racists

JJCRU23R

About 3 months ago I was walking to a training session after work. An asian guy in an Aurion was parked in a Loading Zone. A Caucasian Aussie guy in a courier van drives up and stops behind him, gets out the car and confronts the Asian dude saying something and pointing at the Loading Zone sign. As the Courier guy walked back towards his Van, he yelled out :F***ing g00k" and got into his Van. Asian guy gets out, and takes a good look at the sign and approaches the guy sitting in his van. They start saying stuff to each other and all of a sudden, the Asian guy starts going mental... screaming out all this stuff that everyone from a mile away could hear. This was right in the middle of the CBD as well so everyone (literally hundreds) just stood and watched. Asian guy gets back into his Aurion and Courier guy drives off.

What happened was the Asian guy was in the right and the Courier guy was in the wrong as Loading Zone times ends after 5pm or something like that. I was disgusted. I called up the Courier company the next day to put in a formal complaint. Got a call back in the arvo saying the Courier dude was fired and not working for them anymore.

Before this incident however, I hadn't encountered any racism or seen any for a very long time.

I reckon racism will always be around no matter what. They are generally uneducated and ignorant people. Half the time, they don't even say the racist remarks properly like calling a Chinese a g00k or a Viet a chink LOL. These sort of people get no where in life anyway so you'll at least know they're screwed later on no matter what.

Racist remarks sometimes hurt even if it isn't directed towards you, so just ignore it, don't think about it and let karma do its job :)

Ok... Hands Up If any of u were the guy in the Aurion..? Lolll

That guy in the courier van must be ****** for gettin Fired..

This is the kind of situation where Racist-er getting more racist than ever.. <_<

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These sort of people get no where in life anyway so you'll at least know they're screwed later on no matter what.

Exactly, and thats why I generally just simply laugh at people like that. Plus most of them are gutless chicken sh!ts anyway.

The racists to look out for are the ones with some power/authority, who will go out of their way to f**k you over.

But in general its pretty good here in Brisbane, most of the crap here is the random ones that yell crap out the window of a moving car, which can be easily ignored.

Thing is, I can fully understand the people who get racially abused standing up for themselves, cause the last thing they want is to let the racists think they can do and say what ever they want to them, and just take it without a fight.

If i were you, I would've follow that car and find out where he lives.

And @ Dawn, get back to the place, make an OBVIOUS scratchy and pin a fkin nail to its tyre + pee on it or the windscreen..

lololollllll

Sounds like you were the Aurion driver :P

i just had this happen to me tonite ...... i had a soccer game tonite which was to make up for my game being called off on the weekend due to the condition of the pitch .... anyway during a soccer match there is the usual argy bargy that occurs ..... so the other team scores to make it one all and this dude turns to me and say "suck on that u farken lebanese motherfarker" ...... i was like WTF ...... dude was covered in tats and had no front teeth ..... anyway i couldnt b farked stooping to his level so i simply looked up at him and said "mate dont care what u have to say get ur a.r.s.e over the other side of half way i dont wanna hear it" ....... the look on his face was classic ..... he paused for a second and sent another racial slur my way so i said "mate what is it .... dont u understand english ..... get over the other side of half way .... come on now .... be gone". Was pretty funny ...... I probably shouldnt have done it but i did ask him when are the nazi's hiring for recruits ..... yes i know pretty bad on my part but i think i put up with a lot of crap from this scenario pretty well .....

good stuff bill! hahah believe it or not ive coped a few racial comments to... ive been called a WOG!! AHAHAHAH (for anyone who doesn't know.. im viet) it all happened at work when we caught a customer stealing from the shop. the guy called me a dumb wog this... wog that... etc... it was funny as hell because all the customers looked at eachother laughing! bwhahaha (btw i did have a goatie at the time... only because it was for movember)

To be honest, I think I've tasted a lot more salt than rice in my life.

NOTE: Might be unrelated, but this thread just struck me.

When I first moved to Perth, back in year 9, life in high school was pretty peaceful (Didn't really cope well & I always get bullied back in Malaysia.). Till the end of the month, when this bully arrived @ mid year. Was from the same country as me, but boy, was he one hell of a racist person.

Then in year 10, things got worse (Yes, I'm a very sensitive & weak person.). That guy seemed to have influenced the Aussie kids in my school. Saying things like "My mother doesn't have a ******" and other things, in Malay & Chinese (Now, I wonder if they even knew what were saying to me.). They think it's funny, when it obviously wasn't.

Held my feelings inside me.... till one day in year 12. Decided to open up, and told my close ones & the teachers about what really happened (Made them mad though, as I should have told them about it earlier.).

Anyways back to the topic, while I was still staying in Murdoch, a drunk man passed by and shouted "You ******* Asian!", on the way back home (Was buying newspaper from the petrol station.). I ended up running back, as he had a bottle and was worried that he might hit me with it or throw it at me.

Last year, while going for a driving lesson with my driving instructor @ Welshpool, I was at a stop sign, waiting for the road to be safe for turning, a guy in a white Holden Rodeo pick up truck decided to be impatient (The road wasn't obviously clear, unless he wanted me to create a pile up and end up in the hospital.). So, road was clear, and I drove off, the pick up truck driver just happened to be on the lane next to me at a traffic light and shouted "Stupid Asian driver!" (Had my windows down.). Caused me to break into tears minutes later, while driving.

My apologies if I have caused this thread to go off topic.

TF

Edited by ToyotaFreak

Bill. Classic comeback. We all have our thresh holds.

ToyotaFreak. I feel for your unfortunate run of events. Things like that, as discussed cut really deep and often linger around a long time. Your post isn't off topic, I think it is mighty brave of you to share your experiences like that. It highlights the long and short term impact racism can have on a person.

Moving forward, it takes all of us as a society to dispel racism - I didn't think accepting someone for who they are was so hard, but according to that small minority, it is. This small minority also halt progress.

Edited by RME1

good stuff bill! hahah believe it or not ive coped a few racial comments to... ive been called a WOG!! AHAHAHAH (for anyone who doesn't know.. im viet) it all happened at work when we caught a customer stealing from the shop. the guy called me a dumb wog this... wog that... etc... it was funny as hell because all the customers looked at eachother laughing! bwhahaha (btw i did have a goatie at the time... only because it was for movember)

LOL That's that's worst I've heard ahahahaaaa

the pick up truck driver just happened to be on the lane next to me at a traffic light and shouted "Stupid Asian driver!" (Had my windows down.). Caused me to break into tears minutes later, while driving.

unfortunately, the "stupid Asian driver" stereotype is not going to go away any time soon. I don't want this to come off as insensitive, but it seems to me you have to grow some thicker skin. If you get upset everytime someone throws a racial slur your way, you might want to consider some sponsorship deal with a tissue paper company or something.

People are usually more than willing or quick to emphasize your differences when throwing insults. It's no good insulting someone while empahsizing similarities. It'll be like someone yelling "Stupid person driving a car!". the whole point is to emphasize that they're something you're not with a negative connotation.

I reakon us Asian dudes should start calling each other 'Nippa's' and 'Chinkies' when greeting each other . That'll take the power away from such slurs as insults.

Has anyone seen Street Kings? my fav line is:

Keanu Reeves: "You have eyes like apostrophes, you talk black, dress white and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what you are if you don't"

I love that line. If we all start making embracing our differences and making fun of ourselves, we start associating our differences with laughter rather than anger - it takes away it's power.

lmfao, on the weekends for my friends bday we went to the city and like there was i'd say 20 of us asians LOL and

this drunk aussie im guessing ?, starts yelling at us saying "you fckn chinese kients, go back to ur own country ur stealing our jobs and ****" HAHAHA

and LOL well i was like wdf? we were born in australia u d!ck

then we just walked off LOL but like he was still swearing n **** LOL cos my mates and i were swearing back haha

the end

lmfao, on the weekends for my friends bday we went to the city and like there was i'd say 20 of us asians LOL and

this drunk aussie im guessing ?, starts yelling at us saying "you fckn chinese kients, go back to ur own country ur stealing our jobs and ****" HAHAHA

and LOL well i was like wdf? we were born in australia u d!ck

then we just walked off LOL but like he was still swearing n **** LOL cos my mates and i were swearing back haha

the end

sounds like what usually happens when my friends and I decide to have a night out at Coogie beach. hehe

Next time someone tells you to go back to your country, just tell them you can't because your boats brocken down and you're working for the money to get it fixed. hahaha

Next time someone tells you to go back to your country, just tell them you can't because your boats brocken down and you're working for the money to get it fixed. hahaha

Gold! and you should finish it off asking "Got a dollar on ya??"

J_J, I applaud you on doing exactly the right thing and ignoring it.

Sure it feels like ***** sometimes but you need to remember that in most cases these people are only making noises to get your attention and to get a reaction from you.

The saddest part of all this is that it was a kid being rude... he had to learn that behaviour from somewhere

Kenneth - your response would have only created more hatred and escalated things.

i know tht for a fact but i hate racist c***... i know i prob would keep my cool if it does happen.. what ***** me off its the KIDS thats racist.. which shows that their parents hsnt done a very good job educating them..

Sure it feels like ***** sometimes but you need to remember that in most cases these people are only making noises to get your attention and to get a reaction from you.

The saddest part of all this is that it was a kid being rude... he had to learn that behaviour from somewhere

Kenneth - your response would have only created more hatred and escalated things.

i know tht for a fact but i hate racist c***... i know i prob would keep my cool if it does happen.. what ***** me off its the KIDS thats racist.. which shows that their parents hsnt done a very good job educating them..

yeh.. me and my friends got told to go back to our own country the other night in maccaz by a 15yo girl and her friend, funny thing is they said it and quickly got out of dodge, probably cause my chick friend picked up a chair and chased them

hehe

Just out of Curiosity..

Do the Asian Languages sound annoyin to Non-Asian?

Coz u know, usually racist pricks like to imitate the way Asian talks, like 'chang ching chong' which i think is dumb and retarded.

Sorry if this sounds rude, but couldnt figure out on how to say it in a better way..

yeh.. me and my friends got told to go back to our own country the other night in maccaz by a 15yo girl and her friend, funny thing is they said it and quickly got out of dodge, probably cause my chick friend picked up a chair and chased them

hehe

Hahahha ..chair hhahaha ..ahem.. :blink:

myself coming from Port hedland I got all the boat people jokes having the restraining camp just down the street from our lil eatery(how typical asian is that? :lol: )

I'm way to old to retaliate to dead heads like that young or olde,I've had my fair share of rascism from being told 'No darkies in the public pool wen i was second grade & told to leave a restaurant because i wasnt welcome (in the middle of a date mind you)

We arent gonna escape this, black or white,nor doesnt mean i'm not gonna pop tomorrow too if pushed as well,But I hope us TOCA members will not or shall not associated with racial violence,does nothing but results in more violence..let me just say I'm talkn out of experience.

& another thing...i'm proud to be asian,I save the wa govt on gas by eating rice than baking bread,I know for a fact i'm a great driver 'Fantastic driver in fact' too bad my parking is kinda sh!t, I 'could' be a boat person but I cant swim,I'm proud of my extensive 'flip flop' collection & asian shoppes have the best fizzy flavours eva... ;)

cheers people

Just out of Curiosity..

Coz u know, usually racist pricks like to imitate the way Asian talks, like 'chang ching chong' which i think is dumb and retarded.

Sorry if this sounds rude, but couldnt figure out on how to say it in a better way..

dw, if you are asian and u wanna get away from being picked on.. go watch russell peters :P the bit bout white people swearing.. :P

Just out of Curiosity..

im sure they find it some what rude

well its manners anyway not to speak a language ur fren cant understand when ure with them..

cos i do feel abit offended when im with a bunch of my frens n they speak their own language n i go like wtf :blink:

well thats just me :)

Just out of Curiosity..

dw, if you are asian and u wanna get away from being picked on.. go watch russell peters :P the bit bout white people swearing.. :P

Haha.. Was hardly a victim these days.. Asked that bcoz Even I get annoyed with some Azn languages..RoFL.

LoL @ russell. I like the Shopping in China/HK bit..

Just out of Curiosity..

yeah, coz most people aren't aware there is actually a language called "Asian" hahaha.

and 'chang ching chong' means "i just flicked your mother on the forehead with a racoon's tail" hahaha

im sure they find it some what rude

well its manners anyway not to speak a language ur fren cant understand when ure with them..

cos i do feel abit offended when im with a bunch of my frens n they speak their own language n i go like wtf :blink:

well thats just me :)

I think it's rude to speak like that too Jeremy! You dont know whether they're talking about you or not. Then you hear a laugh or giggle...............

Anyway, like what afew people have said, you just have to grow a thicker skin and brush it off. I've lived and grown up around the Thornlie area my whole life and yes i experienced a slur or two, but you learn to harden up.

These people are not worth your time or effort.