Stout Owners

TwistedStout

• 1 year later...

hello, stout owner from shepparton victoria. got two little beauties, a heavy, lifted and worked into a tipper and a light being compleyely resto'd ground up. original spec. not sure for the fire engine red or hemi orange lol. and afew old girls growing grass in the paddock as donors.

hello, stout owner from shepparton victoria. got two little beauties, a heavy, lifted and worked into a tipper and a light being compleyely resto'd ground up. original spec. not sure for the fire engine red or hemi orange lol. and afew old girls growing grass in the paddock as donors.

Photo's please..... oh and welcome :D

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi fellow Stout owners, I have a 77 Stout, and it's only done 95,500 kilometers and goes well. I love it because they're strong and built like a tank. Glad to meet you all.

post-3076-127813422983_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jack Gill

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I technically own one... Well, it's my Dad's but as you can see, it's not going anywhere...

Just needs some windscreen wipers for a roadworthy and you're on your way! :P

• Like 1

Heh, yeah- with a bit of tinkering, would probably still kick over too.

I might be wrong about it going anywhere tho. Was talking to Dad last night and he said sell it- seems my little brother has lost interest in making a little driftbeast/show'n'shine out of her :( Has the replacement 18R engine sitting there and all. Disappointed.

• 2 months later...

Hi fellow stout owners, I have a 68 101 stout with a tray back. I wish to convert it to styleside & have found a 62 toyopet stout 1900 ute tub which will go straight on. The tailgate & tail lights & lower bumpers are missing. Anyone out there know where I can locate these bits. The tail lights are triangular in shape & they go into the upright ends of the tub sides. I have the tail light bulb holders just not the lenses & surrounds. Anyone out there know what I'm talking about here?

post-21433-071746800 1288301997_thumb.jp

• 1 year later...

hey guys,

I know im bumping an old topic but..

I just bought my self an old Lite stout, Tray back and have no idea of what model or any info on it. Any one help out?

The Engine Plate says its ment to have a R2 engine in it but the engine has been swaped out for a 18L Engine out of an old datsun 180B.. with 5 speed manual.

It's not running yet but It is worth the work im going to put into it. currently running on 16Inch rims but every stout i have seen has about 13's on??

any help would be great guys.

post-27043-0-86073600-1325023775_thumb.j

post-27043-0-25976800-1325023812_thumb.j

i hope you realize that in queensland if you modify a car from factory so often a blue plate is needed and every such legal modification has a code.

one of the biggest downfalls of the stouts here is the location of the hand brake drum, as it is on the gearbox and as i understand only a gearbox of such a configuration can be used, as to move the hand brake to the rear axle there is no code and so not a legal option.

• 3 months later...

Yep, I live in QLD and have the same dilema with the handbrake on the rear of the gearbox. My Stout is a 1981 model (hilux cab) and is still in reasonable condition. It is registered and I use it regularly but it uses a lot of fuel for a 2lt engine. I have changed the diff centre for a landcruiser unit (straight swap) but it didnt improve the fuel economy much. Still about 16 mpg. I am currently investigating fitting a 3b diesel from a Dyna but may need to fit gearbox as well. I dont want to change it too much as I'm not sure how many of these vehicles came to Australia. Any clues from out there?

• 2 months later...

Yep, I live in QLD and have the same dilema with the handbrake on the rear of the gearbox. My Stout is a 1981 model (hilux cab) and is still in reasonable condition. It is registered and I use it regularly but it uses a lot of fuel for a 2lt engine. I have changed the diff centre for a landcruiser unit (straight swap) but it didnt improve the fuel economy much. Still about 16 mpg. I am currently investigating fitting a 3b diesel from a Dyna but may need to fit gearbox as well. I dont want to change it too much as I'm not sure how many of these vehicles came to Australia. Any clues from out there?

i do not know why your fuel ecconomy is so bad and if it is carby related, yet on a old dyna i had with a 5R it's ecconomy went to crap when it started to get tired (dusted on dirt roads) and lost power.

the RK110 1979-82 in australia never sold as well as it could have, nor did the cab over steer brother the toyoace. the toyoace was basically the same chassis and drivetrain yet had a diesel option 2L 2.4 and five speed gearbox.

in 1985 the toyoace name was dropped in australia and was just a light version of the dyna 2ton that still retained the L series engine for the first year or so before the larger 3B. i am not a dyna toyoace owner and do not know exact details, my dad once had an early 80's L diesel duel cab toyoace that he put a 2.8 3L in . the stouts shared the chassis with the toyoace as long as the stouts themself (1960) and the increasing market for cab oversteer eventually became the stouts demise.

myself i think a 3B is to large and have often pondered the 2.2 L diesel (legal) or a 3vz-fe/5vz-fe V6 made to fit the existing stouts gearbox (not legal QLD due to no possible disc brake upgrade)

edit

the RK110 was not alone as there was a 2200 20R version RK111 that only existed 1979-80 due to the end of production of the 20R. there was also a YK110 that was made until the 8/1993 that had a 4Y engine as the RK110 finished in 1986 with the end of production of the 5R engine.

Edited by whysmee2

New to the forum but just letting you know i'm from victoria and l own a 64 stout, just starting to restore it. great ute.

cheerz.

New to the forum but just letting you know i'm from victoria and l own a 64 stout, just starting to restore it. great ute.

cheerz.

what model 1964?

RK100, RK40 or RK41

if you are a facebook person there is a small toyota stout group on there

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I have a 1967 Stout RK 100 with tray back and a 5R engine upgrade.

I'm in the process of finding a few bits to get it back on the road and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Brake booster and master cylinder - is a rebuild kit available or do I try and fit an early cruiser master/booster unit. I currently have a single path master cylinder with a separate booster mounted in the front of the engine bay.

Radiator - has anyone had one done in Sydney?

Door rubbers - all rubbers and seals on and around doors - are they available?

Windscreen remove and replace with new seal in Sydney?

The channel the glass sits in in the doors is rusted and rubbers perished - has anyone solved this issue.

Thanks for any help and I'm sure I'll think of other things as I spend my Easter lying on my back under a Stout with a wire brush and a tin of Penetrol!

• 6 months later...

Has anyone got, or know where I can get a fuel pump or kit to repair?

Headlight surrounds. Original steering wheel. Thermostat housing.

Original Rims? mine is a RK 101 with a 5R motor and its a Stout.

So good to see other Stouts out there.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a recent photo of my 67 stout after changing it from a tray back to a tub.

I'm currently looking for a radiator for the 5r.

Does any one know of any good places to find parts and service classic Toyotas in Sydney?

Jordan.

post-32065-0-27291500-1383390450_thumb.j

• 5 months later...

Hey guys, i know im bringing up an old thread but was hoping to find some fellow Stout owners / enthusiasts, i remember being realy yound a going for a drive in a stout (not sure on model) and falling in love with them, for a while now i have been hunting to find one to rebuild and come across a barn find one fairly good nic and one not so good picked up for next to nothing (not to mention i am over the moon) :D

anyway the reason i am here is to find out if anyone still comes online here as during my rebuild i will be needing some minor information on the old girl and i was hopeing you gentleman would be able to advise me on certain ways to go about parts of my rebuild, Aswell as people to talk to about our loves,

Thanks guys, Josh

:clap:

post-35421-0-52640800-1398796790_thumb.j

post-35421-0-60790000-1398796795_thumb.j