TRD 4-2-1 Headers or CES Headers

Perfered Exhaust Manifold  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi guys,

Just want your views with who has what and which is more suited to the power range I'm looking for. So just post your experience here I guess. Obviously no bagging of the other product :P

Just want some low-mid end torque or power so which is the best to go for?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really want to see what people have to say about this topic. and also if anyone has got trd headers sitting around throw me a pm as ive been looking around for a 2nd hand set for over 6 months.

really want to see what people have to say about this topic. and also if anyone has got trd headers sitting around throw me a pm as ive been looking around for a 2nd hand set for over 6 months.

If Spotio decides to sell parts separately he has the TRD manifold on his car and it's 4-2-1

Northy had both the TRD extractors and the CES manifold. He preferred the CES manifold, but I'll let him comment on it.

Header is an American term, not Australian :)

OK OK. TRD Exhaust Manifold or CES Exhaust Manifold ??????????

To be or not to be ????

TRD ftw

Reason being ????????

I'm not for either since I don't have either. But you also need to look at the bang for buck, TRD extractors are expensive.

To throw a spanner in the works, a company called PPE in the states makes a long tube extractor for the 2zz that's meant to be the duck's nuts.

TRD ftw

Reason being ????????

I'm not for either since I don't have either. But you also need to look at the bang for buck, TRD extractors are expensive.

To throw a spanner in the works, a company called PPE in the states makes a long tube extractor for the 2zz that's meant to be the duck's nuts.

any links?

TRD ftw

Reason being ????????

What are duck's nuts?

Toyota Racing Development =]

enough said lol

honestly, that means squat to me. If not, I wouldn't have asked this ques. Practicality is the key ...............

TRD headers are meant to be used with their stroker kit hence the slightly larger primary pipe diameter. CEs ones are ported,flowed and coated stock headers. the difference between the 2 is quite noticable and as SD mentioned Northy had TRD but got rid of them over the CES as the gains were better and more noticable.

TRD may give you slight gains top end with the bigger pipes and a tiny bit low down but if it is mid range and low speed torque the CES ones are the go.

TRD headers are meant to be used with their stroker kit hence the slightly larger primary pipe diameter. CEs ones are ported,flowed and coated stock headers. the difference between the 2 is quite noticable and as SD mentioned Northy had TRD but got rid of them over the CES as the gains were better and more noticable.

TRD may give you slight gains top end with the bigger pipes and a tiny bit low down but if it is mid range and low speed torque the CES ones are the go.

I was made to believe from Honda users that 4 2 1 is the way to go with low-mid range torque. Unless their VTEC engines work differently compare to VVTL-i.

That is one of the reason why TRD came up ...........

I was made to believe from Honda users that 4 2 1 is the way to go with low-mid range torque. Unless their VTEC engines work differently compare to VVTL-i.

Guni the TRD headers are exactly the same as stock headers. Same design but with slightly larger primary pipes. Might pay to do a bit more research before you ask some questions you will get flamed for.

And yes they are 4-2-1 style headers.

Guni the TRD headers are exactly the same as stock headers. Same design but with slightly larger primary pipes. Might pay to do a bit more research before you ask some questions you will get flamed for.

And yes they are 4-2-1 style headers.

Thank you.

If my research answered my own question, there would not have been a need for this post. I was after more information and personal feedback from users of each product and would eventually then come up with my own conclusions. If others wants to get personal about question or queries that I may ask then too bad, because I will ask these questions to get the information I'm after.

Its a general question about personal experiences with a product. If I were to be flamed, so be it. I will handle it maturely.

http://firesport.ipspace.com/trd-exhaust-m...t--ad123794.htm

http://www.trdparts.jp/english/parts_engine-2zz-ge.html

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/lofiversion...php/t11052.html

These might be accurate or might not be but these are what came up in my search for the perfect exhaust manifold for me.

Like I stress again, I'm searching this for myself and not for the every Stivo drivers.

When reading that TRD dyno, keep in mind that it was done with; higher compression pistons that are also lighter, lighter flywheel, muffler and light weight flywheel. Look at the money spent for the 15kW gain. I know NA power isn't cheap, but the money spent is getting close to that of the GReddy SC kit. Break it down piece by piece and you begin to see how little power the TRD extractors make. It might be a different story with head work, stroked or running to 9000+rpm, but the ported manifold is still the best value for money.

I didn't read the rollaclub sight too thoroughly, but take it with a hand full of salt.

This link should help with your research; http://newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=204266

When reading that TRD dyno, keep in mind that it was done with; higher compression pistons that are also lighter, lighter flywheel, muffler and light weight flywheel. Look at the money spent for the 15kW gain. I know NA power isn't cheap, but the money spent is getting close to that of the GReddy SC kit. Break it down piece by piece and you begin to see how little power the TRD extractors make. It might be a different story with head work, stroked or running to 9000+rpm, but the ported manifold is still the best value for money.

I didn't read the rollaclub sight too thoroughly, but take it with a hand full of salt.

This link should help with your research; http://newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=204266

I understand where you coming from SuperDave. Excellent link. Thanks a lot for that. Appreciate it.

Super is super indeed ............

Northy had TRD but got rid of them over the CES as the gains were better and more noticable.

either way SB the sportivo powered by TRD headers & CES exhaust pulled quicker 1/4 times over the CES header and CES exhaust sportivo :P :P :P :P :P

i believe it was in the order of about 1/2 a second as well ..... TRD FTW !!!!!!!!

Northy had TRD but got rid of them over the CES as the gains were better and more noticable.

either way SB the sportivo powered by TRD headers & CES exhaust pulled quicker 1/4 times over the CES header and CES exhaust sportivo :P :P :P :P :P

i believe it was in the order of about 1/2 a second as well ..... TRD FTW !!!!!!!!

enough said people. lets close thread or can we see the 2 mods battle it out haha

CES gives noticable more low to mid range power, In saying that i didn't notice any lack of top end power between the 2.....so CES is the way to go.

PS I WIN :D so how do you want it Bill and SB :yahoo:

lmao funny thread

well guni get the CES stuff and then u can run against my stockie headers and we'll see who wins eh?? =P

Ofcourse you'll win.............. light weight azn's always win :P