CAI

dannyboy

Hey guys. I own a 2003 sportivo with a TRD cold air intake on it and I was just recently having some idling problems. so i booked it into toyota in Melville. They ran a diagnostic check on the car and said everything is fine except for the vac hose. instead of it being blocked off like some of the other guys have shown in there posts i was told it had to run into the vsv unit and then back out onto the cai plug which is located in the middle of the piping. i did it and then ran the car......

NO STUPID IDLING!!! :yahoo::yahoo: so if you have got this problem have a go at going that and see if it works. I dont know if it has been covered but i search and couldnt find anything on the forum. so if it works thank me by sending lots and lots of money my way.

Dans

• 5 months later...

Hey can you please post up some pics of your setup now.

I'm gettign a random Ticking noise from my setup.. and from what i ahve read it could be VSV related... although i dont have the VSV connected.

The Ticking isnt relative to the engine speed, or road speed. Its a random Ticking that sounds vaccume related... stupidly.. its easier heard in the cabin than it is in the engine bay.

any thoughts hints or clues would be greatly apprecieted.

Hey can you please post up some pics of your setup now.

I'm gettign a random Ticking noise from my setup.. and from what i ahve read it could be VSV related... although i dont have the VSV connected.

The Ticking isnt relative to the engine speed, or road speed. Its a random Ticking that sounds vaccume related... stupidly.. its easier heard in the cabin than it is in the engine bay.

any thoughts hints or clues would be greatly apprecieted.

I also have the same ticking problem from the vsv. On the cai instructions it says you may hear a ticking noise, though why is it some cars but not others? Any ideas guys?

Cheers

Dave