DVD player with 7" Screen Installed.

DKzr6

How is the feel of this unit overall when using?

do they buttons feel up to OEM standard?

seems almost to good to be true lol

from reading the comments and issues like the seek button or correct software used, it isnt that "too good to be true"..

but for that price, and someone getting around $899, it is worth it.. wat u pay is wat u get.. IMO

Its a pretty good unit. I'll second (or third, fourth etc) most of the observations from the others who have posted. Aside from a couple of minor issues the unit functions perfectly. It feels solid and is definitely looks like part of the car. Most of my mates have assumed it was factory fitted.

Where it does fall down on though is documentation - if you're not sure what you're doing your best off getting it installed professionally, and a glossary for some of the more obscure acronyms would have helped too.

Otherwise it "feels" pretty damn awesome! Definitely worth what I've paid for it.

bok

Sounds good :) I think i'll go for it, for the price i wouldnt be too bothered if it wasnt what i expect

Steering wheel button perfect function doesnt really bother me!

had the buttons on my last car all of about a month before going to an aftermarket unit

Buttons that work at all is a gain for me :)

One more thing,

does anyone have a photo of the antennas etc required for this unit when there installed?

Does it look clean?

Thanks

Sounds good :) I think i'll go for it, for the price i wouldnt be too bothered if it wasnt what i expect

Steering wheel button perfect function doesnt really bother me!

had the buttons on my last car all of about a month before going to an aftermarket unit

Buttons that work at all is a gain for me :)

One more thing,

does anyone have a photo of the antennas etc required for this unit when there installed?

Does it look clean?

Thanks

I never installed the TV Antenna but i did install the GPS Antenna inside the dash board on top of one of the centre vents (another member suggested this). It works flawlessly and is totally out of sight.

Whilst the steering wheel controls work it is annoying having them work in reverse. It is documented that the ACC is fully compatible with the steering wheel controls however this is not quite correct. I am sure they will get this small but annoying problem resolved soon.

Depending on how you look at it, i don't think the seek buttons on the wheel are wrong.

If you use an ipod, and you want to skip to the next song you click on down, so you do the same with the steering wheel buttons on the Auspack Unit.

Normally with music - cd or ipod, you read "down" the list. It seems logical that you would press down to go "down" the list of music.

Up to go back.

Likewise with the radio - you start at the top of the screen with the presets, and then scroll down the list, using the down arrow.

Seems logical to me.

Depending on how you look at it, i don't think the seek buttons on the wheel are wrong.

If you use an ipod, and you want to skip to the next song you click on down, so you do the same with the steering wheel buttons on the Auspack Unit.

Normally with music - cd or ipod, you read "down" the list. It seems logical that you would press down to go "down" the list of music.

Up to go back.

Likewise with the radio - you start at the top of the screen with the presets, and then scroll down the list, using the down arrow.

Seems logical to me.

Like you said it all comes down to the way you look at it. For the majority of people however, I reckon having it like that in relation to the positioning on the steering wheel can be a bit of a nuisance. The main convention of things is to go from left to right. That's why sentences run from left to right, and things such as fast forward point to the right. Just from feeling the two buttons on the steering wheel, you would expect the one on the right would be 'next', just like the volume up is on the right as well.

Each to their own though. In the meantime, if fixing this problem is not going to happen for a while, users will just need to get used to it for the time being, which may include using such logic as you have mentioned.

Up to go back.

Seems logical to me.

Actually to skip to the next song on my iPod I use the >>| button, on the right hand side of the touch wheel :-)

Can anyone else confirm whether their steering wheel skip controls work the same way? If they all work this way then so be it, I'm already used to it and it doesn't bother me. If our units are backwards though compared to everyone else then I would like it fixed if possible. :D

bok

One more thing,

Does it look clean?

Thanks

I never installed the TV Antenna but i did install the GPS Antenna inside the dash board on top of one of the centre vents (another member suggested this). It works flawlessly and is totally out of sight.

I've installed the TV Antenna but don't anticipate ever actually using it. Its there though if I ever get stuck somewhere (ie, the wife keeps me waiting somewhere) and want to use it.

I ran all three (TV, GPS, Reversing Camera) to the back parcel shelf down the left as per DKzr6's post here. I have photos of the whole process; I'm putting together a step-by-step for those thinking about doing it themselves.

bok

:) a step by step guide would be great, sounds like its a pretty easy install

hard to many previous cars with too many wires lol

just after something clean, simple and oem looking

sounds like the perfect solution :)

i think someone needs to find the wiring diagram...

then youse can switch the wires around.

Unfortunately it is not as easy as just swapping wires around. I had some spare time today so I pulled the controls out from my steering wheel, and just as I was expecting, it appears the buttons form part of a digital communication bus. It appears to work by modifying the dynamic resistance in a circuit formed over just two wires. The only way around it is to analyse the changes in the resistance and to swap some of those resistors around on the board to suit. It definitely is possible and I would most likely be able to do it myself if I had a need to, but for the everyday person, I wouldn't classify it as easy.

Just click to enlarge:

th.f7c62e6365.jpg

and while I was at it, I took a picture of the 'display' side as well (note that I don't have the other features shown on the board).

th.dbf97c18c0.jpg

i think someone needs to find the wiring diagram...

then youse can switch the wires around.

Unfortunately it is not as easy as just swapping wires around. I had some spare time today so I pulled the controls out from my steering wheel, and just as I was expecting, it appears the buttons form part of a digital communication bus. It appears to work by modifying the dynamic resistance in a circuit formed over just two wires. The only way around it is to analyse the changes in the resistance and to swap some of those resistors around on the board to suit. It definitely is possible and I would most likely be able to do it myself if I had a need to, but for the everyday person, I wouldn't classify it as easy.

Just click to enlarge:

th.f7c62e6365.jpg

and while I was at it, I took a picture of the 'display' side as well (note that I don't have the other features shown on the board).

th.dbf97c18c0.jpg

woah ardcore.

i was thinking more the otherside (at the deck).

where does the bus stop (i mean whats at the other side of the bus)?

"where does the bus stop (i mean whats at the other side of the bus)?"

- Even more confusion. The wiring from the steering wheel connects to something along the way (I'm predicting the dash cluster because of the display button and the importance of the speed sensor to provide volume adjustment to the head unit), which I couldn't follow it to because I wasn't going to rip my dash apart again. I can tell you however that it ends up at the stereo as just 4 wires, shown in the photo below. If you were to swap any wires here, I am more than sure that either the buttons will not respond, or something is going to break. When you have so few wires, to so many buttons, it's not just a simple wire swap anymore. Welcome to the digital age.

That's why I only focussed my attention to the steering wheel side. For a situation like this, if you wanted to make any adjustments, this is where it's all going to happen.

Click to enlarge:

th.464cefaa2f.jpg

Edited by DJKOR

There are no wires to swap! The bus works by varying resistance on each function. For example you press the Vol+ button, this puts 2k2 on the bus, you press Vol- and this puts 1.8k on the bus (examples only). The only way to fix this (as writeen above in an earlier post) is to locate and switch the SMD resistors on the Seek+ and Seek- buttons.

Of course this is not going to be practical for most so i would trust Auspack to come up with a solution from the chinese manufacturer. It should operate the same way as the OEM unit did irrespective of any logic.

Edit - The speedo is interfaced with the stereo for the ASM function to operate in the OEM head unit.

Hi Guys: does anyone know how to run TomTom in that unit? i do have a TomTom satnav with current Oz maps on its SD card and i was wondering how to use that map in that unit, before i decide to buy one soon :)

any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Argie

Hi Guys: does anyone know how to run TomTom in that unit? i do have a TomTom satnav with current Oz maps on its SD card and i was wondering how to use that map in that unit, before i decide to buy one soon :)

cheers

Argie

Tom Tom can't be run on these units as it requires Windows CE 5.0. The head unit runs Windows CE 4.2 i am led to beleive. That said i think IGO8 looks better then Tom Tom and runs on the head units but each to their own.

cheers

Argie

Tom Tom can't be run on these units as it requires Windows CE 5.0. The head unit runs Windows CE 4.2 i am led to beleive. That said i think IGO8 looks better then Tom Tom and runs on the head units but each to their own.

My unit runs on Windows CE 5.0 as it is an updated model. I tried to run Tom Tom but didn't seem to be 100% compatible. I didn't care in the end because Igo is so much better than any of the other GPS programs out there.

thanks guys, i got the message loud and clear ;) i can get the Oz map for IG08 from a friend of mine. it the link few threads above the one do download the program itself?

i think you just did it Sanz right? do you just install the program in the same SD card where you install the map?

excuse my ignorance..

cheers

thanks guys, i got the message loud and clear ;) i can get the Oz map for IG08 from a friend of mine. it the link few threads above the one do download the program itself?

i think you just did it Sanz right? do you just install the program in the same SD card where you install the map?

excuse my ignorance..

cheers

Yes. You install Igo and map on the same SD card provided with the unit.