,

-nothing in the owners manual that relates specifically to the KX-R stereo,

-poor sound when I connected my MP3 player to the stereo,

-dashboard rattles when the car is really cold,

-inaccurate fuel guage and distance to empty,

-the water dripping into the car when you open the door,

-door mirrors take forever to defrost

most of these are minor quibbles because overall, this is a great car to drive.

My KX-R came with a separate manual for the stereo.

• 5 months later...

just got the car so i may not know the whole lot but i cant seem to find the mute button for the stereo.... and it would b much easier if the mute button is on the steering wheel... dash seems to rattle

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

We've had our Kluger for just over a month now and one thing that irritates me (which is a minor niggle in reality), is the fuel mileage readout.

I filled the car up with fuel the other day and then drove home to collect something before heading out again (about 3km journey from petrol station to home).

When I arrived home the fuel mileage was reading about 14.8L/100 (which is OK as there were a number of stop/starts and at the beginning of the tank the numbers are always high.

What irritates me is that when the car is left idling, the ileage indicator assumes the worst (30L/100)...when this is obviously not the case.

Surely Toyota can figure out a much closer estimated fuel mileage when the car is at idle, so the overall figure isn't distorted.

For the 4-5 mins I'd left the car running whilst I ran inside the house, it went up just over 1L/100.

Other than that, very happy with the Kluger.

What irritates me is that when the car is left idling, the ileage indicator assumes the worst (30L/100)...when this is obviously not the case.

Surely Toyota can figure out a much closer estimated fuel mileage when the car is at idle, so the overall figure isn't distorted.

well if you are using fuel, and not going anywhere.... well of course the fuel consumption figures are going to be at their highest!... considering the figures are calculated on Litres per kilometres.

using fuel... not going anywhere... you'd use a whole tank just sitting in one spot... thats pretty ordinary "mileage"

• 2 months later...

After reading all other posts here are my gripes:

- no mute for audio

- no memory in leather seats

- having to manually change bluetooth phone pairing

- having to manually enter 6 speed dials, no phonebook sync

- 19" wheels have limited replacement options = high cost

- volume up/down on steering wheel takes 1,097 clicks to actually move the sound in either direction. When a good song comes on the radio I want to press the button say 5 times and go from average background volume to "hey think I'll sing along" loud volume.

- volume knobs on the KX-S are chrome plated, what is with that? Did the designer deliberately place a slippery surface there so they could mock us all from their cushy swivel chair on the 53rd floor?

- why does the radio need to be turned up to 50 whereas the CD at that volume will blow out the windows and needs to be around 40?

As you can see most of my complaints are based around the audio system.... other than the above, it's perfect ;)

I'm hearing you on all those counts whofan :lol:

I'd be interested to hear how many people have 'upgraded' away from the KX-S stereo to a third party unit. I'm not talking about the Flyone unit - I dont have the ability to install it myself - I'm referring to head units from the major afternarket suppliers ie Sony / Pioneer / JVC / Alpine etc.

Cheers

Roger

The inconvenience of loosing the car for all the warranty work and not getting compensated by Toyota.

Warranty work and the cars two and half years old with 40 K on the clock

1/ Key fob battery flat- Cheap easy fix

2/ Dash clips all needed replacing- 1/2 days work for Toyota

3/ VVTi Controllers need Replacing- +1 days work for Toyota

4/ Engine VVTi Oil feed pipe need replacing Toyota did a cheap fix on this one 20Min

5/ Whats next, warranty runs out in 6 months :o

Edited by PC XT

The inconvenience of loosing the car for all the warranty work and not getting compensated by Toyota.

Agree with the statement. For warranty work it would be good to have a free loan car for the day, particularly if you've been going back repeatedly.

5/ Whats next, warranty runs out in 6 months :o

Enforce your rights under the trade practices act. From NSW Office of Fair Trading Website (http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Consumer...Warranties.html):

Statutory conditions and warranties are implied by statutes or common law and require traders and manufacturers to ensure that every product provided is suitable for the purpose for which it is supplied.

Products must do their job properly, bearing in mind their price and the way they are described. This is a legal obligation that applies, whether or not a trader or manufacturer decides to provide a written warranty or guarantee (voluntary warranty).

Consumers may ask for a refund if the goods purchased:

• are not of merchantable quality ie so defective that they should not have been sold, for example they don't work, they break down or they develop a serious fault. If an article becomes defective after sale, one of the considerations for merchantable quality would be the price received by the supplier for the goods (eg. a $2 watch wouldn't be expected to last as long as a $300 quality watch)
  • are not suitable for their intended reasonable purpose made known to the supplier, or
  • do not match the sample or description provided.

For example, a refrigerator is an expensive item. It is not unreasonable to expect it to last longer than 18 months before it’s ready for the scrap heap. Even if the voluntary warranty on the refrigerator has expired, a consumer may still have a valid complaint under the law if it had a structural fault eg. defective insulation not apparent at the time of purchase, which became obvious after only 18 months.

These statutory warranties cannot be excluded or modified by a manufacturer or trader when the product or service is bought for personal or domestic use, even if the consumer does not return a manufacturer’s guarantee card or notice provided with the goods.

The example applied to refrigerators above can be applied to motor vehicles. Motor Vehicles are expected to last at least 10 years. Making a claim this way though will probably be a lot more work and most people will give up (which is what the trader wants).

Edited by Kesawi

Hi,

All of the above, + Exterior mirrors are DANGEROUS, (cars, trucks etc appear a lot further away)

current fuel comsumption display takes 350kms to get down to correct reading???

Fuel light comes on with over 20 litres of fuel left in tank.

Driving range of fuel tank limited when towing caravan, needs larger tank like Prado. or will fit LPG to extend range.

yes the radio issues as in above thread,

Parking sensors should be standard on all models for the price you pay for the car.

cruise control on light should be included. not just single light as is currently.

Cheers

Geoff

Edited by GK200

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

All of the above, + Exterior mirrors are DANGEROUS, (cars, trucks etc appear a lot further away)

Driving range of fuel tank limited when towing caravan, needs larger tank like Prado. or will fit LPG to extend range.

Parking sensors should be standard on all models for the price you pay for the car.

cruise control on light should be included. not just single light as is currently.

Cheers

Geoff

Hi,

Cheers

Geoff

The interior buttons should iluminate such as the windows mirrors etc