Removing Emblems

Silver Levin

Welcome to the club man,

nah, i'm gunning for most chromed up rolla in the club, so i'm keeping all my badges on and trying to get a few more here and there.

Hey Brandon, what do u reakon i try this on your car?

<==>              <- indicator

Dual VVT-I

1.8 VVT-I

1.8 VVT-I

hahahhaha  :lol:

ok, i'm really bored at work

Man chrome badges dont make your car heaps chrome. Its like me putting a shirt on that has boobs on the front and calling myself a woman. If you want the be the most chromed u need to chrome your door handles, around your windows, your mirrors, get a kit with chrome inserts and maybe some nice chrome vents in your bonnet. This ofcourse added to the biggest chrome wheels u can fit into your wheel arches. And if you wanna go all out chromed engine bay. Then you will truely be chrome-worthy.

Welcome to the club man,

nah, i'm gunning for most chromed up rolla in the club, so i'm keeping all my badges on and trying to get a few more here and there.

Hey Brandon, what do u reakon i try this on your car?

<==>              <- indicator

Dual VVT-I

1.8 VVT-I

1.8 VVT-I

hahahhaha  :lol:

ok, i'm really bored at work

Man chrome badges dont make your car heaps chrome. Its like me putting a shirt on that has boobs on the front and calling myself a woman. If you want the be the most chromed u need to chrome your door handles, around your windows, your mirrors, get a kit with chrome inserts and maybe some nice chrome vents in your bonnet. This ofcourse added to the biggest chrome wheels u can fit into your wheel arches. And if you wanna go all out chromed engine bay. Then you will truely be chrome-worthy.

Waayy ahead of you man, am currently waiting for a trip to asia to pick up

chrome handles

chrome side strips

chrome wheel archs

chrome pillar guards and some other custom bits

already got the chrome rims (didn't want to go 18...too expensive)

got the grille and zorst covered.

even chrome meshing done

not going to chrome up the engine bay coz there's still fiddling to be done under there.

If you stare at my HIDS long enough u'll realise that they're chrome too. just keep watching my garage for the evolution of my chrome beastie

welcome to the club. now post pics of your car man!

The thing with doing up a car is that fads come and go. Remember the bigger the rear wing was, the better. Excels driving around with supra rear spoilers and stuff. Just one of many things to do to a car that sounds good at the time but then 6 months latter u look like a twit.

The only thing than wont go out of fashion is the smooth, simple look. Simplicity makes it beautiful. Badges make a car look too complex. Its the same as colour coding. Makes the car look more simple, hence beautiful. My advise if get rid of all badges. And if your budget allows it shave the door handles, blinkers, etc. Then all you have to do is update your rims and grill every few years and you have a car that is forever cool.

Firstly, your big wing analogy is incorrect ... those silly things never looked good, they always made a car look like a shopping trolley. The only difference between a Supra and an Excel in that regard is that the Supra's wing was there for a purpose, if not exactly pretty. Big wings on an Excel are just dumb. :P

In terms of the clean look vs the busy look, that's been the case for many decades ... some people want a minimalist look, which I like, don't get me wrong ... some people want "the lot", taking the options list and then some. Just a matter of personal taste and opinion, not to mention budget! :D

i stuffed up !!!!!

the seca part is fine..

but the other part... its got a mark...

like.. see thru plastic still on the car..

its been respray (from previous owner) and its not done properly.. like.. its uneven.... now without the badge.. its more visible...

how can i fix it... and where??

i stuffed up !!!!!

the seca part is fine..

but the other part... its got a mark...

like.. see thru plastic still on the car..

its been respray (from previous owner) and its not done properly.. like.. its uneven.... now without the badge.. its more visible...

how can i fix it... and where??

oh dodgy

it been in accident? there is no plsatic on your car .. it mor ethan likely a clear coat? but i didnt know they did that unless u request ... and then i would get liek 5 layers of clear and sand it back each time except on last application mmm would look so deep and wet

oh dodgy

it been in accident? there is no plsatic on your car .. it mor ethan likely a clear coat? but i didnt know they did that unless u request ... and then i would get liek 5 layers of clear and sand it back each time except on last application mmm would look so deep and wet

yeh, like a clear coat... i guess theres been an accident... it was a company's car i guess...

so ur saying getting a few layers of clear coat and sand it out?

where can i do that?? how much will it cost.. man.. i was thinking PEELING off the WHOLE clear coat at the back.. but.. i doubt it that it will work...

WOW!!! id thought i will nv get a reply here... i didnt know theres actually people reading here..

ROMP!!! uve helped me sooooo much!!! thxthx!!!

oh dodgy

yeh, like a clear coat... i guess theres been an accident... it was a company's car i guess...

so ur saying getting a few layers of clear coat and sand it out?

where can i do that?? how much will it cost.. man.. i was thinking PEELING off the WHOLE clear coat at the back.. but.. i doubt it that it will work...

WOW!!! id thought i will nv get a reply here... i didnt know theres actually people reading here..

ROMP!!! uve helped me sooooo much!!! thxthx!!!

Take a photo so I can see whats going on .. and no i dont mean to apply clear .. u will need to sand back with wet and dry the whole area and respray .. but u might get away with some touch up ...