SA built.. 08/05 Plated Sportivo's

encounta

Hi all.

I did search and just read through many thread in regards to this, but couldn't find anything specific enough.

Anyways, my mechanic just got back from his supplier, trying to exchange the wrong Bendix pads he got for my car.

and the place said bendix don't make pads for my model.

So now, just wondering, anyone else with the SA built stivo's actually got any Bendix pads?

My mechanic said EBC's would be the next tro try, if they supply them and also by just reading in many threads, many people seem to have the EBC green's.

And guess next question would be, what brand of pads, do those with the SA built stivo's have in there car? and how do you rate them?

And i was just also thinking, is it really worth it to just change the calipers as well, cause from what i just saw, the SA built stivo's pads, are smaller..

Thanks in advance..

Brakes on the Stivo are better than people here let on, sure they could be better, but anything can. I haven't used Bendix or EBC's before, but Endless SSS are proving to be good at the moment and the stock facelift compound is pretty good. Just look for any pads made for the Celica ZZT231, what I have found so far is listed in the sticky in this section with some key pieces of info with them.

• 2 weeks later...

SuperDave, do you know if the SA built facelift stivo's would be able to fit the celica pads??

From what i saw, when my mechanic bringing in the jap built facelit model brake pads, they were approx an inch or so bigger than my SA built one's.. :(

I'll have to check with my Dad's Sportivo, but from memory when we changed them last they looked the same.

If the Bendix pads the mechanic has has a part number on the back do a search in Google for it. I have been sent the wrong pads in the correct box before. Got some Commodore fronts in a box for Corolla rears :lol: