Hottest Corolla yet

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yaris is probably the best looking small size car toyota ever made.

Starlet looks like an *****, Echo looks like a dunny seat (esp from the back), Yaris is actually nice to look at.

So what's your point? :)

Point???

"That looks like a souped up yaris... "

Everyone's entitled to there own opinions...

And reading everyone's in this thread alone, i'm sure you know what majority people think of the new look corolla...

You like what you like, we like what we like... Simply as that...

Point???

And reading everyone's in this thread alone, i'm sure you know what majority people think of the new look corolla...

I agree, I think the new shape is still slowly growing into some people but if someone going to come up to us and say how cool their new rolla is and how ugly the 80% of the zze12x on this forum looks its not going to go down too well,

your life, your choice... I'd say the new rolla is neat and nice but its not my cuppa tea I dont think.. until it really grows into me or something impresses me soemday because at the moment its doesnt look or feel that great on my side..

Point???

Each to their own and beauty is different for all.

Majority of people on this forum own 5-7 year old corollas... come back in 3-4 years time when mos will upgrade to 2007 + corollas and see what shape they like.

The main reason why I bought a more expensive newer Corolla was because to me the older 2006 and under models look plain unles u go sportivo or levin.

The fact that every granny owns one is another issue lol :lol:

whats wrong with the new corolla hatch looking like a yaris?

not really surprising since it was desingned by the same people in france as the yaris.

and if you want a brand new corolla hatch you havnt got much choice.

i personaly think the ae102 corolla was one of the better looking of the hatches, i'm prob bit biased since i own one lol

Im not even going to comment (ok i am lol) on the interior of the new corolla... the seats are awesome. Has lot of other goodies stock and the dash looks great too with red and bright orange. By the way the new corolla has 100 KW, unlike the 2005-2006 which were detuned to around 89 KW to meet the Euro standards of emmisions.

Edited by Modena

whats wrong with the new corolla hatch looking like a yaris?

not really surprising since it was desingned by the same people in france as the yaris.

and if you want a brand new corolla hatch you havnt got much choice.

i personaly think the ae102 corolla was one of the better looking of the hatches, i'm prob bit biased since i own one lol

13052007430.jpg

my old roll a on the left and my mates on the right.

i think these are still the best proprtionally shaped hatches around... AE92-3 profile is very similar to BMW 1 series.

EDIT: My stock AE93SX had 100kw as well... not bad for a car with several Hundred Kilos less of weight. ;)

Edited by Blind Kid Seeks

i think these are still the best proprtionally shaped hatches around... AE92-3 profile is very similar to BMW 1 series.

EDIT: My stock AE93SX had 100kw as well... not bad for a car with several Hundred Kilos less of weight.

nah nah nah..... ae102 hatch that look but better heheh

what about ke30 corolla sedan i reckon they were one of the better looking corollas too :P

Edited by linzz82

Personally own an 07 ZR and love the look,feel but style is a personnal thing. Will openly admit that Toyota NEED a decent engine back in the line up. I want to be able to buy a reasonably quick hatch with out needing to swap engines etc.

Hint Hint to any Toyota head honchos reading this............... ;)

I think a good reply would encompass me telling everyone about how much the new Corolla's styling seeks to redefine car fashion in Australia, paying particular attention to the lathering of European trends and modeling that inspired the new design.

I think another good reply would involve me stating how complete a package the car is, and that looks count for absolutely nothing when reliability, creature comforts and a more powerful motor (albeit the fact that they are controlled by an electronic throttle so I'm told?) come into play.

Those I think would be great replies, but at the end of the day it looks like a big Yaris.

Im not even going to comment (ok i am lol) on the interior of the new corolla... the seats are awesome. Has lot of other goodies stock and the dash looks great too with red and bright orange. By the way the new corolla has 100 KW, unlike the 2005-2006 which were detuned to around 89 KW to meet the Euro standards of emmisions.

prefacelift and some of the facelift rolla has 100kw and its a good 200kg lighter :) take your pick if u wanna talk about kw :)

i dun see how the paperish feel seat seems awesome im sorry but tht was one of my 1st complaints..

do all the different specs have the same seats cause I actually quite like mine? Maybe base model has different seats?

i think the levin get leather seats? i was given an ascent as a loan car on my last service.. hrm i know i didnt like that one :) maybe other model is different..

do all the different specs have the same seats cause I actually quite like mine? Maybe base model has different seats?

i think the levin get leather seats? i was given an ascent as a loan car on my last service.. hrm i know i didnt like that one :) maybe other model is different..

no to leather but like the shape of them, its all. Again, each to there own. Personally I just like my car and will probably buy another when the next shape is out. Just wish they kept the Sportivo theme going or even a TRD version. I do understand the good parts of a Sportivo, just not availabe new. :(

All this talk of KWs and 100kgs lighter... If anyone bought the Corolla as a racecar, they are a fool. You want a fast hatch? Get a VW R32.

bluebeast.jpg

:whistling:

not so foolish for some but i get what u mean...

All this talk of KWs and 100kgs lighter... If anyone bought the Corolla as a racecar, they are a fool. You want a fast hatch? Get a VW R32.

bluebeast.jpg

off topic but, how did you get that from a 2zz?

on topic - its an Auris over here and opinion is divided but certaily similar feelings that you have. a thread on our uk site - one of the members was at the london motor show - i think - and toyota was gauging interest in a new t sport............. not sure how they will sort that fat Micra rear end and lets hope they remember to put the mirrors in the right place, we will see. our biggest complaint apart from the looks is the diesel engine which has stopped a lot of peeps getting the new Corolla.

The owner of that car also spent about half of what an R32 costs to get that figure.

The owner of that car also has giant balls, is extremely attractive and has caused me to change batting teams on several different occasions because of how sexual he is.

ok slightly off topic

I beg to differ :P :P :P :P see above dyno sheet and this youtube clip

off topic but, how did you get that from a 2zz?

with some help from this bad boys ;)

P2210086.jpg

check out my ride thread for more info http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=7291

The owner of that car also has giant balls, is extremely attractive and has caused me to change batting teams on several different occasions because of how sexual he is.

hahahahahahahahah sorry dude .... dont mean to let u down ..... but i dont swing that way ..... i really am flattered :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

back on topic:

like has been stated ..... any new model will bring on all mixed reactions ....some like it .... some hate it ..... thats only natural that everyone has a different opinion ...... otherwise this would be a boring place if we all thought the same way ...... my thoughts are that the new rolla just isnt the car for me ....... bcuz its even tighter than the stivo to fit a turbo on it :lol: :lol: :lol: and bcuz it looks like a yaris on steroids :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: flame suit on ...... hahahahahaha

The owner of that car also spent about half of what an R32 costs to get that figure.

HaHa, that made me laugh my ***** off. Good on you Kenneth, for the dedication.

I think a good reply would encompass me telling everyone about how much the new Corolla's styling seeks to redefine car fashion in Australia, paying particular attention to the lathering of European trends and modeling that inspired the new design.

I think another good reply would involve me stating how complete a package the car is, and that looks count for absolutely nothing when reliability, creature comforts and a more powerful motor (albeit the fact that they are controlled by an electronic throttle so I'm told?) come into play.

Those I think would be great replies, but at the end of the day it looks like a big Yaris.

And what's your point? Yaris is probably the best looking small sized car in today's market. It looks way better than any previous little Toyotas, looks better than Getz, Colt... infact the only other car that looks remotely good as Yaris is Mazda 2!

So if the new Corolla looks like a big Yaris (and you are right, it does) then I give it big thumbs up!

Edited by Modena

prefacelift and some of the facelift rolla has 100kw and its a good 200kg lighter :) take your pick if u wanna talk about kw :)

i dun see how the paperish feel seat seems awesome im sorry but tht was one of my 1st complaints..

You know the main reason why I actually bought a Corolla? Because it would not drink as much as my previous Skyline... so if you are a fool who is buying a Corolla in hopes of BIG power then you are in the wrong car market! There's bee's d|ck difference in perfomance between a new heavier corolla and the previous one.

Edited by Modena

bluebeast.jpg

Yeah I bet it also cost a truckload of $$ to get that amount of power out of a Corolla and it will never deliver 8 litres per 100 KM anymore, will it? So the purpose of the little car that is fuel efficient is out the window! And last time I checked Sportivos were not true sports cars either.

Throw enough money at any car, and you can make it fast.

If you want to chase power, get a Supra!!

Edited by Modena

And what's your point? Yaris is probably the best looking small sized car in today's market. It looks way better than any previous little Toyotas, looks better than Getz, Colt... infact the only other car that looks remotely good as Yaris is Mazda 2!

So if the new Corolla looks like a big Yaris (and you are right, it does) then I give it big thumbs up!

You are right. I'd buy any car this year, as long as it looks like a Yaris!

bluebeast.jpg

Yeah I bet it also cost a truckload of $$ to get that amount of power out of a Corolla and it will never deliver 8 litres per 100 KM anymore, will it? So the purpose of the little car that is fuel efficient is out the window! And last time I checked Sportivos were not true sports cars either.

Throw enough money at any car, and you can make it fast.

If you want to chase power, get a Supra!!

As stated, I'd say he spent under half of what a VW R32 retails for. Believe it or not, the Corolla's 'were' a cost effective project that also doubled as a performance unit (eg: the 1zz and 2zz's had multiple turbo / sc kits available for them, albeit most of the action came from America in terms of their use).

The new Corolla doesn't fit into that category, yet. I doubt it will though. That is, of course, due to the way it's now marketed. Toyota Australia don't like identifying the Corolla as a mild performance hatch anymore.