powdercoating/painting rims

Jay.

I'm getting my rims painted for $250 for the whole set (4)...

I'll let you know how it looks when i get it back on friday.

the bloke's lives in canning vale and usually he would have replacement rims/alloys for you whilst he gets it done so you wont be left stranded and taking the merc to work (bus).

the bloke's lives in canning vale and usually he would have replacement rims/alloys for you whilst he gets it done so you wont be left stranded and taking the merc to work (bus).

yeah that would be awesome.. dont forget to take a few photos when u get them back..

yeah that would be awesome.. dont forget to take a few photos when u get them back..

that aint a problem but dont blow a hooha if its not on a toyota but will still be a japanese maker

$250! Thats damn good!

I'd like to see the results aswell.

that aint a problem but dont blow a hooha if its not on a toyota but will still be a japanese maker

thats cool... as long as its not a honda <_<

i did a home job and it chips away pretty easy :( and cost me all up about $80 for primer, undercoat, colour and clear.

i'm thinking about getting them powdercoated by pro's, if its only $250.

i'm getting tyres fitted tomorrow, not looking forward to seeing how much paint falls off when they fit the new tyres <_<

i did a home job and it chips away pretty easy :( and cost me all up about $80 for primer, undercoat, colour and clear.

i'm getting tyres fitted tomorrow, not looking forward to seeing how much paint falls off when they fit the new tyres <_<

are u using the wrong primer?i use etch primer on my rims..and no signs of chips watsoever :D

are u using the wrong primer?i use etch primer on my rims..and no signs of chips watsoever :D

i used all septone products, the primer i used was a primer/spray putty cause the guy i got the rims from had gutter rashes and rock chips, so i need to fill them up.

not a good idea??

i used all septone products, the primer i used was a primer/spray putty cause the guy i got the rims from had gutter rashes and rock chips, so i need to fill them up.

not a good idea??

should use the etch primer cause it sticks to the painted surface better. After that spray the putty primer over to cover the rashes and rock chips. How long has your DIy spray job held on your rims Greddy_ES?

that would be great bozu, thanks

My humblest apologies lads for delaying the Business in Kelmscott,Apparently they were charging 150 a rim includes conditioning the rims from rash & powdercoating.. :blink: that would be 600 for all four ...well thats one of my contacts i won't be goin back to..

here it is fellas

all this for $250

man thats nicely done ey :)

sounds like thats the place to go!

nice wheels btw bro!!

That was $250!!!! Man, that is a good job! Do you mind if i get the guy's details from you?! :D

that would be great bozu, thanks

My humblest apologies lads for delaying the Business in Kelmscott,Apparently they were charging 150 a rim includes conditioning the rims from rash & powdercoating.. :blink: that would be 600 for all four ...well thats one of my contacts i won't be goin back to..

no worries bozu, thanks anyway

yeh i might go to that guy the YOPI went to, depends if my sister still wants her new rims powdercoated :)

The guys name is Rod Willis 0417-175-385

He's got a workshop in Welshpool but prefer pick up & drop off @ his place in CanningVale usually after 5pm as this is just a hobby of his.

Trust me go to his place in canningvale, you'll see something interesting in the garage.

The guys name is Rod Willis 0417-175-385

He's got a workshop in Welshpool but prefer pick up & drop off @ his place in CanningVale usually after 5pm as this is just a hobby of his.

Trust me go to his place in canningvale, you'll see something interesting in the garage.

I dare say his going to have afew people call wanting to get some work done!

Thanks mate!

not a good idea??

should use the etch primer cause it sticks to the painted surface better. After that spray the putty primer over to cover the rashes and rock chips. How long has your DIy spray job held on your rims Greddy_ES?

approaching 1yr and still looking good :)

will_rolla, i first used some random primer from supercheap then the paint just comes out with as easy as peeling it off with ur finger nails in some bits so i decided to respray it..

got the following

1. 1x etch primer

2. 2x spray can of ur choice

Cost me abit less then 40 + few dollars for sandpaper

The etch primer really works a treat as they stick very well! and till now everything still looking good but one thing thou, i didnt not clear coat it, it didnt bother me that the rim doesnt look as shiny but at least touchup will be easier in the long run :P

Edit: oh its all thanks to adrian for his advice ;)

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys

i've sprayed my VOLK racing wheels before and if you do it right, they turn out really well. Just don't use high performance wheel cleaners as they'll eat through clear coat/paint/primer.

I just finished painting my Tom's Racing wheels yesterday and had tyres fitted today. Will get pictures as soon as i can