100w Bulbs

Hey all,

If I where to upgrade my headlight bulbs to 100w H4's H7's with 40A relays and ceramic bulb connectors, do you think that I might have issues with warping/melting of the plastic reflectors in the headlight assembly? I know that the polycarbonate lenses melt at 225 deg C so I am not worried about them. I guess i am just wondering if anyone else has had experience, and whether they have had issues with reflectors melting?

Cheers

N.B. I know this has been asked before but with no real answer :)

Trav, if you still have my mobile number, send me a text so I have your's (cause I have changed phones since I had your number last) and I will get you an answer on Monday.

Hey all,

If I where to upgrade my headlight bulbs to 100w H4's H7's with 40A relays and ceramic bulb connectors, do you think that I might have issues with warping/melting of the plastic reflectors in the headlight assembly? I know that the polycarbonate lenses melt at 225 deg C so I am not worried about them. I guess i am just wondering if anyone else has had experience, and whether they have had issues with reflectors melting?

Cheers

N.B. I know this has been asked before but with no real answer :)

VZV21 tried them no problems melting

But such hii intensity scatters off dust fog mist and just craps uot your night vision on country roads in other than clear air.

Too white. and too much pitching from inner spots.

I now use Blue

And light force main driving lights with 150's and kill off the outers.

But I do long hard dark county miles with roos and emus to contend with.

well i got 150W extended wattage bulbs for my facelift sportivo in H7's and so far nothing gone wrong and been around 8 months or so.

\Was that with just stock wiring?

Ok Trav, just got off the phone with John...and this is what he had to say:

Changing stock 55w bulbs to a 100w is like a 80's-90's poor mans upgrade to get better clarity out of your bulbs, and with bulb technology nowadays, you will get way better vision from a good quality 55w than you would by a simple 100w or 150w upgrade. Besides that, unless you go to the expense of altering you mounts & wiring, you are seriously risking melting them, and should that happen, bye bye insurance...

For about $30 a bulb, Philips do a 55w +80 which is a bulb about half way between your standard yellow tinge bulb and a white light, providing around 80% extra vision that a standard Narva 55w.

If you don't mind spending the money, you could spend around $100 for a set of Philips Crystal Visions which are a almost white light with fantastic vision. John installed these on his Territory and I had them on my Corolla, and we have also put them on a swag of other friends cars.....no complaint and awesome feedback.

If you want to spend extra, you could go to the Philips DIamond Vision.....

My recommendation is the Crystal Visions, I know $100 is a fair wack of cash for a couple of small glass things, but by the time you buy a set of 100w, then pay money for upgrading your wiring etc, for peice of mind and also better quality, i'd recommend the crystals...

Hope this helps...

Azza :)