Ashtry Globe in corolla sportivo??

CME-LFT

Hi guys, hopefully someone out there has had the same problem.

I just noticed that the little globe in my cars front ashtray doesnt light up (04 Corolla Sportivo). Just curious as to how i would go abouts taking it out (does it twist, pull out ....???)what sort of globe is it, (how many watts and such) and do i have to rip off that grey plastic cover

I know its such a minor issue but as i want to do the red console mod soon, i was going to change that green plastic bit in the ashtray to red and i need a working light lol

P.s ive tried and ive tried and i still cant take off the damn cover for the interior light. (wanted to put in those lil led ones that give off a white light)

Anyways, once again thanks for your help :D

The silver panel that holds your gear boot is simply held by 4 little plastic inserts so if you unscrew the gearknob and disconnect the cig lighter it just pops in and out. Then you can get your hands in there I think. Ages ago I did it to put a little blue condom on on the bulb instead of the standard green, looks rad :D

As for changing the globe itself you should be able to get behind there after taking the shifter piece off and disconnecting the cig lighter. When it's not so dark I'll have a go at it and take a few snaps if I figure it out. I'm sure I've done it before. It was about 2 years ago though.

Not exactly sure what type of bulb it is, it might be a diode, but if you take a look at the pic I have posted you will see that the little green condom is smaller than the blue condom. The blue condoms were made for T5mm bulbs, so you can assume that the one you need is smaller than T5

Hey again.

Took off the console this arvo and pulled out the globe, ITS TINY.lol. it looks like a wedge type, didnt appear to be blown even though its not working(i hope its still gettin power and the wire isnt damaged) anway i might give dk smith or jaycar a go this weekend, see if they have any. As far as wattage wise i stil have no clue, i tried switching the direction of the globe around in its holder, still no light. anyways thanks for your help. :D

Edited by CME-LFT

Update : went autobahn this arvo, picked up the globes, they had red led replacements for them that fit in the original sockets. alls working, very nice.lol. now i hope those same red led replacements fit into the console backlights, saves me having to put condoms over them.lol

Update : went autobahn this arvo, picked up the globes, they had red led replacements for them that fit in the original sockets. alls working, very nice.lol. now i hope those same red led replacements fit into the console backlights, saves me having to put condoms over them.lol

I think the ones in the instrument panles etc require soldering.

Show us pics :D

Yeh happened to be one led short cause i busted one. will post pics asap. I changed clock/temp/fan speed/ display screen and lower buttons except one side. and the ashtray ( the ashtray was the only one i didnt have to modify and the red still shines through the green piece of plastic thats at the back of it.

Colour came out very well, bright and no spots, the light its blended well looks as if it was done factory.

All the globe i replaced with led red ones from autobahn. requires minimal moding to change them to fit the factory globe holder. will try to post pics when completely done and how to mod the leds as well. :D

p.s no need for coloured sleeves and no soldering required as yet, i dont fell like changing the little lights over the air con button ( you know the little square sections.

Edited by CME-LFT

Just took these photos now. These pics really dont do the console any justice.

ALL the buttons are as bright at the display screen, and the red looks very close in colour and brightness as the passenger light.

And the ashtray light, theres no need for me to take out that green plastic because the red shows through it pretty well still. Once again, will show better pics soon. including the led i used. (at the gf house atm with her crap camera.lol)

Just took these photos now. These pics really dont do the console any justice.

ALL the buttons are as bright at the display screen, and the red looks very close in colour and brightness as the passenger light.

And the ashtray light, theres no need for me to take out that green plastic because the red shows through it pretty well still. Once again, will show better pics soon. including the led i used. (at the gf house atm with her crap camera.lol)

looks awesome...

yeah, some more pic's would be great..

it might just convince me to go ahead and do the same to mine...

anyone replaced it on the deck also?

All you need to do is unbend the connections on the original globe through the lamp holder and slide the globe out. Then do the same with the LEDs (pulling it out of the red lamp holder/base it comes with) and customising it to fit in the original lamp holders.

• 2 weeks later...
LOLOL i had the same trouble, but then i realised u have to actually turn on ur headlights to get the light on LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

stooge ..

lol! wtf?

LOLOL i had the same trouble, but then i realised u have to actually turn on ur headlights to get the light on LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

stooge ..

blonde...

that is all

lmfao leave me alone LOL it doesnt matter anyways

cos the important thing is that .. LOL i know how to drive

o_rly.jpg

Im Kent Brockmannn...!!!

Edited by TRIPPER

stooge ..

blonde...

that is all

lmfao leave me alone LOL it doesnt matter anyways

cos the important thing is that .. LOL i know how to drive

o_rly.jpg

Im Kent Brockmannn...!!!

that is all turk

• 1 year later...