[DIY] Replace your Shifter Bushings (2ZZGE 6SPD)

just thought i'd share this rather than making a new thread.

part numbers have slightly changed as well as the price... $7.50ea

how come you got 6 of them... where else are you using them

I bought some for mates too so I can do it for them haha :P

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fark me slideways $7.50... you may aswell go and buy a set of preety anodized skateboard bearings for that sort of dosh.. the bearing bloke around the corner here charges $2.50 a unit and i run them in my Reco'd Dizzy's ...

fark me slideways $7.50... you may aswell go and buy a set of preety anodized skateboard bearings for that sort of dosh.. the bearing bloke around the corner here charges $2.50 a unit and i run them in my Reco'd Dizzy's ...

thats the problem for me... its around the corner from u which is not so "around the corner" from me haha :P

thats the problem for me... its around the corner from u which is not so "around the corner" from me haha :P

Got spares? Ill buy em off you and do a group install at the meet :)

If not, then all good

If not, then all good

i can get u some before the meet, i'm not sure if i'm going there though. might pass them on to johnny

If not, then all good

i can get u some before the meet, i'm not sure if i'm going there though. might pass them on to johnny

yeah all good - ill source them somewhere this side of town as may not be able to attend. workshop submission is pretty thoroughout

• 4 weeks later...

Brought the two skf bearings and 8 washers. Didn't even bother with the rubber and nylon washers. Works fine with no vibration noise. Pretty happy with it

7.90 for them bearing though. Washers were. 10 cents.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys

Just bought some skf bearings and metal washers, but con someone tell me where to buy the nylon washers? cant seem to find the right size anywhere...

Thanks in advance

Don't bother with the nylon washers. Just get 4 rubber washers and put one on top and under the bearing. The nylon ones are useless.

what I found from.experience is u need to use at least one rubber washer from bunnings (look in the plumbing section) and 3 of the zennith metal washers. they will fit nice and tight. no need for nylon ones. nylon amentioned above just feels in the gap between the washer so it doesn't rattle at a certain rpm.

did this to my 1zz ages ago, still running pretty well... just wish that the vertical one could have been changed.

good beneficial mod for less then $10.

hey guys, I attempted to do this mod today and being the unlucky clumsy guy I am, I did exactly what I was told not to do and lost the clip somewhere in my engine bay :( Would I need to get one ordered or something from Toyota or do they sell it somewhere at the shops? I tried Autobarn and they were hopeless. Also, what happens when there's no clip on..

haha oh and by the way, this is an amazing mod for the money you pay for it! Plus I'm pretty sure it fixed my problem of not being able to shift completely into gear sometimes. One problem down, a whole list to go! :clap: