How do you remove factory audio unit?

JIN

Hy DJKor. I have ordered on one the units from eBay's Autome tonight (and one for my wifes new CR-V).

Do you have the image for step 10. I am very nervous, as I have no experience with this stuff, but am a little confident from the ease other owners has shared with there install.

Thanks

Do you have the image for step 10.

Unfortunately they are on my laptop at home... which I am away from for the next 3 weeks. You can't miss it though. There are two 10mm bolts at the top and two at the bottom both silver in colour. You will easily see it when you look at it. You'll be fine mate. The process is easy.

Yea...the HU is sitting like on a chair with 2 legs at the top and 2 at bot. Both screws on each side have silver colours. That's what you have to unscrew before you're able to remove completely the HU. Good Luck with that.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The guide gave me confidence to do it the other night. Thanks.

DO you guys remove the air vents by prying it from the top?

I find that this damages the soft dash trim.

I've seen videos prying it from the buttom (against the hard surface of OEM head unit) and thats what I did.

ventm.jpg

The clips between the head unit and climate control confused me.

Didn't know I have to remove the climate control too from the plates.

cliphi.jpg

Sure do... using my hands only. With just enough fingernail, you can grip it with enough force to be able to pull it out. Done it numerous times without a single mark.

• 8 months later...

Sure do... using my hands only. With just enough fingernail, you can grip it with enough force to be able to pull it out. Done it numerous times without a single mark.

I recently replaced the basic Toyota head unit with the Toyota display head unit, main reason for replacement was the use of USB sticks and bluetooth. Got the head unit from ebay $200 and the head unit surround from Toyota $30, I also bought plastic panel removal kit from supercheap auto for about $12 made the job a bit easier. The new Toyota display head unit is a bit buggy, sometimes does not display USB folder options and sometimes does not display previously called numbers through bluetooth.

Anyway during my search for the best way to remove head unit I found this youtube vid and it seam the easiest way to remove the head unit. Worked for me, you just have to watch you don't drop the head unit retaining bolts during removal and install. Oh and don’t get so excited like I did and put the new head unit in then all the other bits back together only then to realise you forgot head unit retaining bolts! Luckily this method is so easy there was no stress to open it all up again.

I have the old head unit from my SX6 (6 stacker) as I have replaced this with a different unit and want to put this into my wifes ATX (single disc). This should be as easy as a straight swap over but once these units are disconnected from the power do they require a pin code or something once reconnected?

I have the old head unit from my SX6 (6 stacker) as I have replaced this with a different unit and want to put this into my wifes ATX (single disc). This should be as easy as a straight swap over but once these units are disconnected from the power do they require a pin code or something once reconnected?

I have recently replaced my stock (single disc) headunit in my 08 ATX with a 6 stacker.

It was as easy as plug n play. shouldnt take you more then 10 mins. I dont believe there are any codes or security features on the units...

mabe one of the Mods can confrim? :huh:

• 2 months later...

I have recently replaced my stock (single disc) headunit in my 08 ATX with a 6 stacker.

It was as easy as plug n play. shouldnt take you more then 10 mins. I dont believe there are any codes or security features on the units...

mabe one of the Mods can confrim? huh.gif

There is an option on the 6 stacker to put a code on it, however it isn't set from stock. This merely asks for the code if power source is interrupted, so if stolen, it can't be used in another car without the code. (Doesn't stop someone stealing it in the first place though <_< which kinda defeats the purpose...

Not sure if its too late for you, but perhaps this may help someone else that reads this in the future...

• 2 years later...

Okay, the guide is a bit rough, but it demonstrates the key points. Tools needed are a flat blade screwdriver and a 10mm socket or spanner. If your hands and fingers are small like mine, you only will need the shifter.

1) Firstly put the shifter into neutral and open the centre console box:

dsc02665tr7.th.jpg

2) Then you need to unclip the top section of the centre trim. You can use the screwdriver to pry it apart, or your fingers:

dsc02666f.th.jpg

3) Unplug the two connectors that I have circled in red:

dsc02670.th.jpg

4) Go to the front of the trim and using your fingers, pull back and away from the A/C controls to release the clips. Repeat for the other side:

dsc02667pl5.th.jpg

5) Unplug the cigarette lighter power connector as circled in red:

dsc02671bb4.th.jpg

Hi All,

I have recently bought a 2012 Aurion which I could not be more than happy with and am now looking to hard wire in a dash cam to the cigarette lighter.

Would the above steps work for a 2012 model Aurion in order to access the wires behind the cigarette lighter? I tried doing the step 2 mentioned however nothing came out. Before trying further I thought I would ask on here for some advise, does anyone have any tips on how to do this on a 2012+ model Aurion?

Thank you

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum. This is a great place for all sorts of information. I was planning to add a aux input to my car. And landed onto this post.

I am unable to see the Images that DJKOR has posted ...could anyone please help me....

Thanks...