Toyota TRD Aurion 3500SL

SecaBoy

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True... That's why Im still workin on other mods.. Most of em are still pending.. pickin up my varex muffler this afro.. Angel eyes still on pending..

Ur car would look gorgeous with angel eyes.. Work on that instead? :lol:

yeah, angel eyes would look cool... but i hear they burn out really quick, so you'd constantly be opening the headlights to fix them...

one thing i wouldnt mind looking at is creating some of those "driving LEDS" on the front bumper...

like drill small holes in the bumper in a row and then install individual led's behind them...

if they were placed in the right spot, i reckon they'd look awesome...

all of that aside, my next mod i think will be a very simple mod... nothing special, but it may work to achieve the noise i want... ive been wanting to do it for ages, but just never been ****d to do it... lol

nah mate... no problems AT ALL...

they are 245/35/R19... same size tyre as the stock trd tyres...

if the car was dropped on its nuts, then you may have some scrubbing, but even when ive gone over a really bumpy road, there is not even a little bit of scrubbing...

no -ve's on 9" rims imo... :D

my brakes that i have on the car right now performs more than adequatly for my purposes...

3k is slightly excessive... but if i ever have 3k laying around, i know what i'll be doing... :lol:

but for now, i've decided against it... really really really want my intake finished now that i heard daryl's one...

hopefully if i get time tomorrow i'm going to take it to brendan's work and get a proper detail on it... should come up looking great...

so if anyones free on sat night for photos, lemme know! :D haha

well, i got my car done at silvabullet's work on saturday...

very very very impressed with the job...

if i was able to do the same thing at home, i reckon it would have taken me over 5hrs to complete... (yes, i'm slow! lol)

General wash

Blow dry

Interior & boot vacuum

Hand dry

Interior windows

Dashboard clean & frag

Wheel Bling

Door wells cleaned

Clear coat conditioner

Clay bar'd

Waxed & Polished

anyway, she came out a treat and the metalic paint really shines now... very happy with the job done... :)

Hey mate...just wondering when you got your wheels did they come with wheel nuts and also what length are the wheel nuts your using?

Reason i'm asking about the size is i've been searching online for lug/wheel nuts to suit and there seems to be about 3-4 different lengths available. :unsure:

ummm, sorry man, i cant help you out on that one...

i just used the ones that i had on my car which came with my 20s i bought...

what kinda measurements do you want? i can take one off and measure it if you want..

Ahhh thats cool man...i will use the recomended 50mm length in the Buddy Club brand.And thanks big time for the heads up on the $1185.00 delivered price,i rang them today and they agreed to do the same price,even delivered down here to Melbourne. :) so easy to deal with,nice people.The only drama is they are moving factories atm and they are going to ring me tomorrow to make sure they have the correct size/offset ect and i told them colors not an issue so hopefully when they call with the ok on stock i will deposit the bucks straight into their bank account so they can get em to me asap. :)

i just got a quote from toyota for the facelift tail lights that are clear...

for all 4 tail lights, its $998 + postage...

not bad i thought for genuine toyota parts...

dont think its worth it though... :lol: maybe when i get my bonus mid year... haha

well i got my 45k service done on thursday... and after picking up the car, i could feel/hear ANOTHER clunking noise!!!!

considering my intermediate shaft got replaced a while back and the original noise has gone, its not that... also, its a different feeling/sound...

the only time it happens is at low speeds and its after i have applied the brakes and put my foot on the gas again...

UGH!!! a service is meant to FIX THE PROBLEMS... not create more!!!

so anyway, i just got back from the toyota dealership...

the mechanic said there is definitely a noise coming from the front suspension somewhere and they said they'll look at it...

went back inside and the chick wanted me to book it in on monday... i said "ummm, no... if there is an issue with the suspension, i'm not going to be driving around on it incase something snaps/loosens/falls off/etc..."

so they're gonna look at it this arvo and let me know...

if it turns out that they've broken something in the process of a wheel alignment, i'll be ****** BIG TIME!

they better be able to fix it by COB today... i need my car for the weekend... not to mention i'll be stuck in Ipswich all weekend with no way home... :lol:

Damn, i love this car, but I would have got TE37 :P :lol: JK!!

Damn, seems like your having a bit of issues. I was really considering one for the wife (In white), or an IS250. The IS250 is too small out the back, but she says the Aurion is not really a girly/mum car haha, so she wants an RX350 :angry:.

Lol good one man. :lol:

turns out the strut brace was knocking on the bonnet.

Lol they put foam on the strut brace for free. They also washed my for free for any inconvience they may have caused me. Hahahaha.

Ah well. At least it's fixed though.

Interesting that the strut brace was affected after a wheel alignment.

Sounds like I won't be going to a certain dealer in Ipswich for servicing!

Any news?

edit: ^ All is well ends well. Too bad we aren't having a photoshoot now...!

Edited by andrew357

• 4 weeks later...

soooo, i jumped into my car this morning for the first time since sunday night...

then i notice there was water dripping from my roof where the sunglass holder is...

i took that section off the roof and water pi$$ed down all over my centre console and me... :x

so dried it all up and dried what i could in the roof, but then i went to move my sunvisor and water pi$$ed outta the connection to the roof!!!!

check the passenger side and its the SAME SH!T!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so i turned the car off and jumped into my mums car to go to work...

soooooooooooo fu(kin pi$$ed off right now its not even funny!!!

gonna ring toyota today near my house and get them to fix it...

my only concern is that the water has seeped down somewhere and its gonna short out the electronics... :(

and for the record, i'm not talking about a few drops... i'm talking about 300-400ml of water that actually came out of the roof... so god knows how much is still left up there... :(

You dont have a sunroof do you?

:lol: yeah mate..

Wow that sucks!

Leak in A/C system maybe? Aurion doesn't have a rear window washer?

its coming from the roof, so i doubt its the a/c system...

and nope, no window washer on the rear...

Sh*t... 300-400 ml... That's a lot! I won't be happy even if it's just drops.. Keep us posted on what the dealer has to say now..