Sportivo Dashmat - Genuine Accessory

Azza

Hey

Who has a Genuine Toyota Dashmat for their Sportivo...???

I bought one today and couldn't believe it when the dude at Toyota told me that I needed to DRILL a hole in the side of my dash for the plug to hold the thing on....

Has anybody done this and experienced issues????

Cheers

Azz

Thats what I thought at first sport1vo, but it does specify that it is for a ZZE122 Corolla With Passenger Airbag and also is missing the bit of the mat where the airbag should be....

The clips and holes I am talking about are actually on the vertical side of the dash (the bit you cant see when the door is closed). They provided plugs for it to hold the dashmat to the hole when completed...

THink I might throw a bit of velcro on it down there just to stop the bits flappin around (when I open the doors) or maybe staplegun (overkill??)

the model number for sportivo is actually ZZE123.......(ZZE122) - are the levin, ascent n conquest models

As the actual body/chassis of the vehicle is based on the ZZE122 Corolla, all accessories suchas dashmats, floor mats, bonnet & headlight covers etc are itemised and sold as ZZE122 parts, and not the ZZE123 of the Sportivo.

The coding for the vehicle is based on the actual model of the vehicle and the running gear it is partnered with, and not the chassis/body....

Our dashmat was fitted by the dealer before delivery, its attached with the windscreen vent clips, the push clips on the vertical ends of the dash and some velcro spots across the front.

I just tried to pop off one of the side clips, but it was pretty stubborn ... it looks like its actually screwed into the side, so maybe the drill idea is correct.

Maybe just try with the vent clips and see how it goes, you might find it stays happily. If it still moves around, then maybe try the drill.

Philosophical question ... do our Rolla's fear The Drill in the workshop like we fear The Drill at the dentist ... ? :unsure:

Philosophical question ... do our Rolla's fear The Drill in the workshop like we fear The Drill at the dentist ... ?  :unsure:

Philosophical Response ... only if you listen to it....

Edited by afyfe

You can't have anything on the airbag in the dash - dash mat, those stupid toys on springs that some Asians love to put on the dash. It is illegal to do so as it can affect the operation of the airbag. EG airbag goes off and toys smash windscreen and airbag doesn't shoot back at the passenger but in stead goes through the windscreen and you hit the dash with your noggen. Or you are hit with whatever is on the airbag in the face. OUCH. That's why there is no dash mat covering the airbag.

You can't have anything on the airbag in the dash - dash mat, those stupid toys on springs that some Asians love to put on the dash. It is illegal to do so as it can affect the operation of the airbag. EG airbag goes off and toys smash windscreen and airbag doesn't shoot back at the passenger but in stead goes through the windscreen and you hit the dash with your noggen.  Or you are hit with whatever is on the airbag in the face. OUCH. That's why there is no dash mat covering the airbag.

OUCH

The airbag section is clear Silvabullit, it is the vertical side of the dash beside the airbag that I am talking about, and drivers side too...