Removing Emblems

Silver Levin

Easiest way is to leave the car in the sun for a while, and then slowly peel it off with your fingers, If you're careful, you can take it off in one piece and keep it, if you decide to change your mind and put it back again later.

Hair dryer, dental floss that's all you need.

Use the hair dryer to warm up the badges so the sticky stuff gets soft, and use dental floss behind the badge in a sawing motion and it will just come off.

Then get some goo removing agent and clean off the mess, and wollah.

Use the hair dryer to warm up the badges so the sticky stuff gets soft, and use dental floss behind the badge in a sawing motion and it will just come off.

Thanks man!

TOday a guy told me just use a credit card taped in sticky tape and use in behind the badge in a sawing motion similar to dental floss.

Nonethless, your contribution is much appreciated! Sounds like ur way may be the easier, quicker and less messy way too!

Coz i spent heaps of time trying to take off the guey glue stuff

Thanks man!

TOday a guy told me just use a credit card taped in sticky tape and use in behind the badge in a sawing motion similar to dental floss.

Nonethless, your contribution is much appreciated! Sounds like ur way may be the easier, quicker and less messy way too!

Coz i spent heaps of time trying to take off the guey glue stuff

I thought the 1.8 emblem on the Levin was a metal one, not a sticky on like the Levin Logo on the back....

dDfinatley plastic. Once you have got it off try some turps on a very soft cloth and gently rub the glue to soften it up. The turps eventually dissolves the adhesive and you can wipe it off with your finger. But don't rub too hard or you may scratch the paint work.

• 10 months later...

Hey Fellas,

Do you know if this method will work on the badges on the back of the car i want to take off the TOYOT SECA COROLLA off and put LEVIN where SECA was in the middle.

I dont want to wreck my paint and i dont really want to have to get it resprayed either but if i have to i will, just want to know if anyone has tried it before i try it and screw the paint.

Yer i removed all my badges, just grab some fishing wire or dental floss and pull

em off, and then use goo remover like tea tree oil or turps with water, and then

give it a good polish cause the paint underneath has been unaffected by sun..

I have removed all badges on my conquest.

For all of them I used the same method. I started with the seca and got carried away and before I knew it there was only the toyota symbol left. Here is the method if you are trying it yourself:

1. Wait for a hot day and park it in the sun for a while.

2. Run dental floss inbetween the paint and the badge in a sawing motion. No this will not damage you paint!

3. Carefully remove any left over double sided tape with ur finger nails.

4. Polish to remove shadowing.

5. Polish to remove shadowing.

6. Polish to remove shadowing.

Norman polish got it done fine for me. No special cutting compound required. Cant even tell where they were. Beautiful!

Free mods are the best mods!

Makes me laugh reading all these tips for debadging...

I am kind of an impatient person and lacking dental floss/fishing wire, a hot day, or even a hair dryer, these emblems were annoying me so much, i took to my chrome emblems with a pair of PLYERS. That is right, a meaty pair of needle nosed plyers.

WARNING: I WOULD NOT ADVISE THAT ANYONE ELSE ATTEMPTS THIS MAVEUVOURE AT HOME, THIS IS POTENTIAL HARMFUL TO THE INDIVIDUAL AND VEHICLE!

So anyhow, basically, i just carefully "pryed" each emblem off with a good tight clenching of the plyers and a slow and steady removal procedure. Once the torn up chrome emblems were discarded i just worked the kero and polish to get the sticky grey shiznet off and before you know it, an hour later - NO MORE GAY CHROME BADGES, WOOT!

May i add also, that my vehicle did not sustain any scratches as a result of this procedure, but i wouldnt be doing it again in a hurry - anyone who has not yet done this, please follow the ^above^ advice of people.

NO MORE GAY CHROME BADGES, WOOT!

HEY! Chrome badges are not gay! Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

There are a number of people on the forum who like their badges and add to their collection when possible ... people such as me!

I'm obviously not a fan of removing badges, but hey, each to his own. If we all had exactly the same car, life would be pretty boring.

But please refrain from referring to chrome badges as "gay" ... not that there's anything wrong with that ... :)

Edited by Buddha

mines fuked!!!

i took off my 1.8

after taking it off... i realise.. theres a mark.. under it..

its.. a rectangular shape... its kinda like stamp on it REALLY HARD.. n the 1.8 touches the edge of the mark...

man i wish i had the money for a sportivo.. >.<

NO MORE GAY CHROME BADGES, WOOT!

Yeah man! Badges are certainly not gay!!!

And on that note, can we stop with the Chrome bashing already?

Chrome when done well on a car is great!

In this age of bronze, gunmetal and carbon fiber - a real man goes chrome!

sounds like some people dont have the mad skills to remove their badges so they pretend to like them :P :P :P

Welcome to the club man,

nah, i'm gunning for most chromed up rolla in the club, so i'm keeping all my badges on and trying to get a few more here and there.

Hey Brandon, what do u reakon i try this on your car?

<==> <- indicator

Dual VVT-I

1.8 VVT-I

1.8 VVT-I

hahahhaha :lol:

ok, i'm really bored at work

sounds like some people dont have the mad skills to remove their badges so they pretend to like them :P :P :P

Welcome to the club man,

nah, i'm gunning for most chromed up rolla in the club, so i'm keeping all my badges on and trying to get a few more here and there.

<==> <- indicator

Dual VVT-I

1.8 VVT-I

1.8 VVT-I

hahahhaha :lol:

huh????

Welcome to the club man,

<==>              <- indicator

Dual VVT-I

1.8 VVT-I

1.8 VVT-I

hahahhaha  :lol:

why would you put 2 1.8 VVT-I badges on?

i think just one VVT-I like brandons look great

too much and its a hippy car

Welcome to the club man,

<==>              <- indicator

Dual VVT-I

1.8 VVT-I

1.8 VVT-I

hahahhaha  :lol:

why would you put 2 1.8 VVT-I badges on?

i think just one VVT-I like brandons look great

too much and its a hippy car

Nah brandon's car looking too good now, and after he gets all hisbody kit parts in and installs it, it will look too good, we gotta make it a little daggy first

im planning to remove all badges except for the toyota logo on the front and the back over the weekend, im sick of cleaning inside the tiny letters!!!

anyway, can anyone suggest a good "goo remover" other than eucalyptus oil... i used that on my last car and it took forever to get the goo off

kevin, would you like my VVTL-i badges from under my indicator??? :D

Edited by HDACHE

Far from it ... to me, its jewellery for the car.

Just ignore the fact that the Buddhamobile has more jewellery than Mrs Buddha! :P

The thing with doing up a car is that fads come and go. Remember the bigger the rear wing was, the better. Excels driving around with supra rear spoilers and stuff. Just one of many things to do to a car that sounds good at the time but then 6 months latter u look like a twit.

The only thing than wont go out of fashion is the smooth, simple look. Simplicity makes it beautiful. Badges make a car look too complex. Its the same as colour coding. Makes the car look more simple, hence beautiful. My advise if get rid of all badges. And if your budget allows it shave the door handles, blinkers, etc. Then all you have to do is update your rims and grill every few years and you have a car that is forever cool.