your best 0-100 time.

black turkey

hey guys does anyone know what the official 0-100 time is for the st184 celica? i was trying today to see what i could get and best i can do is 10.3 seconds. thats without taking 1st or second right through, i changed at about 5k rpm instead of 6.3k. so what have you guys got? i thought it would be a fair bit better than 10 sec but im not the best driver so i dunno.

A quick shop around for some after market parts will cut that nasty 10 sec's down. I have a 162 that will put most cars to shame at the lights. One of the big things i had to work on was the tyres and shocks. Hold the car to the road better and you get less wheel spin = quicker of the mark. Then some new valve springs and a large turbo properly tuned and no more problems :whistling:

A quick shop around for some after market parts will cut that nasty 10 sec's down. I have a 162 that will put most cars to shame at the lights. One of the big things i had to work on was the tyres and shocks. Hold the car to the road better and you get less wheel spin = quicker of the mark. Then some new valve springs and a large turbo properly tuned and no more problems :whistling:

The 3SGE in the ST162 (unless you have an ST model instead of the SX) is a completely different animal to the Camry-spec 5SFE in the ST184 and ST204. Even though they're both S-series, the 3SGE has much better heads, revs better, more power etc, and plenty of aftermarket support. The 5S is an economy motor, long-stroke to make more torque but rev worse.

its a pity toyota ditched the 3sge in australia and gave us (and usa) the ****ty 5sfe. i really do hate this motor hey.

I use to own a celica with the 5S-FE motor....

Absolute piece of crap. Only thing it was good for was burning rubber and thats pretty much it.

Took 10 years to reach redline and kept on needing oil changes...

Most likely because of the way I was driving it.

Anywho I have a friend who is putting a 3S-GE into a ST182 Celica and that should be interesting once its finished....

yeah man, i absolutely thrash the **** out of mine, i stopped caring about the motor a long time ago, still love the car tho, when i finally break this motor (hence why its getting raped all day) im going 3sge way, let me know how your mate goes im hoping its as hassle free as everyone says.. what u mean by 10 years to reach redline?

Edited by black turkey

yeah man, i absolutely thrash the **** out of mine, i stopped caring about the motor a long time ago, still love the car tho, when i finally break this motor (hence why its getting raped all day) im going 3sge way, let me know how your mate goes im hoping its as hassle free as everyone says.. what u meant by 10 tears to reach redline?

well first gear was ok... second gear it took a while to reach the redline... third gear it took forever to reach redline.....

4th gear.... i never reached redline coz it wudnt rev past 4k lol....

ohhhh i see now. yeah theres no power after 5k in second or third or any gear, i've seen the rev limiter in 2nd a lot lately tho, mainly when merging on to highway traffic... my little brother loves it lol

Wow no power after 5k? That must suck. I hit 4k and the rpms just bounce right up to 7k. Normally with abit of wheel spin too. And it keeps going right on up to 4th. 5th gear is a little more sane though. but by the tme you reach that your doing better than 180 if you have kept your revs high... Damn i love the 3sge :toast:

ohhhh i see now. yeah theres no power after 5k in second or third or any gear, i've seen the rev limiter in 2nd a lot lately tho, mainly when merging on to highway traffic... my little brother loves it lol

Wow no power after 5k? That must suck. I hit 4k and the rpms just bounce right up to 7k. Normally with abit of wheel spin too. And it keeps going right on up to 4th. 5th gear is a little more sane though. but by the tme you reach that your doing better than 180 if you have kept your revs high... Damn i love the 3sge :toast:

we are talking about the 5s-fe....

3s-ge is a different story lol...

yeah man, i absolutely thrash the **** out of mine, i stopped caring about the motor a long time ago, still love the car tho, when i finally break this motor (hence why its getting raped all day) im going 3sge way, let me know how your mate goes im hoping its as hassle free as everyone says.. what u mean by 10 years to reach redline?

= ROFL

Haha I had the same attitude in my Paseo - if the crappy 5E-FE blows up its 4EFTE time.

= ROFL

Haha I had the same attitude in my Paseo - if the crappy 5E-FE blows up its 4EFTE time.

lol, one thing i never understood with my old celica, it came standard with a sports strut brace, but had a very slow motor in it...

what was toyota thinking lol

yeah i reckon these things handle fairly well and are pretty good in most other aspects until you get to performance, i guess the torgue isnt too bad on these in 2nd gear at around 50 but you only get to feel it for about a second until your off our powerband at 70km/h lol. another good note is that even if your belting the crap out of it you still get pretty darn good fuel economy.

yeah i reckon these things handle fairly well and are pretty good in most other aspects until you get to performance, i guess the torgue isnt too bad on these in 2nd gear at around 50 but you only get to feel it for about a second until your off our powerband at 70km/h lol. another good note is that even if your belting the crap out of it you still get pretty darn good fuel economy.

yep also have to agree there.

also a thing i use to love about the celica's... they have a nice cosy interior for winter and felt really homey....

and also when u drive them and ur on the E line for the fuel for empty, you can actualy drive another 50-80 k's under the line and not run out of fuel hahahaha :yahoo:

also a thing i use to love about the celica's... they have a nice cosy interior for winter and felt really homey....

and also when u drive them and ur on the E line for the fuel for empty, you can actualy drive another 50-80 k's under the line and not run out of fuel hahahaha :yahoo:

so dont push it with the sss. im not coming again with the jerry can.

so dont push it with the sss. im not coming again with the jerry can.

:help:

haha yer 5sfe is a pretty ****ty motor

quite good fuel economy

but my one does go pretty well?

can beat commodores and im sure it will get to 100 in under 10 seconds

ill test it out soon =]]]

iv raced other celicas with 5sfe and kills em

its even beat a t18 with a 4age =]]