FASTER THAN R50 V10 TWIN TURBO VW TOE RAG! (AWD KX-S Kluger) 7.10 seconds 0-100kph (+ FJ Cruiser) 6.84 seconds 0-100kph V6=Don Mega!!!!

RICE RACING

0-100kph

7.18 seconds & 7.10 seconds

(shifting so car uses 6500rpm in each gear)

1/4 mile or 402.34 m

15.37 seconds @ 146.66 kph (91.13mph)

400m

15.31 seconds @ 146.39 kph (90.96 mph)

Cool numbers there RR :)

Well I left the gear on the car, and went to go deliver some stuff for a customer and I did a simple test, In Sport mode letting the ECU shift gear and simple stand on gas and she did 7.20 seconds again for 0-100kph (exactly one full second faster than Toyota's claim from my model) so its no fluke (3 separate runs in total today) :) temp was 18 deg C ....... she is a little bullet :yahoo:

So much fun to drive, now to get my economy figures back to normal levels :lol:

Forgot to mention oil and filter change took a massive 30 minutes to do taking my time :whistling: was a pleasure to do as well, the separate filter in the housing idea is great... real nice to see what the filter is removing (there were typical visible new engine particles in the filter!), so I recommend you do drop the oil on your new Kluger if you have the chance don't wait for the 10k service as per the shoddy advice in the service manual. Took exactly 5.9 liters in total with new filter

Edited by RICE RACING

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So RR, if we take the same time off the Toyota times, I may be able to get below 7 seconds in my FWD. Not very likely though, unless I can find some more grip.

Well its hard to generalize but you never know?

In summary

My first ever attempt

8.07 seconds (98 oct) traction and stability control on

8.28 seconds (bouncing off rev limiter) not knowing how to shift manual properly

next day (TC and stability control off)

7.43 seconds (98 oct)

7.45 seconds (98 oct)

two days later (oil change and 95 oct fuel)

7.10 seconds (95 oct)

7.18 seconds (put in 20 lt 98 from United servo)

7.20 seconds (in middle of day in full auto mode just standing on gas TC and stability control ON)

Now I probably put down a fair bit to the engine oil mostly, more than anything else, I pumped up the tires then reduced the pressure so that did not make a big diff, fuel chopped n changed around too, I took some under body plastics off but no real weight off car to write home about (not to explain that time gain anyway) and all weather conditions were pretty close.

Could it be the way I ran in the engine?, I'm not sure but it has excellent power and matching fuel efficiency, its much faster in quarter mile speed and time for an all wheel drive model so I am at a bit of a loss short of putting it on a 4WD dyno to see what power it has at the wheels :)

Well last bit of VBOX testing, filled car to the brim with 65.5lt of 98 Ultimate today still had testing gear hooked so on way home made a diversion and did a simple test

0-100kph *box left in drive & just stand on gas, TC on* (temp 19 deg C, 1005kpa low pressure day, altitude 25 meters, heat soaked engine after sitting in servo fueling up)

7.65 seconds.

So there it is, I did more testing than I should have but can 100% say that 7.65 is the absolute slowest she will do fully laden up, and when low on fuel 1/4 tank and in colder conditions she will put down 7.10~7.20 region for the above speed test.

Hope I have not bored you all too much :D

Edited by RICE RACING

Nice work RR I like your choice of cars too, I had rotaries for over 10 years raced and built, oh the memories! :rolleyes:

Good to see we think alike and got a Kluger :)

Yes rotaries have been my disease since my early 20's, now some 16 years later I am still into this crap lol, :help:

On my Kluger I managed to get teh VCS warning to come on the main display along with the engine warning lite and the exclamation mark ! ......... in the end it turn out to be a simple thing where I some how through using the down hill assist confused the vehicle check system and it threw this annoying warning.

The friendly local dealer ran me through the process of clearing it: Involved turning the engine on and then putting car in Park and then putting in S mode and cycling down and up through gears, then going back into Park (least I think that is what he did? or explained to me) this then clears the warning off the display and resets the check engine light.

The car is great, I did fix a few rattles that were p1ssing me off, turned out to be in steering column plastic. She is a little pearler :)

RR,

I remember Grande 4WD was claimed to be 8.9 sec 0 - 100kmh

I don't have a VBox (that was a very impressive kit, RR), but have a 5Hz GPS delivered today why not use it with racechrono (from www.racechrono.com)

That is my result

Totally stock, stock engine oil :whistling: , 15000km on the clock, 38psi, I think the traction control is off (I only press it once, is that off?) and just stand on the gas on S3.

ab348fd6.jpg

8.29 sec <_< :rolleyes:

cool, i have ordered a blue-tooth GPS receiver ($53 ebay) to use with my nokia. Will post results....

I already have Nokia 73 and GPS/logger, Downloaded the software installed will test in the forester tomorrow on the way to work!! :D Thanks

Edited by PC XT

If you press traction control once only, i have found it kicks back in. Traction is off but stability is still on. Hold it down for 5 seconds to have it both turned off completely.

OK I think I will do that again tonight! :lol:

You can see your 144.1 meters v's my 121.65 meters to reach 100kph and 7.45 seconds on that particular run listed (stock engine oil).

I vote you go change your engine oil to Mobil 1 0W-40 :) I found a .2 to .3 second gain :D over genuine Toyota oil :D

Good result BTW :D It takes a bit of self control to not test the Kluger all the time lol

klugrice14eq3.jpg

Mobil 1 0-40W. Noted. Can I get that at Autobarn you reckon?

BTW Grande is porky and have the electric tailgate, and all the electronic gadget etc. Also I have the pram and baby seats.... :lol: . I will never get close to 7 sec.

Besides engine oil, what do you reckon... full exhaust? ;)

Edited by Taka

• 2 weeks later...

Rice!

Any advance of your time?

Found the Mobil 1 0W-40. Expensive! $96 for 5L. Did you say we need 6L or something? :o

Is that worth near $120 of change every 6 month for that 0.2 sec <_<

I just for OBD scanner, I can mix both and get a better time! :spiteful: