CES Group buy for interested parties

SILVABULLIT

Hey silva could please give us all an update about this group buy???

An approximate cost would be greatly appreciated :D

Thanks

Levinboy

I'll have to point Silva back to this thread, but he was telling me the other day a minimum of about 5 would be needed on each item for it to be worthwhile for CES to set up the jigs and bend the pipes. The manifold I think would be an exception, but it would only help me thinks.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A minimum of 5 orders for each item will secure the group buy for that item. Packages will be done with whatever number of orders.

CES CAI is 3" with a diameter reducer near the maf to speed airflow up. Gains over TRD CAI were about 3-4KW from memory back to back on my car(TRD CAI with ITG filter). CES CAI rubber elbow is hardcore and makes TRD one look like play dough. Comes with heavier clamps too. Will fit on a facelift easier than a TRD CAI with far less trouble. the rubber elbow onmy TRD CAI was over 4 years old and still perfect. Those who break them are not installing the pipe in the correct alignment. It is a bit of an art to get it right but just requires some patience to align mounts etc etc. A lot of TRD CAI's I have seen are not using all the proper mounts. In that regard the CES one is easier to install with the mounts modified from the design of the TRD one to install easier.

The only difference in headers for 2ZZ from pre facelift to facelift is the flange that bolts up to the head has small raised section on it to block off EGR ports. aus spec cars don't have the EGR and air pumps arrangement like the US so all of our cars have the wing thing on them from memory.

Guys i will get to CES sometime this week to sort out prices etc etc. Work is hectic and i have had a weekend of little sleep due to the National Meet. Need some rest but I will get to it. Just be a little patient. I'm not going anywhere!!!!!

Just wandering, what does CES CAI has the TRD CAI doesn't? There is an increase in KWs so just makes me curious.

Larger diameter

yerh my friend once had it on his car a while back now and he started his car up next to mine on a cold day and walked out to let it warm up and it stalled infront of us lool i think tooo much air was going in or somthing like that but it was pretty funny just chocked and died lol but was fine after just sharing stories =P

It's the same pipe dude. The larger diameter wouldn't increase the airflow that much to stall it I think. Hmm. I'd say his maf sensor was a bit grubby?

errr nope. CES is slightly bigger, and yes my car wants to stall when its cold, but only when I'm on the throttle slightly and its freezing cold. Its never stopped by itself.

Just wandering, what does CES CAI has the TRD CAI doesn't? There is an increase in KWs so just makes me curious.

Larger diameter

yerh my friend once had it on his car a while back now and he started his car up next to mine on a cold day and walked out to let it warm up and it stalled infront of us lool i think tooo much air was going in or somthing like that but it was pretty funny just chocked and died lol but was fine after just sharing stories =P

It's basically the same pipe dude. The larger diameter wouldn't increase the airflow that much to stall it I think. Hmm. I'd say his maf sensor was a bit grubby?

errr nope. CES is slightly bigger, and yes my car wants to stall when its cold, but only when I'm on the throttle slightly and its freezing cold. Its never stopped by itself.

Stoopid noobzor. Yew shood lrn 2 read n look into wot people write moar proper kekekekekekekeke lulz.

Mine's never stalled either dude, and our climate here is far colder to that of Melbourne. Do you have the CES intake on there now?

edit: Yes, I'm a d!ck and I should elaborate more on what I say in the future. Mmhmm.

Edited by KptzS Heinz Fredrikkson

Stoopid noobzor. Yew shood lrn 2 read n look into wot people write moar proper kekekekekekekeke lulz.

Yeahhhhhhh, Dont understand that!!

Edited by Rolla_Boy

Hey silva could please give us all an update about this group buy???

An approximate cost would be greatly appreciated :D

Thanks

Levinboy

I'll have to point Silva back to this thread, but he was telling me the other day a minimum of about 5 would be needed on each item for it to be worthwhile for CES to set up the jigs and bend the pipes. The manifold I think would be an exception, but it would only help me thinks.

I thought that they always had stock on hand, that's what they said in the emails they sent me

Larger diameter

It's basically the same pipe dude. The larger diameter wouldn't increase the airflow that much to stall it I think. Hmm. I'd say his maf sensor was a bit grubby?

Mine's never stalled either dude, and our climate here is far colder to that of Melbourne. Do you have the CES intake on there now?

edit: Yes, I'm a d!ck and I should elaborate more on what I say in the future. Mmhmm.

what da hells going on... first of all it wasent in my car and second of all it did stall and like i said b4 it was freaking cold trust me it wasnt in the western suburbs it was in the country side area lilydale early morning but probly like u said micky it was cold only and it wanted to stall execpt this one did stall lol but yerh and rob ur lost man... o_O"

Punctuation and grammar something of a lost art these days......

Yes CES have stock but not the quantities a group buy would require. They usually have about 2 of each item in stock as it does cost money to have stock sitting there not being sold.

Larger diameter

what da hells going on... first of all it wasent in my car and second of all it did stall and like i said b4 it was freaking cold trust me it wasnt in the western suburbs it was in the country side area lilydale early morning but probly like u said micky it was cold only and it wanted to stall execpt this one did stall lol but yerh and rob ur lost man... o_O"

I was responding to Mick man. I agree with you Steve. /manlove your way

CES COLD AIR INTAKE(SPECIFY 1ZZ or 2ZZ)

browny 1ZZ (country NSW)

CES HEADERS FOR 2ZZ ONLY

kolourhero (Melb)

Technoman

Rolla_Boy (Syd)

VuT3k (Perth)

CES CATBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM(SPECIFY 1ZZ OR 2ZZ)

Insyderz - 2ZZ

Sinan - 2ZZ

Technoman - 2ZZ

Levinboy - 1ZZ (Twin tips) :D

Browny 1ZZ (country NSW)

CES PACKAGE - CAI,HEADERS & EXHAUST(SPECIFY 1ZZ OR 2ZZ)

Guni - 2ZZ (SS everything)

Just thought i would add that to my selection!!!

browny 1ZZ (country NSW)

Plus another for a 1ZZ..Had enuf of lookn around and seen some dodgey jobs out there.I'm in ..buzz me whenever you're ready B) B)

He must be busy,Im still in but I might be pulling out because im going to purchase one on my own. Just waiting on a reply from ces

Edited by Rolla_Boy

Well, just wanna comment that the true gain on exhaust requires a smooth flow throughout the system, so you realli need to get the headers too in order have that gain.

This is general thought on theory.

Also different car will get a slight different output as each car is built differently with different quality of parts. Well, I know cos I work at the car manufacturing here at engineering centre.

Each car tends to vary from different batch.

Hey guys im out, Ive already made payment

browny 1ZZ (country NSW)

CES HEADERS FOR 2ZZ ONLY

kolourhero (Melb)

Technoman

VuT3k (Perth)

CES CATBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM(SPECIFY 1ZZ OR 2ZZ)

Insyderz - 2ZZ

Sinan - 2ZZ

Technoman - 2ZZ

Levinboy - 1ZZ (Twin tips)

Browny 1ZZ (country NSW)

guys sorry for the delay have been busy with a heap of other stuff health wise atm. will be contacting CES tomorrow to find out some info for you.

thanks for being patient.

guys sorry for the delay have been busy with a heap of other stuff health wise atm. will be contacting CES tomorrow to find out some info for you.

thanks for being patient.

Thanks Silva im sure everyone appreciates everything you are doing for the benefit of TOCOA members :D

CES COLD AIR INTAKE(SPECIFY 1ZZ WITH THROTTLE CABLE OR DRIVE BY WIRE or 2ZZ)browny 1ZZ (country NSW) Is your 1ZZ drive by wire throttle set up?? Please reply here.

CES HEADERS FOR 2ZZ ONLY

kolourhero (Melb)

Technoman where are you located??

VuT3k (Perth)

CES CATBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM WITH STAINLESS FLANGES & SINGLE TIP(SPECIFY 1ZZ OR 2ZZ & TWIN TIP OPTION)

Insyderz - 2ZZ Location??

Sinan - 2ZZ Location??

Technoman - 2ZZ Location??

Levinboy - 1ZZ (Twin tips) Location??

Browny 1ZZ (country NSW)

CES PACKAGE DEAL (CAI,HEADERS,CATBACK FOR 2ZZ ONLY)

GUYS/GIRLS DISCOUNTS WILL BE ORGANISED ONLY ON ITEMS WHERE THERE IS 5 OR MORE ITEMS WANTED.