Hottest Corolla yet

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still don't really like the look of them. they look like a ZZE123 facelift that has been exposed to major heat and started to melt. Plus the front looks too much like a Yaris of the same model.

give me the tough boxy look of a ZZE123 prefacelift anyday.....

Kinda reminds me of the Volkswagen golf GTI front end,Definetly wouldn't be using dem rims ..maybe a set of matt black or Dark gunmetal multispoked rims like on the SX4 or the Reny Megane R type

I like!! :lol:

May I remind all that with an extra 100kg under it's smooth shell, ain't going nowhere in a hurry

I'll take my old stivo thanks.

Which reminds me, anyone put a stivo engine into an AE82 or AE92 yet?

whitestivo

Edited by whitestivo

Isn't that the same one we get here. With the exception of a Corolla badge instead because our marketing department managed to convince head office that Corolla sounds better than Auris. Auris is the global name, not just the American name.

Auris is the European replacement for the Corolla hatch, which we still call the Corolla.

US gets the Corolla sedan like ours (but also available with the Camry engine) and Matrix hatch, which looks different to the Auris. The 2.4 Rolla would be cool to get here, as would the blade master 3.5 from Japan.

The picture in the 1st Post is just a package for the Auris from TRD (Toyota Racing Development, Japan) - The cost of front spoiler is 680 USD in Russia - too much expensiver for a piece of plastic.

In USA there's no Auris - as riverman told - Matix hatch and sedan Corolla instead..

http://trdparts.jp/english/list_auris.html Here's the link with equipment from that Auris

May I remind all that with an extra 100kg under it's smooth shell, ain't going nowhere in a hurry

I'll take my old stivo thanks.

whitestivo

it maybe 100kg heavier but its a lot stronger car.

I've driven the last corolla and it feels really insecure.

corolla aint a performance car anyway.

The corolla (hatch) started to look OK from 2002 onwards. The sedans are still ugly (current and older models).

The new hatch is arguably the hottest corolla ever made, trust me, once you start driving one, you will know. Inside its so much more classy and well organised as opposed to the older models. Outside, its elegant and well balanced looks are actually nice.

When I first bought mine I thought... no big deal, now after owning it for 2 weeks I think its gorgeous :)

Jealousy is a bitch :P

I heard there have been talks on twincam.org but don't think anyone has done it as such... the only problem with that is to actually find a decent AE82 or AE92 worthy enough of this conversion :P I sure as hell wouldn't want to see a 2ZZ go into a blinged up ricey POS.

I still don't really like the look of them. they look like a ZZE123 facelift that has been exposed to major heat and started to melt. Plus the front looks too much like a Yaris of the same model.

give me the tough boxy look of a ZZE123 prefacelift anyday.....

I have to agree, I love the more angular look of the 123 pre. My sister in law has one of the new Rolla hatches and it just looks like Toyota have taken a Yaris and stretched it to try and make it look more like a peugot.

Its a bold call but I think the ZZE123 pre facelift Sportivo is the hottest looking corolla since the AE86 (Seriously, who doesn't love this car) with the 87 Twin Cam coming in very closely behind.

Sharp angles, thats what im talking about. None of this boring Euro styling.

If it were a project that I was going to do, I would not reccomend the 2ZZGE for the AE86, I would sooner go a motor that was designed for a RWD car.

Its an old engine but I was always a fan of the CA18 DET as can be seen here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_CA_engine#CA18DET .

Even older but still a great motor is the FJ20ET http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_FJ_engine#FJ20ET , these can be wroked quite nicely and in an AE86 I would think would be a good choice.

Edited by Blade Hunter

im not a fan of the new corolla ...... UNLESS .... we get the blade then i'll change my mind :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

driven one and i dun think i will buy one, its nice n all but the interior is too plasticky n space age (not saying the older one isnt plastiky) but the new one just BANG... then the gear shift is just plain ODD :S if u ask me..

seat i must say feels like paper cardboard except for the leather seat i suppose... ok the looks kinda grows on me but the back is still :S i dont know what to say.. and modena :P i dont know how a new rolla front can look better then a stivo front :P cause i must say.. a stivo always looks more agressive compared to the new one.. maybe if ur after a bubblier car then the new one would be your cuppa tea..

now comes to the driving.. ok lets just not go there :P coz i was partially dissapointed but i must say i love the brakes :P thts about it..