Where do u get HID???

myztik

Unless you feel like parting with more money, just get a kit off eBay. The price of aftermarket HID retrofit kits these days is insane. As I've said over at "Has anyone installed Bosch HID conversion kit?":

I've installed a set of HID's on my Aurion. It was one of those $70 (shipped) kits off eBay though, not a Bosch kit. I had an issue with installing the lamps as well. Because I was installing it with the headlights still in the car, I couldn't get a clear picture of what was happening, and spent many frustrated minutes trying to get the lamp to mount in the holder. It turned out that the plastic tabs that lock the lamp in the holder were sticking out too far to the sides so I used some snips and trimmed them. Can't complain though; for a $70 kit, they are pretty good. It doesn't bother me if the lamps don't last as long as an expensive kit. From experience though, those cheap kits are quite durable.

They are at a price where you can afford to take your chance with it in my opinion. Just make sure you connect them through a relay if possible; should the ballast go bonkers, at least it won't blow your stock wiring harness. Some time ago when I first bought a set of HID's, they were around the $300 mark and a set of Phillips Blue Vision Halogens cost around the same as HID kits these days.

A mate sells DDM Slim-line kits in all flavours of bulbs and colours. They're priced at $180 a pop and Im running them in my Corolla. Check my 'Members Ride'

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

edit: he has sold over 40 sets easily in the last 2 months

Edited by Silly-Karr

If you are located in Brisbane, i have a friend that sells HID Kits for $170 which come with 2 years warrenty and installation if needed.

Let me know if you are interested =)

stupid question, but does the trd have hid's? i dont think they do...

would your mates one work on the trd?

If you are located in Brisbane, i have a friend that sells HID Kits for $170 which come with 2 years warrenty and installation if needed.

I always thought the 3500SL would come with it...

thanks for all the info.

HID under $200 seems to be good, a nice decent price. as long as it is reliable :D

I acutally live in Perth, what would the delivery price be? Also what the aurion bulb? ie, H4, H1 etc

thanks for all your comments guys.

soo fast as well :D

I always thought the 3500SL would come with it...

i thought that they would too, but there are a LOT of things that the presara get that the trd didnt get... a bit upsetting, but nothing that i cant live without... :)

maybe i'm getting the terminology confused.. but projector lights and hid are two different things, right?

pretty sure i have projector lights, but not HIDs... anyone know for sure?

The 3500SL doesnt have HID's

just usual projector headlamps,

Kind of suprising they left them off, i guess they didnt factor in headlight washers etc when designing the front bar so they didnt put them in.

The 3500SL doesnt have HID's

just usual projector headlamps,

Kind of suprising they left them off, i guess they didnt factor in headlight washers etc when designing the front bar so they didnt put them in.

The TRD Aurion starts it life off as a Sportivo, so it only has the stuff that the Sportivo has (except for a bloody nice blower, suspension, interior, body kit).

BTW, I FINALLY BOUGHT MY TRD!!! Woohoo!! It's a red 3500S, and looks completely sex. I'm adding white lamps (not going for the whole HiD kit), GPS, DVD, rear and front cameras, new speakers and amps.

Seriously, the more I drive it the more I love it. Went up to 200km/h on some roads (not telling you where) around Brisbane and Ipswich. Exhilarating!!

There's some degree of torque steer and fishtailing but nothing I can't handle. Once I get it up to about 40km/h I open it and feel the rush as it blasts away.

:) Nice to hear your loving it,

I changed the standard bulbs over to Osram Nightbreakers, Much cheaper then philips and they gave a nice upgrade,

I have xenons in my other car and im happy enough with the bulbs so that says a bit :)

I'm adding white lamps (not going for the whole HiD kit), GPS, DVD, rear and front cameras, new speakers and amps.

:) your car sounds like it'll be the same as mine :lol:

Whiter bulbs, GPS DVD & Rear Camera Unit, PDX Amps, Type x speakers & IDMAX 12 sub :)

Otherwise the car is fine, nothing else to change i think, well yet :lol:

maybe intake and catback B)

They sure do go though, on cold nights it loves it, Left a new ss for dead :lol:

Edited by Pumped

yeah... gotta love feeling this car gives up in the top end... it just keeps wanting to go on and on and on...

i've been 230km/h on the "racetrack" in the trd and it felt so smooth... and it got there in what felt like a second...

well, looks like i'll be in the market for a HID kit after i put the intake system on... :)

thanks for all the info.

HID under $200 seems to be good, a nice decent price. as long as it is reliable :D

I acutally live in Perth, what would the delivery price be? Also what the aurion bulb? ie, H4, H1 etc

thanks for all your comments guys.

soo fast as well :D

Aurion uses H11 for lowbeams and fog lights.

So you can go for H11 for HID sets.

but you have to be careful to put the bulbs into the socket because when you put the HID bulb into the socket,

in many of HID kits, it seems like the clips on bulbs are normally plastic and they don't perfectly fit into the socket.

I have no idea of other HID sets but I have never seen HID bulbs with metal socket plug so far.

It seems like it's common problem because DJKOR and I have broken one of the pins of the HID bulbs eventho they are different HID sets.

^^ Yeah good point about the bulb fitments... I have to say but when I put in the HID's (H11 and H7) they lined up exactly and was never a hassle.

Before you put them in have a quick look at the stock base and HID base so they match up..... Much easier doing it that way instead of trying to put them in blindly.

thanks a lot for your input guys, really helpful.

@ Silly-Karr I will be contacting you some time next week regarding the HID kit if you dont mind, coz I have a few questions

that I would like to ask you myself.

cheers fellaz :D

The trd also has H11 bulbs right? if so, then yip it will work =)

^^ Yeah good point about the bulb fitments... I have to say but when I put in the HID's (H11 and H7) they lined up exactly and was never a hassle.

Before you put them in have a quick look at the stock base and HID base so they match up..... Much easier doing it that way instead of trying to put them in blindly.

The wording was a bit wrong. The HID H11 base didn't break due to bad alignment, it broke in the process of trying to trim it to fit. Long story short; being a cheap kit (mine anyways) the diameter to the edge of the three tabs on the lamp base was a fraction too large. The plastic had to be trimmed slightly so that it would fit into the assembly and since it is a form of brittle plastic, one tab just couldn't take it.

Nothing I'm too annoyed with. After all, I got what I paid for; and for $70, my kit is still going strong.

Hey the 170 bucks kit, are they China kit or Korea...?

I saw GT HID on ebay, dont know if they are good kits or not...

Yip its from china, comes with 2 years warrenty and can be installed for you if you want.

The wording was a bit wrong. The HID H11 base didn't break due to bad alignment, it broke in the process of trying to trim it to fit. Long story short; being a cheap kit (mine anyways) the diameter to the edge of the three tabs on the lamp base was a fraction too large. The plastic had to be trimmed slightly so that it would fit into the assembly and since it is a form of brittle plastic, one tab just couldn't take it.

Nothing I'm too annoyed with. After all, I got what I paid for; and for $70, my kit is still going strong.

Ahh yes I see what you mean...

@ Silly-Karr I will be contacting you some time next week regarding the HID kit if you dont mind, coz I have a few questions

that I would like to ask you myself.

No worries bud I have let him know and he said whenever, he's good to go.

Hi i've noticed that a number of the members on this forum has HID in their Aurions.

My question is where do u get them from? I've done some searching and found these on Ebay

but unsure of the quality, reliability etc

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-HID-Conversi...1QQcmdZViewItem

any comments is much appreciated.

regards

haha sup mikey!!

its david from ur fellow prevail :)