Performance chip mods

Basically just a resistor, save your money :)

As with everything in cars: the better, proper, piggyback ECU will cost you more but give you some real gains. These modules are pretty much useless.

As with everything in cars: the better, proper, piggyback ECU will cost you more but give you some real gains. These modules are pretty much useless.

Thanks Seano. Its not that I really need power gains but if it was as good as it advertised at that price it may have been worthwhile.

Thanks Seano. Its not that I really need power gains but if it was as good as it advertised at that price it may have been worthwhile.

Well if you want give it a shot, 40 bucks isn't too exepnsive ad if you get some performance/mileage gains from it consider it a bonus.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
I've just seen these chip mods on ebay US: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-...p3756.m20.l1116

Does anyone know if they work. Will they reduce engine life or generally root my engine :angry:

these dont suit modern intelligent ECU's like those found in Our Corollas. I note you are dribving a kluger, but i assume they have the same "Learning" function built in them.

basically... the Engine Chip just tricks the engine into thinking the air temp is lower... so it alter the AFR. then when the ECU reads the O2 sensor... soon enough it figures its running rich.. and trims the fuel out again.

spend your money on an Emanage Ultimate or something along that nature. will be costly.. but well worth it in my opinion.