HOWTO: install parking sensors

JIN

Hi all.

I would like to share how I installed parking sensors on 2005 & 2006 camrys which are my parents cars.

Click the link below.

Parking sensor installation

I hope it helps if you have a plan to install parking sensor on your camry.

EDIT: All installation info moved to workshop section.

post-7702-1212207563_thumb.jpg

Edited by JIN

• 9 months later...

does it have to be 45~60cm high from the ground? can it be lower? if not how come? im thinking about chuck some in gfs car, and its fact girls are :/ drivers. hahaha

does it have to be 45~60cm high from the ground? can it be lower? if not how come? im thinking about chuck some in gfs car, and its fact girls are :/ drivers. hahaha

It really depends on what your parking sensor instruction says.

IMO, it's because of the least clearance in it's lower height range so it doesn't necessarily detect the ground and keep beeping?

What I found is 45~60CM sounds reasonable becasue most of the cars can be included in this range unless your car is super low or super high.

• 1 year later...

:D :D

well done!!! great work!! better than what I did before

I actually didn't even take off the rear bumper...

mmmm, i can not do this kind of job myself. For afraid of the damage of my car. Sensors need to drill and then can be installed. I bought a parking sensor, a full system: consists parking sensor(with 4), control box, and rear view mirror monitor, a back up camera(on license plate frame). Drove to a car care center, and had it installed, cost me US$300 to make it installed. Uh, expensive :rolleyes: . Next time i would do a DIY to have a try, a little curious about the DIY installation of a parking sensor. That would save a lot. :clap:

Edited by Yones

If I had to choose I would go for a camera system over the parking sensors. You get 2 things with the camera system, you still get to see how far away from any object behind you, and also be able to see small objects on the ground such as childrens toys or the child themselves. The amount of accidents involving kids being reversed over, especially at home is on the increase.

If I had to choose I would go for a camera system over the parking sensors. You get 2 things with the camera system, you still get to see how far away from any object behind you, and also be able to see small objects on the ground such as childrens toys or the child themselves. The amount of accidents involving kids being reversed over, especially at home is on the increase.

I am considering front and rear parking sensors or rear camera. Due to my current age and physical state, I cannot venture self installation.

Can someone give me an idea of costs involved for supply and install parking sensors and/or rear camera?

I have emailed Attkinsoninstalls but not yet heard from them yet. Any other recommendations for a good and reliable installer in Canberra?

Thanks in advance.

K8Canb