cai

Dude if ur in sydney go to liverpool exhaust, the guy owns 2 stivos and i got mine from there, i could not be more happy.Mad sound and looks pretty good. Professional job, from what i can remember its 280 for the cai, or 350 installed.

Dude if ur in sydney go to liverpool exhaust, the guy owns 2 stivos and i got mine from there, i could not be more happy.Mad sound and looks pretty good. Professional job, from what i can remember its 280 for the cai, or 350 installed.

at 350 installed you cant really go wrong or else you can get TRD CAI from the US (ebay) for roughly 320 posted and usually arrive within 5 working days...

ye im from sydney... sounds good but do they do a good good much difference in power

at 350 installed you cant really go wrong or else you can get TRD CAI from the US (ebay) for roughly 320 posted and usually arrive within 5 working days...

yee i was tryin 2 find a trd on ebay but i couldnt find it for stivo i dont think they hav them there

There we go.. took it from one of the thread....

Here, contact this seller

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...996081&rd=1

That is the right part number and all, I got a couple of them from him a month ago and I was really happy with the service.

Roughly 305 each delivered by airmail and it arrived in roughly 5 days(for a pair)

If you were going to get ONE then you'd be paying roughly 320 with the same delivery time.

There we go.. took it from one of the thread....
Here, contact this seller

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...996081&rd=1

That is the right part number and all, I got a couple of them from him a month ago and I was really happy with the service.

Roughly 305 each delivered by airmail and it arrived in roughly 5 days(for a pair)

If you were going to get ONE then you'd be paying roughly 320 with the same delivery time.

thanks heaps

yee i was tryin 2 find a trd on ebay but i couldnt find it for stivo i dont think they hav them there

That would be becuase they aren't made for the Sportivo

fit just the same thou :P but like you said.. u cant type in corolla and find one there... the link is the right part and what not.. but if mr and msrola still have theirs for sale then by all means.. get it locally..

ye im from sydney... sounds good but do they do a good good much difference in power

Well i havnt dynoed it but i could tell the diff in power as soon as it got installed. it didnt struggle as much pulling up hill and with a passenger either. And when the lift kicks in ............. :D

Anyone got a dyno sheet showing gains of a CAI from Liverpool exhausts??

Seat of the pants dyno doesn't tell me much at all as what some think is a gain is actually noisepower not horespower.

Be keen to see one if someone has a before and after!!

If you are on ebay look for Matrix TRD CAI. That will fit ZZE122/3 Corolla's.

Just on this...

Some After market CAI kits state they are specific for the 2zzge or the 1zzfe engine... or Matrix XR or the Matrix XRS...

what would you say the difference would be...

TRD CAI that everyone has (imported from USA) is for the 1zzfe... correct?

ALSO..

would headers for the MATRIX XRS suit our Sportivo's? are the Matrix platforms THE SAME?

Edited by Blind Kid Seeks

Im pretty sure the TRD CAI that alot including me have got in the Group buy is for the 2zzge ?.........as the matrix XRS run the 2zzge engine and the XR run the 1ZZFE (pretty sure im correct) ahm as far as difference when they say suit 1zz or 2zz i things its just in pipe diameter ?

yeah im interested in the header that fit the XRS same base to bolt onto our stivo....set on ebay for a decent price...guessing though even if they do bolt up no prob out body and bonnet etc may hamper connecting it to rest of exhaust system ?

cheers

Im pretty sure the TRD CAI that alot including me have got in the Group buy is for the 2zzge ?.........as the matrix XRS run the 2zzge engine and the XR run the 1ZZFE (pretty sure im correct) ahm as far as difference when they say suit 1zz or 2zz i things its just in pipe diameter ?

yeah im interested in the header that fit the XRS same base to bolt onto our stivo....set on ebay for a decent price...guessing though even if they do bolt up no prob out body and bonnet etc may hamper connecting it to rest of exhaust system ?

cheers

hey guys i no this sounds dumb but wat is mine i hav stivo 05 engine name

so i no wat 2 look for on the us sites

cheers

Edited by BNS-18L

Sportivo = 2ZZGE engine

apparently ive heard ppl say that the two different part numbers of the TRD intakes means nothing and that they are actually the same thing, the only difference i can think of then may be different mounting brackets due to diff underbonnet between 1ZZFE and 2ZZGE etc

cheers

the link i provided will bring you to a toyota dealer in the US and they r more then happy to ship it over at next to nothing,

i got a pair on my last order, mine went into my 1zz and the other went into the 2zz.. they both fitted nicely.. no problem at all.. so yeh.. should be alrite unless u r all fussy with the possibility of diff diameter..

There will be 2 part number for 2ZZ headers. One number is for prefacelift and one for post facelift. the difference is only because of US models having pollution gear on their cars. They have an air pump on the later models i think that pumps air into the headers to neutralise the exhaust gases somewhat. Our models have the blanks in the head for it but obviously aren't fitted. If you look at the flange of our headers you will see that above each pipe their is a little lump on the flange. That blocks off where the air pump would normally be.

As for intakes 2ZZ is the same for all post/prefaclift models. 1ZZ however has 2 different models. Earlier 1ZZ which have a throttle cable(say 2002 - 2006ish) will be one part number and the other will be for the later drive by wire 1ZZ. difference in throtle body as well as the CAI will have a large pipe outlet just before the throttle body which is for an engine breather.

If you are unsure about which one to get for your car or if there is no listing for the difference between 1ZZ models etc our forum sponsor CES has both 1ZZ and 2ZZ intakes available here in Australia. roughly the same design as the TRD but with a few improvements. check out the traders section for more info.