My 2003 Corolla Ascent

Cappuccino

Hey everyone,

Finally got around to doing a memebers ride thread. Just been flat out lately.

My name is WIll and I recently purchased myself a 2003 Corolla Ascent, reason for it was because I had a few problems with the Cappuccino and it was off the road for about 3 months and me needing a car for work. It killed me financial, so while looking for a daily i needed something reliable, looks representable and cheapish to run. Hope on carsales and saw this one and bought it. I am the 2nd owner with log book for service every 10,000ks it did have 122,000 when i bought but it looked well maintained. Also had 17inch lenso and lowered springs. Which is what i probably would of done anyway.

Future plans is to keep the way it is...was probably a mistake to come on here but hey it seems like a good community. Also it will be more then likely at Wakefield for the Circuit Club day since my mate couldn't so I will lend him the rolla for the day. Secretly i wouldnt mind seeing what she does.

This is the only photo i have for now. My mate took some photos the other week i just need to get them off him.

Shoot-12.jpg

Okay The little beast/weekender

My weekend car is a Suzuki Cappuccino (i know its not a Toyota but i thought a few of you may be interested) So its 660cc 3 Cylinder Turbo and rear wheel drive. Performance wise its on par with the 1ZZE Corolla and it only weighs 700kg, i got it dynoed last year at about 48.7rwkw. This was actually my very first car, i did think about selling and buying myself a diry Nissan but i thought i would continue with it and do something unique. Last time i took it to Wakefield with just the mechanical diff and worn suspenion i did a 1:23.4 with the car surging at the fish hook. On Saturday im hoping to do a 1:17s.

Mods Include

Suzuki Sport Coilovers

Suzuki Sport Strut Brace

I do have a HKS EVC 5 but it isnt hooked up yet.

Cusco 1 way LSD

Future Mods

Install the XR6 Turbo Cooler i have

Aftermart ECU

Some more suspenion parts

Here are a couple of pics

aDSCF0662.jpg

88052967iy5.jpg

73671091bk3.jpg

Looking Forward to Saturday to my first TOCAU meet. See you Sydney Siders then.

Edited by Cappuccino

Thanks for the comments! The Corolla will be hitting Wakefield Park this Saturday. My mates ute isnt ready in time so he will be driving the Corolla and of course i will take it at and see how i go. With the king springs and 17s handles pretty well. Couple of weeks ago went up the coast and took the Old Pac, handle very well and i was quite impressed.

Well definetly be posting over the week and let you know how it went, providing nothing breaks. :lol:

Rolla Boy - its not to often you see a zuki go sideways! Consider besides the carry van the cappuccino is the only rear wheel drive car.

Edited by Cappuccino

• 3 months later...

UPDATE!!

And it starts :lol:

Thanks to Rolla Boy i now have a TRD gear knob, the standard toyota one really annoyed the crap out of me.

Also Thanks to Mark (sorry mate now sure of your username) for the Sportivo Wheels, i was going to put new tyres on the 17s but i thought i would just get sportivo wheels with decent amount of tread. As i also wanted to get some RE001s for the Cappuccino.

now for the pics

DSC_0145COPY.jpg

DSC_0253COPY.jpg

DSC_0256COPY.jpg

I actually prefer the look of the sportivo wheels it doesnt seem as cheap and nasty as the rip of lensos.