vienta v6 ECU

Bangers88

Hey all,

wanting to know if anyone knows the possibility of changing the ecu from a 93 v6 vienta to the later 96 v6 vienta if that give the extra 20 horsepower or around that mark i think it is and get the extra grunt. also i dont see why not but would it be an easy direct swap i cant see why it wouldnt be but as im pretty new still to camry just thought id ask and see if there were any underlying problems with my quest for power. cheers

dunno if u would gain tht much power..is urs a gen3 v6 and r u looking to swap it with a gen3.5? correct me if i am wrong bt i think they used the same ecu...theres not much difference between the gen 3.5 and gen3....if i was u i would get an aftermarket top quality ecu....they can calibrate it the way u want to drive....therefore high revs etc....hope tht helps...

dunno if u would gain tht much power..is urs a gen3 v6 and r u looking to swap it with a gen3.5? correct me if i am wrong bt i think they used the same ecu...theres not much difference between the gen 3.5 and gen3....if i was u i would get an aftermarket top quality ecu....they can calibrate it the way u want to drive....therefore high revs etc....hope tht helps...

Fair enough just lookin at the stats mines a gen 3 and the gen 3.5 was that little bit more powerful and figured it may have been just a little fine tuning with the next series wide body ecu as the motor gearbox ect stayed the same.

u could give it a shot bt im not 100 percent sure.....im quite sure both used the same engine 1mz-fe and basically the same electronics as well? but i could be wrong again..some1 here will know more than me....i just thght the gen 3.5 had a facelift (more like a rearlift)

Australian gen 3 & 3.5 have the 3vz-fe with the same output, the US gen 3 had the 3vz-fe and the 3.5 was updated to a 1mz-fe. We didnt get the 1mz-fe until the gen 4. I believe that there is only a 5kW difference between the 3vz & 1mz being 136 v 141 stock.

Australian gen 3 & 3.5 have the 3vz-fe with the same output, the US gen 3 had the 3vz-fe and the 3.5 was updated to a 1mz-fe. We didnt get the 1mz-fe until the gen 4. I believe that there is only a 5kW difference between the 3vz & 1mz being 136 v 141 stock.

wups sorry mate....see u can tell i drive a 4 banger :P....so i am guessin the ecu in the 3.5 is the same as the one in the 3? u shld got to an auto shop and find out how much a new performance ecu will be...its well worth the investment..

ah k then sick as cancer cheers for that supa dude. Thats answers why i thought stuff did that and all that. On that note do yas have any other idea for more poke? At the moment the only change ive done is put a pod filter on and my car launches like hell and as soon as it hits like 3700rpm it really squats and runs. Ive done a little research on exhausts and things and ive been told anything more than a 2 1/4 inch pipe youll be loosing over gaining so i got that on the card and a mate whos a mechanics and does a fair bit of work on imports reckons that the 3vz-fe should have a similar reaction to extractors like the quad cam V8s do in the certain model aristos and soarers (i cant spell for shat) he reckons that they gain a fair bit of torque and bit more kws. So yeah if anyone has had any experiance with those ideas id like to know i wanna get my car off its guts and make falcadore owners fear at the lights.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll go with Supa Touring's word - he's a walking encyclopedia when it comes to these cars.

Gen 3 V6s have the same ECU right through their era... they had OBD1... the Gen 4s with the 1MZs in them has the OBD2 diagnostics. Apparently you can get more info outta the OBD2.

what about a Lexus ECU ??? dont they have the better mapping and wat not.

I knew the es 300s had a little bit more power but from what ive read i thought that was something to do with the exhaust but i could be wrong, does anyone know if they had a diff ecu or was it the same with all the 3vzs?

• 2 weeks later...

Quite honestly, I reckon it'd be worth your bucks to get an aftermarket ECU and get a Tuning Shop to do that. Piggyback ECUs are the way to go these days anyway lol (will cost the same anyway).

Sounds fair do they make the piggy back units for those ECUS? Ive worked in an after market automotive field and ive never had the privilage to look at a camry let alone touch 1 until i brought mine. Do you know what brand if any piggy back units will work with the particular ECUS camrys have?

I know that Haltech does them. I know someone on another Toyota forum that has a Haltech HX6 or thereabouts strapped to his 4 banger... shouldn't be an issue for a V6.

Greddy Emanage... might be a goer there too. I knew someone who had a Piggyback ECU on the Vienta V6 3VZ, but he bought it from a Car Enthusiast like that, so I couldn't tell ya the brand unfortunately mate.

I know that Haltech does them. I know someone on another Toyota forum that has a Haltech HX6 or thereabouts strapped to his 4 banger... shouldn't be an issue for a V6.

Greddy Emanage... might be a goer there too. I knew someone who had a Piggyback ECU on the Vienta V6 3VZ, but he bought it from a Car Enthusiast like that, so I couldn't tell ya the brand unfortunately mate.

Cheers man ill havto do some research into it and save up at the moment im trying to save up for a set of Tremor mags through bob janes finished in a machine black just reckon they would look metal now i got 20% all round tint and my stickers on it. ill soon have some pics of what it should look like in due time after i get the cash but im in the process of photoshopping some mags onto it and lowering itjust so i know what the end result would kinda look like.