Any ideas on chipping the LC200TD?

gasmancruzer

There are piggyback chips (DPChip, Steinbauer, Dtronic) which basically allow more fuel at all stages, Unichip which is individually programmed to your vehicle, and replacement of genuine ECU. I gather the improvement should be 650 Nm to around 780 Nm. While I like the extra torque, I don't want to void the warranty, lose the increase as the ECU relearns and compensate over time or damage the engine and transmission. Does anyone have any thoughts about how to proceed?

There are piggyback chips (DPChip, Steinbauer, Dtronic) which basically allow more fuel at all stages, Unichip which is individually programmed to your vehicle, and replacement of genuine ECU. I gather the improvement should be 650 Nm to around 780 Nm. While I like the extra torque, I don't want to void the warranty, lose the increase as the ECU relearns and compensate over time or damage the engine and transmission. Does anyone have any thoughts about how to proceed?

Why worry - 650 Nm is great - and why put the warranty at risk

Why worry - 650 Nm is great - and why put the warranty at risk

Especially when you've forked out 85, 95 or 110K of your hard earned bickies!

Edited by pinzvidz

• 3 weeks later...
650 Nm is massive, I would not recommend it.

As others have pointed out, chipping results in greater fuel consumptions and greater stress on the engine. If it was any good, Toyota (and other manufacturers) would have made it a standard fitting or authorised option.

The diesel V8 is going to go down as a great engine, trust me - why fool with it (and stuff your warranty)?

Thanks for all your replies. All I can say is Audi Q7 760Nm, Volkswagen R50 850Nm. Diesel motors are capable of more torque, and the drivetrain can handle the extra work.

yeah but u have to know LC200 is a off road machine but Q7 n VW is not...thats the difference..