What have you Asked to be Fixed at the 10,000k Service?

fish475

There must be many of us heading into the 10,000km service by now. Or some of us have been and done it already. I'm at the 9,000 mark.

What were the key items you requested to be attended too. I would be interested know and I guess other members might benefit to know.

My two are,

1st 6 stacker bluetooth unit has the person I'm talking too struggling to hear me. They say my voice is shallow and weak.

2nd Numerous dash rattles/plastic tweaks within the dash, especially around the edges of dash and the joint above the centre air vent with the dash are occurring and almost every day it seems.

New one appear whilst a previous one may disappear for a few days. Outside temperature seems to be playing a major role here. Today under the steering wheel area produced non stop rattles thats my passengers even comment on.

But I love the vehicle totally, so it's not a whinge post.

Edited by fish475

There must be many of us heading into the 10,000km service by now. Or some of us have been and done it already. I'm at the 9,000 mark.

What were the key items you requested to be attended too. I would be interested know and I guess other members might benefit to know.

My two are,

1st 6 stacker bluetooth unit has the person I'm talking too struggling to hear me. They say my voice is shallow and weak.

2nd Numerous dash rattles/plastic tweaks within the dash, especially around the edges of dash and the joint above the centre air vent with the dash are occurring and almost every day it seems.

New one appear whilst a previous one may disappear for a few days. Outside temperature seems to be playing a major role here. Today under the steering wheel area produced non stop rattles thats my passengers even comment on.

Something I forgot to ask and may not be relevant to you... I forgot to tell them to set the auto headlight longer latency so it will not turn on under a bridge at cruising speed...

You know it looks like I am flashing someone in front, and I drive very politely at all times :whistling:

We just did our 10k service 2 weeks ago.

The only thing I got them to look at was to tighten the handbrake.

They did but its still not as good as I expect.

I dunno I maust be asking too much from it.

We have to take ours in for some panel work soon though. Believe it or not my Mrs still managed to reverse into a pole. Dont ask me how, with a big reverse camera screen, parking sensors and those big mirrors ....... :rolleyes:

Wierd, mine works a treat. Had no problems parking it on any of the slopes at the touristy sites at Halls Gap last weekend.

The one thing that I'll be getting looked at when the 20,000k service comes up (already had the 10,000) is the reverse gear.

Maybe it's just me, but when the car is first started in the morning, and put into reverse, it's as noisy as hell!!! If I then put it in drive and cruise off down the road, the next time it goes into reverse it's all ok.

Dont ask me how, with a big reverse camera screen, parking sensors and those big mirrors ....... :rolleyes:

Oh well... :unsure: I was going to suggest hormone.... but I won't :rolleyes:

My wife park funny in the garage, and hopefully she will not touch my car on the way in <_<

BTW! is there a way to change the automatic light setting WITHOUT going to the dealer?

Edited by Taka

Something I forgot to ask and may not be relevant to you... I forgot to tell them to set the auto headlight longer latency so it will not turn on under a bridge at cruising speed...

You know it looks like I am flashing someone in front, and I drive very politely at all times :whistling:

Yeah great point Taka. Was thinking the other day about this.... The thing with the auto lights is. I wish it would come on a bit earlier then it does as in if it wasn’t auto I would have put my lights on myself as it’s getting a little dark. But then I don’t like it coming on under every bridge every time.

But I think to get it stop coming on under the bridge they will need to drop the sensitivity down, but then it would need to be darker for them to come on in the first place which I think is to late anyway.

If you’re not confused now, I am. Hehe Sorry.

rEEza there are 2 thing you can change on the auto lights (from the owners manual) and the US site.

Intensity that it tricker the (+) signal.

The time of this (+) signal to last in order to turn on the lights...

I think the intensity is ok, and I admit under the bridge is very dark, but only 1 sec latency is too short, even in car parks I don't mind a 3 sec delay before the lights comes on as long as it is on inside the car park.

Of course, you can have it on under every tree.... :yahoo:

Edited by Taka

So I could have it to say, wait 3 seconds before the lights come on. But also come on when the ambient light is a little lighter then when they would come on, not that it’s a real issue, but the delay is a must.

Being able to adjust without going to the dealer would be great. Unless they need to plug into the car I wonder if there is a trick we could do ourselves.

Thanks Taka for pointing out about the latency setting. I will have to get this changed as well during my next service to stop the lights flicking on an off when passing under bridges.

Although I asked the dealer to adjust the headlights to come on sooner, I don't think it made much difference. Next service I will ask them to put it to the maximum sensitivity to see what difference it makes. Driving at dusk, most of the cars already have their headlights on, whilst mine are still off...Kinda defeats the purpose of 'auto' if I have to switch it on manually everytime.

Thanks Taka for pointing out about the latency setting. I will have to get this changed as well during my next service to stop the lights flicking on an off when passing under bridges.

Although I asked the dealer to adjust the headlights to come on sooner, I don't think it made much difference. Next service I will ask them to put it to the maximum sensitivity to see what difference it makes. Driving at dusk, most of the cars already have their headlights on, whilst mine are still off...Kinda defeats the purpose of 'auto' if I have to switch it on manually everytime.

That's what I'm talking about rzkman. They need to come on sooner like at dusk but delayed so they don't flick on under every bridge.

rzkman has a point; I thought factory setting for sensitivity is 3 out of 5.

Most sensitivity that comes on the latest do you guys think? I have to admit that sometimes only the low beam is on during dusk.

rzkman has a point; I thought factory setting for sensitivity is 3 out of 5.

Most sensitivity that comes on the latest do you guys think? I have to admit that sometimes only the low beam is on during dusk.

Yeah the park lights / fog lamps come on first then as it gets darker the full lights come on.

I'm happy to have the park/fogs come on first, but even at dusk they don't come on (sometimes).

If 3 is default I think I might try 2. It will be more of an issue coming into winter, if the weather is crap (rain etc..) coming into dusk would make me feel a little safer.

Cheers.

i've got the same problem in my KX-S. I called the dealer and they had no idea and blamed the phone, a Blackberry Pearl.

Can anyone advise if the microphone pick up is done using the 6 stacker unit or the phone? Dealer said it was the phone, but I have placed test calls with the phone up close and far away and it makes no difference.

RBA,

I reported the prob at around 2000k, dealer asked me to register other family phones to see if prob was still there. If it was they would deal with it.

I have not done it yet.

But when I drive if I lean over and talk fairly close to the mic pick up slot on the 6 stacker unit. My other parties say thats better.

Prob is, people in other cars think your talking to your dash board.

9300ks up so I have to register and try the other phones real soon.

By the way mine is a Nokia 6120 with the lastest '08 software update.

Edit; no auto light switch for me to stress over. In my last 2 yr old commodore. Some times they stayed on after the car was locked and you went shopping. 15mins later and there still on.

Edited by fish475

• 11 months later...

Wierd, mine works a treat. Had no problems parking it on any of the slopes at the touristy sites at Halls Gap last weekend.

The one thing that I'll be getting looked at when the 20,000k service comes up (already had the 10,000) is the reverse gear.

Maybe it's just me, but when the car is first started in the morning, and put into reverse, it's as noisy as hell!!! If I then put it in drive and cruise off down the road, the next time it goes into reverse it's all ok.

Just recently purchased a 2007 KX-R Kluger and it also is noisy in the morning when putting in reverse for the first time. I am about to have its 30,000k service and was wondering if you managed to have the problem fixed.

My two are,

Ours has done 25000km, mostly on trips from Canberra to Adelaide, (sometimes straight through, sometimes with a break half way). Only items which required attention at the 2 services we have had are .... armrest breaking, and dash rattles. Dash rattles took two trips to the dealer to get sorted and now there is not a murmur. Armrest was fixed by having the whole drivers side door panel replaced. Have not had anyone complain about Bluetooth reception, but then again our microphone is in the console between the sunvisors not down on the dash. Only mod which we have done is changed the air filter to K&N drop-in and we always have all 5 tyres rotated at the service. Could not be happier with the vehicle. It is extremely comfortable for the cruising we do and is relatively economical on our trips ... 10.03lt/100 (9.96kls/ltr or 28.3mpg). Glad we purchased a Kluger Grande.

My two are,

Ours has done 25000km, mostly on trips from Canberra to Adelaide, (sometimes straight through, sometimes with a break half way). Only items which required attention at the 2 services we have had are .... armrest breaking, and dash rattles. Dash rattles took two trips to the dealer to get sorted and now there is not a murmur. Armrest was fixed by having the whole drivers side door panel replaced. Have not had anyone complain about Bluetooth reception, but then again our microphone is in the console between the sunvisors not down on the dash. Only mod which we have done is changed the air filter to K&N drop-in and we always have all 5 tyres rotated at the service. Could not be happier with the vehicle. It is extremely comfortable for the cruising we do and is relatively economical on our trips ... 10.03lt/100 (9.96kls/ltr or 28.3mpg). Glad we purchased a Kluger Grande.

<_< Expect little joy in resolving you bluetooth problem. I had the same problem, I've my unit replaced and still have the same issues that you speak of. I've had it paried with HTC, ZTE, Nokia, Blackberry and Sony. It seems to work the best with Sony and if you are not moving very fast. My understanding is that it is a common issue that they cannot address, the only fix would be if the unit had a port at the back for a seperate microphone that has greater sensitivity. Worst $800 upgrade I spent, which was mainly for the bluetooth.

I've had it paried with HTC, ZTE, Nokia, Blackberry and Sony. It seems to work the best with Sony and if you are not moving very fast.

I've used it quite a lot with my Samsung D900 with no complaints. Maybe there's volume setting in the phone you can adjust to increase volume?

The Bluetooth mic in the KX-S is definitely poor (either location or quality). I cannot have a clear conversation with my wife, as her voice just does not come over well at all (some may say that's a good thing?!!)

The Bluetooth mic in the KX-S is definitely poor (either location or quality). I cannot have a clear conversation with my wife, as her voice just does not come over well at all (some may say that's a good thing?!!)

There is a thread on Toyota Nation addressing the issue:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291482

I haven't tried any of the suggestions.

I've had it paried with HTC, ZTE, Nokia, Blackberry and Sony. It seems to work the best with Sony and if you are not moving very fast.

I've used it quite a lot with my Samsung D900 with no complaints. Maybe there's volume setting in the phone you can adjust to increase volume?

I was told by more than 1 car stereo store that Parrot bluetooth units were the only ones they had found that worked properly with most phones. That was one of the reasons I upgraded the KX-R stereo to a Kenwood unit; Kenwood uses a Parrot bluetooth module. I have found that everything works perfectly with my Kenwood unit with the 3 different phones I have, SonyEricsson, Motorola and Nokia. That includes SMS, phonebook synchronisation(does it every time you connect, automatically) and call lists.

In the Grande, all things work properly with the Sony, but not everything with the others.

I was also able to mount the microphone in the same location as the Grande and it is as clear as when not using bluetooth.

Some Pioneer head units also use Parrot, so between the 2 brands you have a lot of choices that are better than upgrading to the KX-S head unit.

I was told by more than 1 car stereo store that Parrot bluetooth units were the only ones they had found that worked properly with most phones. That was one of the reasons I upgraded the KX-R stereo to a Kenwood unit; Kenwood uses a Parrot bluetooth module. I have found that everything works perfectly with my Kenwood unit with the 3 different phones I have, SonyEricsson, Motorola and Nokia. That includes SMS, phonebook synchronisation(does it every time you connect, automatically) and call lists.

In the Grande, all things work properly with the Sony, but not everything with the others.

I was also able to mount the microphone in the same location as the Grande and it is as clear as when not using bluetooth.

Some Pioneer head units also use Parrot, so between the 2 brands you have a lot of choices that are better than upgrading to the KX-S head unit.

<_< All of the settings that can be adjusted have been but to no avail. Had I known, I would have purchased either the JVC or Kenwood unit aftermarket and not bothered with the alleged upgrade. It really need a seperate external microphone. If I find out anything, I'll let you know.