Toyota Aurion with Varex Mufflers

SecaBoy

I might be able to come, you guys can use my car's stock figures as a base comparison. No mods or anything done to it, only done 2000km, so it should be about as close to standard figures as possible.

jason:

from what i was told by the dealer... if i put a cat back exhaust on the car, and keep all the sensors in place, the warranty on the engine wont be void...

but then again... the honda dealer knew SFA about warranty when i bought my euro...

i'll ask the servicing guys at my first service.. :)

Ash,

Changing the exhaust will effect the engine warranty.

+1. This is also wat i heard from Toyota service guy when i sent in my camry for extending my car warranty. ONLY change to muffler, will also give them a farking good reason to void the ENGINE warranty. I didnt dare to tell u guys, coz i m not tat sure.

Make sure when they say its legal to get it in writing, bcause Toyota being Toyota a big faceless corporation, they'll shaft you on the warranty claims.

Let me know of the dyno day, i'll come around would love to see the figures these cars are pulling!

Hey dudes,

I am too looking into doing what Darius did with his exchaust and I am interested for my information and confirmation on this topic.

Cheers

Where abouts are you from Zr6er?

I can just give you my mechanic's details if you want, and you can go talk to him about it

I work in Burwood East and heard your from around Glenn Waverly so its real close. I sometimes see your car around Glenn so have your concluded that your mod has made an improvement in power? Please elaborate cause I am interested if it's going to cost me under 1K for the setup.

If its just sound then won't the mufflers just do why the cutting of the mid pipe?

I work in Burwood East and heard your from around Glenn Waverly so its real close. I sometimes see your car around Glenn so have your concluded that your mod has made an improvement in power? Please elaborate cause I am interested if it's going to cost me under 1K for the setup.

If its just sound then won't the mufflers just do why the cutting of the mid pipe?

Because the majority of the sound reduction comes from the resonater... so you have to cut that out if you want the sound and volume i have.

All up, it cost me just over $1k, but might be different now if the price in the varex has come down!

If you want the details of my mechanic pm me. I'll be more than happy to pass it on.

He's in Nunawading, so it's close for you.

it comes in either cannon style or oval style...

i'm yet to hear the oval style on ANY sort of car though... so i dont know what it'll sound like...

Typically, the cannon style of muffler has always been designed with turbocharged cars in mind (the straight through benefits the motors ability to breath better).

If you put this on a non-turbo car, it will most likely sound like a constipated yak.

Go the ovals. What's wrong with the mufflers on there already though?

the stock TRD mufflers are REALLY quiet... you can hear that there is this beast just waiting to be released... lol

thats really the only reason why i want an exhaust...

hell, lets face it... i'm still young and still a hoon... :ph34r: lol

the stock TRD mufflers are REALLY quiet... you can hear that there is this beast just waiting to be released... lol

thats really the only reason why i want an exhaust...

hell, lets face it... i'm still young and still a hoon... :ph34r: lol

LOL exactly, they thought only boring old men would buy them

Sounds fine to me :D

Must be the epic'ness of the motor that doesn't give it the 'yak' sound.

Sure beats a rice cannon :\ (when I say rice, I mean rice rice, "Supercheap" cannon)

Edited by Lord Nelson Derpentstein

okay... so i've been bored lately... and thinking of ways of making the sound of the car beefier but also using the varex muffler so that i can shut the noise up if need be...

discussion on the suggested system below is welcome!

my reasoning behind this is so that i only have to use ONE varex muffler instead of two...

and as darius has mentioned, apparently the stock resonator does a REAALLLYYYY good job of shutting up the system... and by just replacing the rear mufflers, that does SFA for the sound...

now, i know nothing about exhaust designs... and all that back pressure bull****... so can anyone tell me if there is an issue with having such a long pipe after the varex muffler in the middle of the car?

planned_trd_exhaust_139.jpg

okay... so i've been bored lately... and thinking of ways of making the sound of the car beefier but also using the varex muffler so that i can shut the noise up if need be...

my reasoning behind this is so that i only have to use ONE varex muffler instead of two...

and as darius has mentioned, apparently the stock resonator does a REAALLLYYYY good job of shutting up the system... and by just replacing the rear mufflers, that does SFA for the sound...

now, i know nothing about exhaust designs... and all that back pressure bull****... so can anyone tell me if there is an issue with having such a long pipe after the varex muffler in the middle of the car?

I don't know too much as well about the design of exhausts as well, but that sure seems like a creative idea. Firstly though, it would be rather interesting attaching the pipework to the outlet of the Varex since it has a 4.5 inch tip. Also, the exhaust note will be affected (good or bad, I don't know) with all that pipe afterwards. In addition to that, due to the Varex design, wouldn't that effectively just make it a straight pipe with the ability to make it quieter on demand? If that was the case, that would be one loud system. Can you set the Varex to half way or is it only fully open or fully closed? Darius should be able to answer that for us.

well, after the 4.5" tip, a mate can make the pipe split into two 2.5" pipes... or maybe even buy a stainless steel reducer...

and also, i've been told by a guy that makes exhausts that if you have a really long pipe after the last muffler, the noise is greatly reduced... but i dont know if he means it'll be as quiet as a stock exhaust, or if he meant that it'll just be quieter than an exhaust system which is straight through with no mufflers... :huh:

this is creative, but i dont think it will work.. lolz, this is sooooo funny... and even if this is wat the mech taught me to do, i WONT DO IT.. no matter what!

and it will look UGLY.. seriously..

why will it look ugly? :huh:

on the trd, you cant see any of the exhaust at all.. so it is completely irrelevant of what it'll look like cause no one will ever see it...

also, why do you say that it wont work?

a lot of the old school muscle cars have a similar setup...

planned_trd_exhaust_139.jpg

IMO for your force induced 3.5 ltr car you want something in the lines of a 3" to 4" exhaust system as backpressure has become an enemy to the boost,

I Dont think there is any issue of putting th muffler in replace to the resonator, just make sure there is enough clearance off the ground..

Out of interest has anybody checked on what the yanks and their camry/Avalon? Im pretty sure there has to be someone there whose done an exhaust upgrade and have had it dynoed...