Stout Owners

TwistedStout

• 3 months later...

Hi all I have a lite stout rk43 (I think) tabletop which I plan on restoring in the near future. I hopefully will get it back to original, or as close to as I can. Has a little rust and some panel damage but should come up alright with a bit of work.post-36956-0-87075300-1416364371_thumb.jpost-36956-0-71748400-1416364460_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

G'Day Guys,

Owner of a RK101, love the little thing. A ways to go on the rebuild, nothing a time and (a lot) of money won't fix.

Looking for somewhere good to get parts in Brisbane (darling downs through to gold coast) area?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 8 months later...

G'day

I just picked up a one owner 1977 Stout that is still registered and garaged all its life and is in immaculate condition. The missus and kids are in luv with it too so its a win.

I even have the original Rego & Insurance papers and check out the tool kit never been out of its bag along with the condition of the floor pans.

Cheers

Noz

post-38941-0-59619400-1440303830_thumb.j

post-38941-0-96019000-1440304013_thumb.j

post-38941-0-33372700-1440304122_thumb.j

post-38941-0-79784500-1440304278_thumb.j

Edited by NOZ69R
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

G'day guys, I managed to break the windscreen of my Stout heavy yesterday.

I'm based in central Victoria, anyone have any idea where I could find another one? Willing to buy one out of a wreck if you guys have any spare.

Anyone replaced one before? any tips? any idea what a windscreen is worth?

Thanks guys!

The only thing I can suggest is to keep an eye on gumtree mate. From time to time people pop up on there parting them out. I've not had to replace any windows and touch wood I don't have to.

• 1 year later...

I'm building a 1967 Toyota Stout. Already lifted the frame have a built hybrid 22r engine. Just purchased a windshield for this Beast cost me $900 from El Salvador. Currently need a window sill. And still need to clean the body up before putting back on the frame.

0e9f44acbe828775fa8833ecc7e2cb60.jpg

20160911_173346.jpg

Hi. My name's Arthur and I'm working on a 1963 toyopet stout rk 100 heavy. I would like to know if I'm the only person in Australia who owns one. It's been out of rego since 1991 and the tyres are date stamped Firestone 1982 with what I suspect are the original 38,000 miles only. I bought it as a project in  January 2015 and I'm over half way with its restoration. I'm keeping the patina on the paint and hope to take it to the lady luck festival in January 2017 here in katoomba. Arthur 0415 292 870.  Here's my number if you have info or need help getting parts. Cheers

• 2 months later...

Hi Stout Owners,

My name is Richard.  I'm new to the Stout scene.  I bought a '78 RK101 last month from country Victoria.  It is green and rather patina'd with a style-side body.

Currently deep into repairs (mechanical, electrical and body).  Literally nothing works electrically (circuits shorting to ground, hacked wiring, etc.)  Bodywise, it's got major rust in the tray (which I've cut-out) and rust in the corners of the floors, doors and fenders. 

Mechanically, I've sorted the engine, but I'm got an issue with the starter and flywheel.  Starter screeches badly when trying to engage.  About two thirds of the teeth on the flywheel are rather mangled.  Would any of you Stout owners have a spare 5R flywheel in reasonable condition?

Thanks,

Richard (0419 197 874)

Trent,

Thanks for the reply.

About 2/3 of the circumference of the flywheel has damaged ringgear teeth.  The teeth are missing a lot of material (like they've been ground down on the side facing the starter), so much that the starter can't turn the engine.  The 1/3 of teeth that are ok will engage with the starter and the engine will crank and start, but it takes a few goes to find the right spot on the flywheel.

I'm hoping someone has a 5R in pieces with a spare flywheel on offer.

But your reply has given me an idea. Perhaps I could remove the ringgear from the flywheel and flip it so the good side of the teeth face the starter.

14 hours ago, 78Stout said:

But your reply has given me an idea. Perhaps I could remove the ringgear from the flywheel and flip it so the good side of the teeth face the starter.

It's obviously not ideal, but given the age, you may not have a lot of other options.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey I'm Caitlan from nsw I'm a possible stout owner I am eventually going to be buying a 1966 Toyota stout as a restoration project  and was wondering how rare is it to find a tub and how much would it cost and where is the best place to buy parts if needed thanks guys 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there, Rhys Hartigan here, nice to meet all.

I stumbled across your forum while looking for info on my 71 Toyota  (full) Stout. Im An Australian living in the north of Japan and have recently brought the full stout pictured below. Im having a massive amount of trouble getting clear information or any help up here as they are non existent vehicles. My Stout has leaf springs on all 4 corners. And appears to be the full stout with a larger tray on the rear? It currently has the original wheels and I would really like to remove them and replace with more modern ones as the (tube) tires are mega expensive.

The issue I am having is the wheel hubs are 130mm wide and similar to that of a small truck. The original wheels seem to have a rare PCD. 6 on 170 or 6 stud with a PCD of 170the centre hub of the rear axle pokes through the centre of the wheel and measures 130mm. I've spend countless hours trying to find a wheel that would fit, an adapter that would fit or anything at all. I've had no luck what so ever.

Im wondering if anyone could help me out with any information on what other Aussies do either find wheels that will fit this truck or is there the option to change the rear and front axles/ hubs to something off another Toyota that would fit and accommodate the more common 139.7 PDC. I may be able to get parts from other trucks here if there is something that would work. 

Im no pro but ive got people working on the truck right now that are - they wont move until I feed them information on what to do. Unfortunately Japanese mechanics are not as open minded as some Aussies and wont suggest options to solve problems. Im desperate as without sorting this problem the truck is un drivable as the tires are buggered and are dangerous. Any assistance or info you could provide would be an incredible help - hell I'de even fly home and buy you a beer!

thumb_IMG_4821_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_4822_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_4823_1024.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 10.00.36 pm.png

Stout back.jpg

• 5 months later...

Hi All

I thought i would say hello from Canberra, this use to be my daily drive about 10yrs ago, though has been off the road since then.  Would love to get hold of a tub.  I think this is 1969 RK43.

mystout.jpg

• 7 months later...
On 7/3/2019 at 3:51 PM, Stoutmad said:

I got a 75 stout 2000 RK101J Heavy.. Nearly 90% restored complete with Style side tub.... NSW 

_20190428_163739.JPG

_20190428_163534.JPG

That’s a beautiful Stout Dallas!

Have you had any luck finding replacement quarter window rubbers for the doors? I’m in the process of restoring my RK101J, a long way behind yours and both the rubbers need to be replaced on the quarters. Picture of the offending quarter rubber and a photo of the old girl before I started stripping her down.

0AC12E39-A942-4CB1-A9F1-56E558C6D57D.jpeg

1070B406-E881-4070-B705-C5EC6AD1BCC7.jpeg

• 6 months later...

Gday all new to the stout scene but eager to get stuck in 

I have a 1967 Toyota lite stout with 24,946 original miles on her and in pretty good nik has been shedded all its life but used on a farm 

im about to start the resurrection of this bute ute and any info or guidance would be great im not planning on respraying it just clean up the paint and run it as a survivor 

does anyone have a workshop manual for the RK43 

Bit of info on it

1967 lite stout

2R motor

650x13 tyre

will put up some photos when I get 2 mins 

cheers mugzy

20200126_091912.jpg

20200126_091840.jpg

20200126_091859.jpg

20200126_092003.jpg

20200126_091933.jpg