Installing an aftermarket car stereo (gen3 vienta)..

sungwook

Hey guys,

I have a gen3 Vienta and would like to install a new headunit into it. I have been doing a bit of research into installing car stereos but would like some more specific instructions that can be applied to the camry. Here are some unknowns that I would like to find out...

1. I have an immobiliser and it is built into my current radio, how will this affect the installation?

2. It seems, well at least to my understanding there are two ways of wiring your new stereo..1. Use clips, 2 Solder them on. How are they different?

3. What size (headunit) should I be looking for, one that will fit into the current slot?

Also any general suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated as well!

Thanks,

Sung

Edited by sungwook

Hey guys,

I have a gen3 Vienta and would like to install a new headunit into it. I have been doing a bit of research into installing car stereos but would like some more specific instructions that can be applied to the camry. Here are some unknowns that I would like to find out...

1. I have an immobiliser and it is built into my current radio, how will this affect the installation?

2. It seems, well at least to my understanding there are two ways of wiring your new stereo..1. Use clips, 2 Solder them on. How are they different?

3. What size (headunit) should I be looking for, one that will fit into the current slot?

Thanks,

Sung

Vienta head unit are a piece of ***** i used to be an auto tech and i have done my own and they are easy.

to answer the 1st q.. your immobiliser shouldnt be bothered by the new deck the security is just the head units security code.

2nd q.. soldering is always the best way it save **** coming undone and unexplained flicking on and off of the deck speakers ect...

3rd q.. all named brand head units are the same dimentions e.g. sony, pioneer, kenwood all that stuff and on the side of the decks there is useually either a T or an N (ie: toyota and nissan) for the bracets to screw into so ther should fit first time every time. Need anymore help i can get what colours the wires you need and all that for ya.

Hey guys,

Thanks,

Sung

Vienta head unit are a piece of ***** i used to be an auto tech and i have done my own and they are easy.

to answer the 1st q.. your immobiliser shouldnt be bothered by the new deck the security is just the head units security code.

2nd q.. soldering is always the best way it save **** coming undone and unexplained flicking on and off of the deck speakers ect...

3rd q.. all named brand head units are the same dimentions e.g. sony, pioneer, kenwood all that stuff and on the side of the decks there is useually either a T or an N (ie: toyota and nissan) for the bracets to screw into so ther should fit first time every time. Need anymore help i can get what colours the wires you need and all that for ya.

Thanks for the info!!

That would be great! Also, can you give me some more instructions about soldering the wiring? I have no idea how and never have soldered things before..

And one more thing, I have read that it is very important to disconnect the car battery before attempting to do anything, how do I disconnect it?

Sorry for all the newb questions..

Cheers,

sung

Edited by sungwook

Hey guys,

Thanks,

Sung

Thanks for the info!!

That would be great! Also, can you give me some more instructions about soldering the wiring? I have no idea how and never have soldered things before..

And one more thing, I have read that it is very important to disconnect the car battery before attempting to do anything, how do I disconnect it?

Cheers,

sung

Just drop the black terminal off the battery it wont zap or short or anything like that it may be a little time befor i get the colors of wires ect depending on where you were based i could do it for ya. but that just might not be possible. soldering just find ya wires that you need strip em and twitch together pretty easy when ya do it once you can do it forever just gotta make sure its a strong connection and should be gold!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi im a newbie here. I just received an old PIONEER HEAD unit from my cousin I want to install it in my 96 Camry CSI the problem is, they cant find the wire harness which has a plug and has different colors that is supposed to be included in the head unit. I have also JL AUdio Seperates which my brother gave to me.

1. How could I install the PIONEER Head Unit and replace the FUJITSU 10 Cassete and Radio.

2. I find it difficult to remove the front cover which houses the front speakers.

3. Where can I find a replacement for the missing wire harness plug into the PIONEER Head unit.

Could anyone help me, I want to learn how to install the speakers on my own. Thanks.

Hey guys,

Thanks,

Sung

Thanks for the info!!

Cheers,

sung

Just drop the black terminal off the battery it wont zap or short or anything like that it may be a little time befor i get the colors of wires ect depending on where you were based i could do it for ya. but that just might not be possible. soldering just find ya wires that you need strip em and twitch together pretty easy when ya do it once you can do it forever just gotta make sure its a strong connection and should be gold!

• 1 year later...
Hey guys,

Thanks,

Sung

im looking for the wire colours if you could still get them that would be great