need help on seca

hi guys, i recently baught a 1992 seca csx and iv had a few incodents, at one stage it rolled down a large enbankment and pushed the front end in about 5 mm. neway i was quite suprised at the lack of damage it had actually caused, i think its safe to say that this car is a typical toyota, un killable. anyway completely off that subject, i was wondering if there are any easy mods i can do to the carby or air intake that will give it a bit more go, its got a 1.6 ltr engine in it, cant tell u the details coz honestly i dont no, a sealed in air filter not like the fancy dome filters. neway another thing i need help with is the auto choke, the car has donr 260,000 k's and the auto choke is up to shiz, the reason i say that is because the car idles at about 1500 revs wen warm, and completely normal on a cold morning startup,

any help is greatly appreciated, i have also linked a pick to what i actually did wen it was down the embankment

id like to finish up saying that the corola seca is a great, flexible car.

lol.

post-7774-1206707906_thumb.jpg

post-7774-1206707946_thumb.jpg

post-7774-1206707987_thumb.jpg

hi guys, i recently baught a 1992 seca csx and iv had a few incodents, at one stage it rolled down a large enbankment and pushed the front end in about 5 mm. neway i was quite suprised at the lack of damage it had actually caused, i think its safe to say that this car is a typical toyota, un killable. anyway completely off that subject, i was wondering if there are any easy mods i can do to the carby or air intake that will give it a bit more go, its got a 1.6 ltr engine in it, cant tell u the details coz honestly i dont no, a sealed in air filter not like the fancy dome filters. neway another thing i need help with is the auto choke, the car has donr 260,000 k's and the auto choke is up to shiz, the reason i say that is because the car idles at about 1500 revs wen warm, and completely normal on a cold morning startup,

any help is greatly appreciated, i have also linked a pick to what i actually did wen it was down the embankment

id like to finish up saying that the corola seca is a great, flexible car.

lol.

this reminds me of that thing on the news with the bus at epping station lol! ok first up id worry about your handbrake so your rolla doesnt go on any missadventures again second you wont get much more out of the 1.6 carby dont even bother get yourself a 20v or a 4age and go from there

found out 2 things, its actually an 89 model, lol, and it isnt the auto choke, for some reason the leaver on the carby doesnt go all the way down if you give it a little bit of throttle, if u put ur foot down and let it off quickly, it has enough enertia to go all the way down, (lol enertia, big word) anyway, handbreak is fine, the sus thing is that wen i parked it the hand break was on and was in gear, i remember coz i actually oiled up the shift leavers wen i got to wrk, wen we got back the car was down the hill, the handy was off and it was outa gear, me being the ******* i am, left the doors unlocked, so im starting to ponder if it wer deliberate.

any way doesnt matter now. thanks for ur help, iv thaught about getting a 2ltr 4age engine BUT from wot i have heard it has more than 160kw (about 210hp) which is the limit for p platers in queensland.

it doesnt bother me neway there prety quick, well, not quick, but 0-100 in 13 secs is fast enough for me :).

got a new muffler today (coz the old one smashed wen she went down the hill). it was a choice between a stock muffler that had a small hole in it or a dinted sports hotdog, me being a typical teenager chose the hotdog, and it sounds awsome! lol.

did a service on the beast today, shes goin great!.

once again i recon that the seca is a cheap, trustworthy car with low consumption and id recommend to anyone.

if u thing 400ks to 40 ltrs is bad, u got a problem.

cyas

iv thaught about getting a 2ltr 4age engine BUT from wot i have heard it has more than 160kw (about 210hp) which is the limit for p platers in queensland.

There's no such thing as a 2.0L 4AGE, all 4As are 1.6L and no A-series engine was released larger than 1.8L (the 7AFE). You may be getting confused with the 20V 4AGEs, which are still 1.6L, or the 2.0L 3SGE, none of which have 160kw (the RWD blacktop 3SGE BEAMS has 150-odd kw, but there is no way that it'd go into an AE92). It is possible that it is one of the above engines with a turbo added, but definitely not N/A, and definitely not a 2.0L 4A

yes, a 20V 4age has 3 intake valves and 2 exhaust valves, and variable valve timing on the intake cam along with quad throttles...

I put one in my brothers AE92 back in 2001 or 2002, can't remember exactly when now as it was so long ago...

And there's no such thing as a 2L 4age.

You can stroke and bore a 7A out to 2L, but hardly worth the effort when the 3SGE is available.

ae10120V1.jpg

Edited by rollamods

iv thaught about getting a 2ltr 4age engine BUT from wot i have heard it has more than 160kw (about 210hp) which is the limit for p platers in queensland.

There's no such thing as a 2.0L 4AGE, all 4As are 1.6L and no A-series engine was released larger than 1.8L (the 7AFE). You may be getting confused with the 20V 4AGEs, which are still 1.6L, or the 2.0L 3SGE, none of which have 160kw (the RWD blacktop 3SGE BEAMS has 150-odd kw, but there is no way that it'd go into an AE92). It is possible that it is one of the above engines with a turbo added, but definitely not N/A, and definitely not a 2.0L 4A

thankyou for that..... extremely detailed cry u had, lol does it look like i care, im just a p plater who wants more powr, doesnt matter neway. as far as i know there is a 2ltr 4age but ur prolly right, all i know is what i have been told, i know a bit about cars but hardly sh*t about the seca. another thing, how do you have a 20 valve 1.6l??? lol wot would that be, 5 valves per cyl? so thats 3 intake valves and 2 exhaust valves?? lol

You asked for help, got it (and then some), and now you're whinging about it? Sounds like you're the one having the cry. You say that you don't care, and that you're just a P-plater who wants more power, yet you seemed to care a heck of a lot when I pointed out that this 2.0L 4A didn't exist. You say you don't know **** about the Seca, yet you complain when someone with more knowledge and experience corrects you. The reason why I pointed out the problem with your post is that it is better to find out now then go and buy something and either be ripped off (because it's not what you thought it was) or end up with a chunk of metal that is totally inappropriate to what you want (it was what you thought it was, but not what you thought you needed). In short, I corrected a mistake (or in this case, assumption/hearsay) to stop you getting burnt in the future.

And as JP already pointed out, there is such a thing as a 20 valve 4A. There are two of them, in fact (silvertop and blacktop).

And if you think I'm just having another detailed cry, then I don't care. You obviously don't care what we say, so don't expect too much help in the future.

thankyou for that..... extremely detailed cry u had, lol does it look like i care, im just a p plater who wants more powr, doesnt matter neway. as far as i know there is a 2ltr 4age but ur prolly right, all i know is what i have been told, i know a bit about cars but hardly sh*t about the seca. another thing, how do you have a 20 valve 1.6l??? lol wot would that be, 5 valves per cyl? so thats 3 intake valves and 2 exhaust valves?? lol

You asked for help, got it (and then some), and now you're whinging about it? Sounds like you're the one having the cry. You say that you don't care, and that you're just a P-plater who wants more power, yet you seemed to care a heck of a lot when I pointed out that this 2.0L 4A didn't exist. You say you don't know **** about the Seca, yet you complain when someone with more knowledge and experience corrects you. The reason why I pointed out the problem with your post is that it is better to find out now then go and buy something and either be ripped off (because it's not what you thought it was) or end up with a chunk of metal that is totally inappropriate to what you want (it was what you thought it was, but not what you thought you needed). In short, I corrected a mistake (or in this case, assumption/hearsay) to stop you getting burnt in the future.

And as JP already pointed out, there is such a thing as a 20 valve 4A. There are two of them, in fact (silvertop and blacktop).

And if you think I'm just having another detailed cry, then I don't care. You obviously don't care what we say, so don't expect too much help in the future.

damn straight wtf is your deal you want help you get it but still carry on like a bi t ch no wonder somebody pushed your car down a hill your obviously a big time fool

walk around all you want thinkin you know everything just dont be askin anymore help from us

"You may be getting confused with the 20V 4AGEs, which are still 1.6L, or the 2.0L 3SGE, none of which have 160kw "

20v 4age, bsides, im not gunna buy a new engine, was just wondering if there was anything that i could do to the intake, i asked for help and i got it from the guy who recenty replied, (btw thanks mate, i cant rememba ur name lol) not a full into details description, thats not the help i was after, anyway thanks for your help and what i ment was is i know NOTHING about these so called 4age engines, i only know what iv been told about the engine, thanks though

20v 4age, how does that work. 3 input and 2 output? just wondering but wouldnt that be just as effective as a 16v? i mean it can only go as fast as the slowest set, so if u have 3 in and 2 out, it can only go as fast as the exaust is disposed of. how does that work? just wonderin

not gunna buy another motor for the beast, it isnt worth the hassle, prolly easyer just to buy an old commodore or somthing with a bit more go then spend 500 buks on a blacktop ( did a bit of looking for motors last night).

thanks guys

i think somehow, wether its to do with the backpressure, the new muffler gave mi car like 5 more hp, but inturn took some torque, wot u think? is it possible?

Edited by kraut

20v 4age, how does that work. 3 input and 2 output? just wondering but wouldnt that be just as effective as a 16v? i mean it can only go as fast as the slowest set, so if u have 3 in and 2 out, it can only go as fast as the exaust is disposed of. how does that work? just wonderin

3 smaller inlet valves, 2 larger exhaust valves. It's pretty simple. It's not a case of one set being "slower" than another. 5-valve engines are fairly rare (20V Corollas, some Audis and VWs and the odd Ferrari), but there are tonnes of engines going around with an odd number of valves. Just about every Merc V8 made in the past 20 years has 3 valves per cylinder, and the SOHC V8 found in the BA Falcon was 3-valve.

3 smaller inlet valves, 2 larger exhaust valves. It's pretty simple. It's not a case of one set being "slower" than another. 5-valve engines are fairly rare (20V Corollas, some Audis and VWs and the odd Ferrari), but there are tonnes of engines going around with an odd number of valves. Just about every Merc V8 made in the past 20 years has 3 valves per cylinder, and the SOHC V8 found in the BA Falcon was 3-valve.

wow thats wierd i wouldnt have thaught that would increase preformance much, obviusly so lol, i can fathom why there a few of em, but how would it be any different to it being just 2 valves each that were the same size?, neway sory bout goin nuts bfor i just didnt read what u said right, thaught u wer insulting me lol, neway, about this exhaust, i could sware that the car has more hp now but less torque, u get it up high and it takes off so much more, but up a hill it dies a bit, is it possible it could decrease the torque? i mean, i can understand increasing hp becoz of easy airflow, but decrease in torque?

thanks guys

Changing an exhaust will often shift the powerband of the engine, either up or down (it depends on the engine, and what the stock exhaust was like). A lot of aftermarket exhausts will give the car better power up high (due to cleaner flow) but as a result you may lose torque down loe.

its pretty much just a hotdog, no muffler (well i wouldnt call it a muffler) streight from the catalictic converter, past a few bends and flanges into the hotdog and out she goes, i heard that changing the exhaust may change preformance a while back, but never thaught it would be that drematic, with my gf timing in the passenger seat, it used to do 0-100 in about 14 secs but now its down to 11.5 (mind u only counting in the head, no actuall stopwatch so its a bit skeptical, there is deffinatly a change in power) where it is going to be that drematic or not, may also be the fact that i had less **** in my car and a quater tank less fuel BUT there is deffinatly a change in power. the car seems to be backfiring (only realy little backfires not big BANGS) when u take ur foot off the throttle after u rev it, is this normal? could it be a change in backpressure causing it?

thanks guys