2ZZGE in a AE111 BZ-R.

may i ask why? the 4age 20v blacktop is an awesome engine!

to be honest the black top takes a bit more money to mod. in order to run against a stock B18C (integra type R) and i've beaten 1 with my runx z, so i'm thinking of the conversion with a few mods to really stick it to them.

love the black top but 2ZZGE jus got it going on.

Thats fair enuff...Just wanted to see the reason behind it.

When you put it like that the AE111 being ligher then the 2zze stivo, it would make a awesome and fun car. Also would probably be a first!

• 1 year later...

-1 custom engine mount (timing case end)

-Swap brackets and mounts from AE box to ZZE box.

-Swap AE speedo sender into the ZZE box (single 10mm bolt to swap)

-Convert the 2zz rail to return style with external FPR or convert the AE111 fuel system to returnless.

-Custom headers to clear driveshaft and steering rack on firewall

-Custom spliced conversion engine loom with JDM 2zz ECU (no immobliser), or more complex wiring including an aus-spec immobiliser transponder system if you use an ADM ECU, or go aftermarket ECU (Vipec, Adaptronic, Motec etc)

-Custom AC lines

-Custom PS lines

-use 2zz throttle cable

-Custom intake

-Can mod ZZE radiator to fit or use custom lines on AE radiator

-Start with a ZZE 6-speed and you dont have to mess around with shifter linkages like you do with a celica box.

I'd personally also add a sump bash-plate.

The AE111 suspension setup is 1000 times better than the ZZE.

Edited by CHA54

• 6 months later...

-1 custom engine mount (timing case end)

-Swap brackets and mounts from AE box to ZZE box.

-Swap AE speedo sender into the ZZE box (single 10mm bolt to swap)

-Convert the 2zz rail to return style with external FPR or convert the AE111 fuel system to returnless.

-Custom headers to clear driveshaft and steering rack on firewall

-Custom spliced conversion engine loom with JDM 2zz ECU (no immobliser), or more complex wiring including an aus-spec immobiliser transponder system if you use an ADM ECU, or go aftermarket ECU (Vipec, Adaptronic, Motec etc)

-Custom AC lines

-Custom PS lines

-use 2zz throttle cable

-Custom intake

-Can mod ZZE radiator to fit or use custom lines on AE radiator

-Start with a ZZE 6-speed and you dont have to mess around with shifter linkages like you do with a celica box.

I'd personally also add a sump bash-plate.

The AE111 suspension setup is 1000 times better than the ZZE.

Sorry to bring back a thread,

But anymore info on this conversion hoping to do this conversion on a ae92 corolla,

Just wondering were you found this info ive searched everywhere and this is first of anything ive found.

My worries is the motor being taller then the 4age and not fitting under the hood, And the gearbox options?

Are the gear selectors on the rear of the gearbox for the corolla sportivo??

obviously im only starting gathering info on these motors so any info appreciated..

the 2zz engine in my shed is 40mm deeper than the 20V in my shed from the crank centerline on both engines, thats why I recommend a bash plate to be installed. The same mods are required to fit to an AE92 as are required to fit to an AE111.

2ZZ to x112 chassis has been completed in the US by Dr Tweak, a 2zz AE92 has been completed in Malaysia. In the next couple of months I'll have my 2zz AE82 done.

the 2zz engine in my shed is 40mm deeper than the 20V in my shed from the crank centerline on both engines, thats why I recommend a bash plate to be installed. The same mods are required to fit to an AE92 as are required to fit to an AE111.

2ZZ to x112 chassis has been completed in the US by Dr Tweak, a 2zz AE92 has been completed in Malaysia. In the next couple of months I'll have my 2zz AE82 done.

please links???

Im building a track spec ae92, Monkeywrench racing make a dry sump setup but they want 3.2k & make a baffled sump though no reply yet as i asked if the custom sump in lower then the stock. ive found other examples but none ive found evidence of track use.

Do you have a build log or build thread??

i have so many queries?

Im building a track spec ae92, Monkeywrench racing make a dry sump setup but they want 3.2k & make a baffled sump though no reply yet as i asked if the custom sump in lower then the stock.

If that's the Moroso sump they sell from memory it is lower than stock (holds more oil too).

if the sump worries you that much just get the stock one modified along with the oil pickup. I dont have a build thread for my AE82, pictures of the one from Malaysia were posted at twincam.org.au. Google pheonix tuning for Dr Tweaks.

if the sump worries you that much just get the stock one modified along with the oil pickup. I dont have a build thread for my AE82, pictures of the one from Malaysia were posted at twincam.org.au. Google pheonix tuning for Dr Tweaks.

Okay cheers,

surprised i havent come across that thread since i live on those forums, cheers for the info guys much appreciated.

the sump isnt a factor so much as i wont be doing any non tarmac events, 8kg coils in the front so its bit stiff, just worried i guess.

cheers

eek thats not what i wanna here... well any help appreciated.

Like I said, from memory. Maybe Xoom will chime in with his comments on the Moroso since he has one.

the moroso is ever so slightly lower ..... im talking a factor of a few mm's ..... i had to cut a bit of the plastic under body pieces due to this ..... where they get most of the extra capacity is by stretching & elongating the stock sump's shape in the length & width department rather than the depth and by adding an extension on the front of the sump ..... some of the turbo kits run their piping along the front of the sump so if u went with a moroso that path isnt feasible anymore due to this extension.

It was ages ago though that I had any part in fiddling with this side of the engine so i might grab some measurements of the stock sump depth and the moroso just to be sure for u when i get a chance.

• 2 years later...

Who is this Dr Tweak?

Thanks.