Fog Light install

Scott_C

Hi Guys,

I need your help please!!!

I have installed the foglight with no problem.

but I tried to find the wires for the switch. I saw a white connection lable D3 (not D13) with a few wires on it. I guess the light blue and red should be pin3 and Pin4. please confirm if it is right.

thankspost-10321-1253936553_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys,

I need your help please!!!

I have installed the foglight with no problem.

but I tried to find the wires for the switch. I saw a white connection lable D3 (not D13) with a few wires on it. I guess the light blue and red should be pin3 and Pin4. please confirm if it is right.

thankspost-10321-1253936553_thumb.jpg

nokia 6670

the wires are pins 3 & 4 the light gray and orange ones that are seperated on the connector you have shown

Ash

the wires are pins 3 & 4 the light gray and orange ones that are seperated on the connector you have shown

Ash

thanks for your reply,

but gray and orange ones looks like pin7 and pin 8, according to the connector lable the number start from left side, so pin 3 and pin 4 should be light blue and red one. I am confused.

according to the connector lable the number start from left side, so pin 3 and pin 4 should be light blue and red one. I am confused.

sorry, I mean the connector numbering start from right side (not left side). so the light blue and red one should be pin3 and pin4.

No point having fog lights anyway with the new laws coming into force from 12th October nationally. It will be illegal to drive with fog lights on in clear weather. About time too.

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home/Gener...gulations/Road/

I had fog lights on my last couple of cars and they were great on wet nights. As far as I know, it's not illegal to have fog lights on while it's raining.

I had fog lights on my last couple of cars and they were great on wet nights. As far as I know, it's not illegal to have fog lights on while it's raining.

For an oncoming vehicle, a wet road can be worse than dry as the light will reflect off the water on the road. The regulations leave a lot of room for interpretation by the person issuing the ticket. The following document around page 5 attempts to clarify things somewhat, but it isn't exactly 100% clear:

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/resources/..._22_sept_09.pdf

The main problem the law is attempting to address is all the try hards who drive around all the time with poorly mounted lights on blinding everyone. Anyone know how well adjusted the kluger's lights are fromm the factory, I've never really checked. I did find this comprehensive link on adjusting lights:

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/aim/aim.html

hi nokia6670

the wires i spoke off are the ones that i used connected together using a switch and they work fine, so i can only speak from my experience of installing the fog lights (2008 kxr)

hi nokia6670

the wires i spoke off are the ones that i used connected together using a switch and they work fine, so i can only speak from my experience of installing the fog lights (2008 kxr)

thanks ash40,

i have to find the right size switch install on dash board this weekend then to connect it.

cheers!

• 5 weeks later...

Other than the switch that comes with the fog light kit, what type of switches are people using for the fog lights?? I have heard that a Landcruiser 79 series switch will fit in the blank perfectly??

Please post some pics.

I would like to try keep the switch as "factory" looking as possible.

Thanks

Edited by KXRuising

just use the ones that come with the fogs you buy from ebay. It fits in the slot as it should. ll you need is roof rails afterwards and looks like you have a grande from the outside.

Thanks Gerds,

Ordererd rails from OZNEST last night as you did.

Can you post an image of the installed fog light switch. I assume that you went down this path rather than replacing the indicator stalk. As I mentioned I would prefer to have a switch that looks like it belongs.

I have also seen a tacoma push-in fog light switch that looks pretty sweet, but cannot confirm that this will fit in the Kluger blank next to the dimmer switch. See below:

gallery3-3.jpg

I am also interested to get a pic of the 79 Series Landcruiser switch that I have been told about. Have not been able to access an image despite having heard that it will fit in the Kluger...

Cheers.

Gerds, do you have a part number for the switch in the post you left or can you advise where I can get one and how much??

cheers

Dazz,

See link below to Aust supplier:

http://www.newpro-tech.com.au/gallery3.htm

I have contacted them and they are unsure whether this will fit into the blank for the Kluger??

I am also unclear whether Gerds has the switch that came with the fog light kit that looks like this tacoma switch, or whether he has the tacoma switch, Gerds please confirm..

Ebay fog light kit with switch:

TC06S-3300-CA-1-marked.jpg

vs tacoma switch:

gallery3-3.jpg

Cheers.

Edited by KXRuising

guys buy the fogs from ebay.au and get your colour coded bezels from toyota. Will try to take photo of switch which slots straight in spare slot. I got it installed pro so cant comment on wiring. Still cheaper than getting toyota to do it.

guys buy the fogs from ebay.au and get your colour coded bezels from toyota. Will try to take photo of switch which slots straight in spare slot. I got it installed pro so cant comment on wiring. Still cheaper than getting toyota to do it.

Hi Gerds,

I think we are all up to speed with buying fogs from ebay and bezels from Toyota, I am merely trying to determine whether you have used the TACOMA switch or the switch that came with the kit.

Cheers.

didnt know of this tacoma switch before the install. looks a little better than the ones that come with kit. The kit one is a bit glossy black. How much is this tacoma switch? If cheap go ahead and buy.

didnt know of this tacoma switch before the install. looks a little better than the ones that come with kit. The kit one is a bit glossy black. How much is this tacoma switch? If cheap go ahead and buy.

Thanks Gerds,

Tacoma switch is available from newprotech Aust for $39.95.

Dazz, let me know if you decide to go ahead with the Tacoma switch and whether it fits.

Thanks.

• 7 months later...