How many kilometer can done after a full tank of fuel?

sns

I waited a long time before I draw conclusion.

Was looking at the white CX-9 and feel that I should have had a Mazda, but no constant 4WD, all the Grande gadget and this fuel bill. I have made the right choice!

http://www.ozmazdaclub.com/forum/cx-7-cx-9...ion-cx-9-a.html

Thats some scary stuff I think they put the Turbo Territory motor in the CX-9 with those figures!

The first couple of tanks in your new car/Kluger will always be very high as you will be always stopped with the motor going working out all those zany gadgets and talking to your friend trying to get away in your new machine, sounds like we can do that every tank compared to our Mazda counter parts.

On a off topic does any ones car smell after hard acceleration inside the car (some big reaction is happening somewhere in exhaust/motor, I thought it was new car bed in smell but still present at 10,000kms (also how much have people been paying for the 10k service?)

Edited by PC XT

10K service will always be $150 (the Toyota advantage or something similar program). I thought all Kluger has this program in which the cost is $150 on all service at 10000km interval up to 3 years or 60000km!

Smell, slightly burning smell, is the exhaust smell. It should not be there at 10000km.... have you rev the car up yet?? ^_^"

I've had the beast for two weeks now and I'm on my 5th tank already. The first three averaged between 12.6 and 12.2 on 91 Ron fuel covering between 450 to 500kms. The 4th tank I used 95 Ron petrol and to my surprise the usage jumped up to 15.5 l/100km and the range went down to 420 kms. This tank is back to 91 and the figures are down to 12 even. I have also noticed that the "distance to empty" guesstimate and the fuel guage are way out. Even running the car well past the "Zero range left",and having a 1mm gap between the TOP of the fuel guage pointer and the "E" (yes I run it down off the scale ), and filling the tank up untill I can see the petrol at the top of the filling tube, I have only managed to squeeze 65 L in tops. Therefor I should be able to get another 100kms out of a tank but I'm not game enough to try that yet.

My kxr awd is consuming 17.0l/100 it has only done 390klms on the clock as its only 5weeks old. i think it's drinking a bit too much fuel at the moment. does anyone know if its going to get better once i get more klm's or after the first service?

I've had the beast for two weeks now and I'm on my 5th tank already. The first three averaged between 12.6 and 12.2 on 91 Ron fuel covering between 450 to 500kms. The 4th tank I used 95 Ron petrol and to my surprise the usage jumped up to 15.5 l/100km and the range went down to 420 kms. This tank is back to 91 and the figures are down to 12 even. I have also noticed that the "distance to empty" guesstimate and the fuel guage are way out. Even running the car well past the "Zero range left",and having a 1mm gap between the TOP of the fuel guage pointer and the "E" (yes I run it down off the scale ), and filling the tank up untill I can see the petrol at the top of the filling tube, I have only managed to squeeze 65 L in tops. Therefor I should be able to get another 100kms out of a tank but I'm not game enough to try that yet.

Hello Men - I'm back.

Getting similar figures from our new black Grande (superb vehicle incidentally). This is achieve in city driving by consciously driving conservatively, using Caltex Vortex.

My kxr awd is consuming 17.0l/100 it has only done 390klms on the clock as its only 5weeks old. i think it's drinking a bit too much fuel at the moment. does anyone know if its going to get better once i get more klm's or after the first service?

Unfortunately I don't think a well run in engine will make that much of a difference in terms of fuel consumption. It will probably make some difference, but I believe the following will have way more impact on how much she drinks

- driving style. As Taka as mentioned multiple times, I find the consumption really depends on how heavy I am with the right foot. Being such a responsive engine, I really like to let her fly...but it doesn't take too long before the average consumption goes about 15.0l per 100.

- your typical usage. 390km sounds really low for 5 weeks old. Maybe you make very short trips in urban traffic an even before the engine has fully warmed up you are already at your destination. I find this also takes the fuel usage up. I have a friend who has a current model RAV4 and his consumption is something crazy like 14-15 l/100. But I reckon it is because the car is mainly used for trips under 10 mins.

- tyre pressure. You would be amazed how much an under inflated tyre will bring down the fuel efficiency.

- fuel quality/type. Not all fuels are equal.

Anyway, just some points to think about.

Personally, I am averaging around 13l/100km. I have 3500km on the clock and usally drive in metro Melbourne.

I have the FWD version, but I am sure how much more fuel a AWD Kluger will use. THe AWD is 100kg heavier and there will be some mechanical loss, but I think again its only very small compared to the above factors.

Cheers,

Ray

You are correct and TAKA is right it depends on how you drive, I have been running a KXR AWD between Geelong and Melbourne most days and I use a lite foot, my best return for the round trip was as low as 8.3L/100Km and I regularly get between 8.5 and 9.5 depending on in town trips. If you sink the boot in you pay for it at the bowser.

I have also noted a flat spot at 90K and when you hit 100-110 its like a tail wind and you can really ease off on the pedal.

Premium fuel definately feels better and the economy improves but I dont have realistic figures that I could quote at this stage.

I am in a rage today and put some V Power Shell in.

Cane it around the city/southbank (looking for car spot) and the car is sitting at 16.7L/100km after about 30km!

People can stop complaining about the fuel consumption. Once and for all the winner of biggest fuel eater is a Ford

The fuel rating label says the F6X should consume, on average, about 14.9 litres/100km, about 5 per cent more than a Turbo Territory Ghia - and about 20 per cent more than a regular Territory. But during our time with the F6X it consumed fuel at a rate between 20 and 25L/100km, even though there was a mix of city and open-road driving. That gave a theoretical range of about 300km between refills. So, driving one of the fastest cars on the road will also make you exercise more - as you pace frequently between the petrol pump and the service station attendant.

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleD...=52569&vf=7

Edited by Taka

• 12 years later...
On 4/22/2008 at 3:04 PM, Taka said:

Kruzenvax.

That is not even a lot of miles to get that 9L/100km! I can beat that!

Highway I can do 8.1L/100km! haha.

As I said the car is good econ, if you have a good right foot. The margin is so huge between very light foote drive and very spirited drive that it is something that owners should be aware off.

Your right foot is toooo gooood.