Toyota Landcruiser Brake controller

sinair

Hi,

Just wanted to know where the connection for the brake controller is on the Toyota Sahara LC200. I understand that a complete wiring from front to the towbar is not necessary. My intention is just to install the wiring to this connector so I can switch the brake controller from my other car.

Also, would like to hear from fellow owners on placement of the brake controller (I currently have a Tekonsha Prodigy in my other vehicle) as the profile of the dashboard makes it very difficult to install the prodigy which requires a max 70 degree handle

Thanks

Sinair

Hi,

Just wanted to know where the connection for the brake controller is on the Toyota Sahara LC200. I understand that a complete wiring from front to the towbar is not necessary. My intention is just to install the wiring to this connector so I can switch the brake controller from my other car.

Also, would like to hear from fellow owners on placement of the brake controller (I currently have a Tekonsha Prodigy in my other vehicle) as the profile of the dashboard makes it very difficult to install the prodigy which requires a max 70 degree handle

Thanks

Sinair

Hi Sinair

I have fitted a Prodigy myself to my 200 and fitted the contoller above my left hand knee on the sloping under dash cover to the left of the steering wheel. I had to wire the contoller the whole way through from the battery to the trailer pin and am not aware of an existing coupling.

There is an existing trailer wiring harness that finishes behind the second row of seats and is where you join onto with the genuine wiring harness to go to a rear plug for a trailer or caravan. Shame they don't run it right through in the first place but then they could not value add to the vehicle.

If you can't do it yourself a competent auto electrician will be able to do it.

Maybe your dealer can arrange to have it done when you have the trailer wiring harness installed.

Regards Tony