Fog Light install

Scott_C

DHOUS,

Your mention of your old R16TS, has brought back many fond memories of the best car I ever owned...(Although my Kluger comes in as equally good.

Those driving lights, the ear piercing dual horns, the most comfy seats and bright map reading lights etc have never been repeated in modern cars that I have driven.

Before I bought the Kluger I went to look at the Renault Scenic thinking it might be a modern day version of the R16TS, but what a disappointment it was.

Thanks again for the nostalgia.

Thanks Scott

you are right I was thinking driving lights not Fog lights, my old R16TS had driving lights with aux switch in the high beam circuit, obviously you wouldnt have this for fog.

I do not believe it will be difficult to do this wiring outside the steering wheel and should be accessable under the bonnet or in vicinity of the relays, I will investigate after I see the wiring diagram.

Cheers

Don

• 2 months later...

Hi all, here's some progress pics of the fog lights Im installing on my KXR;

Im half way through the install, I can confirm the Camry Fog Lights fit.

Before with old bezel:

DSC00575.jpg

The replacement fog light bezel (colour coded) and the 07 Camry Fog light:

DSC00584.jpg

End result:

DSC00585.jpg

I still have to do the other side and put this switch assembly in. Note how this switch assemble has the dial for the fog lights:

%7Boption%7Dhttp://sca-soundstudios.com/kluger/DSC00588.jpg[/img

Unfortunately, its a "steering wheel off" jo

Hi

I bought fog light kit from eBay. It got a switch instead of indicator stick, is it fine to use switch fog lights then the indicator stick

Thanks

Hi

I

But so far, its been dead easy, the light fits perfectly, the factory wiring is already there. the fog light fuse is even in the box too.

Just for some background; the lights are Camry 2007 Fog lights. They fit the Kluger perfectly, holes line up etc. I bought them off an Ebay seller. As mentioned, the wiring for the fogs is already in the vehicle, I just had to break a bit of tape where the wiring was bound up. Connector (H11) plugged straight into the back of the fog.

The fog light bezels can be bought from a Toyota dealer for around $65. The switch assembly (or plain old indicator stick as I call it) is around $215

DHOUS,

Your mention of your old R16TS, has brought back many fond memories of the best car I ever owned...(Although my Kluger comes in as equally good.

Those driving lights, the ear piercing dual horns, the most comfy seats and bright map reading lights etc have never been repeated in modern cars that I have driven.

Before I bought the Kluger I went to look at the Renault Scenic thinking it might be a modern day version of the R16TS, but what a disappointment it was.

Thanks again for the nostalgia.

Thanks Scott

you are right I was thinking driving lights not Fog lights, my old R16TS had driving lights with aux switch in the high beam circuit, obviously you wouldnt have this for fog.

I do not believe it will be difficult to do this wiring outside the steering wheel and should be accessable under the bonnet or in vicinity of the relays, I will investigate after I see the wiring diagram.

Cheers

Don

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I am about to take delivery of a KX-R Kluger and will be installing foggies, could somebody please send me wiring diagram/photos. I will be replacing the indicator stalk - does anybody know if the "Auto" setting works if the Grande stalk is installed or are further components required?

Cheers

Simon.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

hi nokia6670

the wires i spoke off are the ones that i used connected together using a switch and they work fine, so i can only speak from my experience of installing the fog lights (2008

Hi Ash

I want to install my light using the factory harness too and tap a switch in at the steering column, Can you send me the wiring diagram too please. I have the 2008 model too.

• 2 weeks later...

Mayhewga

just read your blog, I dont log in that much these days, R16TS was also the best car I ever had, good luck with the Kluger

Cheers

DHOUS

What is it about Klugers and 16TSs? I had a 16TL as my first car, 16TS a few cars later, followed by a 18GTS wagon and a 20TS. About the only car I've had that could hold a candle to the 16s was a Peugeot 504Ti I had around the same time. The 20 came close, mind. Looks like Regie is back on track at last, though. New Clios look nice.

• 7 years later...
On 9/12/2013 at 10:50 PM, salimuzzaman said:

Can anyone refer me a good qualified electrecian who can install fog lights (will get from ebay) at my Kluger KXR 2012 here in Melbourne west?

Hey mate, were you successful with your installation? I am looking to do mine.

4 hours ago, Jailbird2122 said:

Hey mate, were you successful with your installation? I am looking to do mine.

I suspect these people are long gone. May be worthwhile starting a new thread my friend. Make it your own and chronicle the procedure from start to finish so there's value and substance to it.