Hottest Corolla yet

I think a good reply would encompass me telling everyone about how much the new Corolla's styling seeks to redefine car fashion in Australia, paying particular attention to the lathering of European trends and modeling that inspired the new design.

I think another good reply would involve me stating how complete a package the car is, and that looks count for absolutely nothing when reliability, creature comforts and a more powerful motor (albeit the fact that they are controlled by an electronic throttle so I'm told?) come into play.

Those I think would be great replies, but at the end of the day it looks like a big Yaris.

And what's your point? Yaris is probably the best looking small sized car in today's market. It looks way better than any previous little Toyotas, looks better than Getz, Colt... infact the only other car that looks remotely good as Yaris is Mazda 2!

So if the new Corolla looks like a big Yaris (and you are right, it does) then I give it big thumbs up!

You are right. I'd buy any car this year, as long as it looks like a Yaris!

All this talk of KWs and 100kgs lighter... If anyone bought the Corolla as a racecar, they are a fool. You want a fast hatch? Get a VW R32.

bluebeast.jpg

:whistling:

not so foolish for some but i get what u mean...

Yeah I bet it also cost a truckload of $$ to get that amount of power out of a Corolla and it will never deliver 8 litres per 100 KM anymore, will it? So the purpose of the little car that is fuel efficient is out the window! And last time I checked Sportivos were not true sports cars either.

Throw enough money at any car, and you can make it fast.

If you want to chase power, get a Supra!!

As stated, I'd say he spent under half of what a VW R32 retails for. Believe it or not, the Corolla's 'were' a cost effective project that also doubled as a performance unit (eg: the 1zz and 2zz's had multiple turbo / sc kits available for them, albeit most of the action came from America in terms of their use).

The new Corolla doesn't fit into that category, yet. I doubt it will though. That is, of course, due to the way it's now marketed. Toyota Australia don't like identifying the Corolla as a mild performance hatch anymore.

Meh... I rather keep my Corolla as an econo-box and save up some dough to buy a Nissan GTR that will blow the socks off most Ferraris in the future.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think a good reply would encompass me telling everyone about how much the new Corolla's styling seeks to redefine car fashion in Australia, paying particular attention to the lathering of European trends and modeling that inspired the new design.

I think another good reply would involve me stating how complete a package the car is, and that looks count for absolutely nothing when reliability, creature comforts and a more powerful motor (albeit the fact that they are controlled by an electronic throttle so I'm told?) come into play.

Those I think would be great replies, but at the end of the day it looks like a big Yaris.

And what's your point? Yaris is probably the best looking small sized car in today's market. It looks way better than any previous little Toyotas, looks better than Getz, Colt... infact the only other car that looks remotely good as Yaris is Mazda 2!

So if the new Corolla looks like a big Yaris (and you are right, it does) then I give it big thumbs up!

All this talk of KWs and 100kgs lighter... If anyone bought the Corolla as a racecar, they are a fool. You want a fast hatch? Get a VW R32.

bluebeast.jpg

Yeah I bet it also cost a truckload of $$ to get that amount of power out of a Corolla and it will never deliver 8 litres per 100 KM anymore, will it? So the purpose of the little car that is fuel efficient is out the window! And last time I checked Sportivos were not true sports cars either.

As stated, I'd say he spent under half of what a VW R32 retails for. Believe it or not, the Corolla's 'were' a cost effective project that also doubled as a performance unit (eg: the 1zz and 2zz's had multiple turbo / sc kits available for them, albeit most of the action came from America in terms of their use).

The new Corolla doesn't fit into that category, yet. I doubt it will though. That is, of course, due to the way it's now marketed. Toyota Australia don't like identifying the Corolla as a mild performance hatch anymore.

Meh... I rather keep my Corolla as an econo-box and save up some dough to buy a Nissan GTR that will blow the socks off most Ferraris in the future.

fyi ... Fuel economy only fell by 1.5-2L so thats not too bad :P all in the tuning mate ;) getting on boost heavily with a heavy foot and its a bit different but the VW suffers the same fate if you drive it with a heavy foot ;) ;) and for the record its far more impressive to rip a ferrari in a corolla than it would be to do it in a GTR :P :P :P :P

bluebeast.jpg

fyi ... Fuel economy only fell by 1.5-2L so thats not too bad :P all in the tuning mate ;) getting on boost heavily with a heavy foot and its a bit different but the VW suffers the same fate if you drive it with a heavy foot ;) ;) and for the record its far more impressive to rip a ferrari in a corolla than it would be to do it in a GTR :P :P :P :P

:) enough said ....

bluebeast.jpg

Yeah but you are still driving a Corolla and they are still driving a Ferrari. :)

WTF?!?! northy i saw that last post mate.... good to see you edited it moron...

"melb drivers are still morons"

I didn't edit it :whistling:

Yeah but you're driving a Yaris and we're driving a Corolla.

the yaris is one of the company cars, its not my weekend toy :P

Yeah but you're driving a Yaris and we're driving a Corolla.

You love it ;)

I am yet to find somthing better for getting around the CBD.

Why not take the current model, put in a bigger 2L 2ZZGE, or the supercharged version from the UK Tsport, now that I would trade up for Toyota.

In the meantime, the stivo 03-05 is arguably the best performance rolla ever built.

Whitestivo

Why not take the current model, put in a bigger 2L 2ZZGE, or the supercharged version from the UK Tsport, now that I would trade up for Toyota.

In the meantime, the stivo 03-05 is arguably the best performance rolla ever built.

Whitestivo

If I wanted performance, id take a stock R33 turbo AUTO Skyline over any corolla Sportivo...:)

A corolla is NOT a performance car... unles you throw some good money at it, then again a Suzuki Swift can be made into a pocket rocket too with the right amount of cash.

So if all Corollas are slow, I might as well concentrate on the ride looking and feeling good and the current shape corolla does it better for me than any of the older models.

Edited by Modena

Your hard to please Modena

My last car was an S14. I sold it for the sportivo.

It was faster in straight line yes, but my old S14 didn't rev to 8200rpm and sound like a banchee above 6000rpm. Some of the boat anchors people call performance engines don't have the technology the VVTLI engine has. The Sr20DET came out in 1993 (someone will now exact date, that's about right)

A lotus comes with with the 2ZZ motor in the sportivo?

whitestivo

Whitestivo

If I wanted performance, id take a stock R33 turbo AUTO Skyline over any corolla Sportivo...:)

A corolla is NOT a performance car... unles you throw some good money at it, then again a Suzuki Swift can be made into a pocket rocket too with the right amount of cash.

So if all Corollas are slow, I might as well concentrate on the ride looking and feeling good and the current shape corolla does it better for me than any of the older models.

a R33 AUTO over a Sportivo?? :blink:

i have nothing to say anymore....

Edited by KaZe-

Whitestivo

Yes the auto line will still beat the manual rolla lol

Whitestivo

Actually I'd rather drive the new 'Yaris' than be behind the wheel of an auto Skyrine. Wtf was I thinking.

haha.. i think we are wasting bit of our valuable time..

lets face it.. the guy love his new rolla.. we love our OLD rolla and there is no way we can tell him how much better ours is (in our opinion) and he wont give up telling us how good his new rolla is (in his opinion) with the help of GTR, ferrari, swift, and a auto turbo skyline just to make the older rolla looks SLOW while i think he forgot the fact that the new rolla has the same power and a good 200kg heavier and will stay slower then a stock zze rolla..

but hey.. let it be the current gen or the previous gen rolla.. its still a rolla but just maybe some of us here see it as a blown up yaris but heck.. its still badged COROLLA.. not FAT YARIS :)

hey BILL! where r u man?? u gotta take this guy for a ride man..

make sure he goes to the toilet b4 he gets on thou..

:)

hhahahhahahaah ..... mate he wouldnt be the first which is y my passenger seat is black shrink wrapped for easy wipe away cleaning ......... hahahahahaha ...... ive given a few friends an awesome scare in the passenger seat ...... lol ..... ppl's reactions r hilarious especially bcuz they dont expect it .......

like kenneth said and i said previously ..... ppl have different opinions which is what keeps the world interesting ......

u know though i would love to race some of those cars (ferrari's, lambo's, porsches, r35's etc) in a 80-260 race and see how it goes ...... removing the traction / fwd syndrome it would make for an interesting spectacle ...... B) B) B)

anyone know a nice long stretch of private road and have some pocket change so we can buy the other test cars ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

To all the Sportivo lovers out there, if you were to buy a NEW car tomorrow what would it be? Like I've posted earlier, I will concede my car is a bit slow and boring but wanted new and was stuck for options. TypeR civic only a 2 door and little overpriced IMHO and apart from that there ain't much left. Maybe a WRX but not a big fan of Subaru and even more coin. Sorry if its too far off topic, just curious. We're a family of three and just wanted some cheap practicality with a little sporty look. Suggestions.........?

And no MAJOR engine transplant mods aloud. I'm a mechanic with better things to do than fix cars. :D

Edited by MattW79

To all the Sportivo lovers out there, if you were to buy a NEW car tomorrow what would it be? Like I've posted earlier, I will concede my car is a bit slow and boring but wanted new and was stuck for options. TypeR civic only a 2 door and little overpriced IMHO and apart from that there ain't much left. Maybe a WRX but not a big fan of Subaru and even more coin. Sorry if its too far off topic, just curious. We're a family of three and just wanted some cheap practicality with a little sporty look. Suggestions.........?

And no MAJOR engine transplant mods aloud. I'm a mechanic with better things to do than fix cars. :D

I wasn't a fan of Subaru either, but they've come a long way in recent times. Strangely enough a 'lot' of old WRX's are still on the roads and haven't had any running issues, unless they've been tampered with the wrong way or mistreated by previous owners. I'm a fan of the Rex because they seem to be great value for what you get if you buy the right one second hand (plus they're Australian Delivered, so parts are never a major issue). It doesn't take that much to get them to run up around 2004wkw either.

Oh yeah, what would I buy? I'm turning into an old fart. I'd be buying an IS200 (another good value 2nd hand car) or an IS250. I'm more after comfort and something a bit bigger these days. Plus I still belong to the Toyota fraternity in a way.

Edited by oO_CorollaSportivo03_Oo

Whitestivo

Actually I'd rather drive the new 'Yaris' than be behind the wheel of an auto Skyrine. Wtf was I thinking.

Your hardc0re :D

If money was no issue, I would buy a maserati but if money were a factor, I would probably get the TRD Aurion :) or a nice Audi.

Edited by Blade Hunter

Each to there own I know but has to be japanese and I truly would prefer new or very close to it. The reason I ask is a bloke I work with pulled the ***** out of my corolla and I put it to him what else is there. The hot hatch is dead, 200sx's are dead. WRX's are OK I spose but would be the upper end of my budget. Not looking to do 11's, just something a little bit inspiring. Maybe I'm too much of a tight ***** but I would love to go and get something sporty but practical for up to 40k. Off topic I know but just pointing out IMO the hole in the market.

Yes Sportivos are good but, I've seen the way you lot drive them so why would I want to buy a s/hand one? ;) :lol:

Edited by MattW79

Each to there own I know but has to be japanese and I truly would prefer new or very close to it. The reason I ask is a bloke I work with pulled the ***** out of my corolla and I put it to him what else is there. The hot hatch is dead, 200sx's are dead. WRX's are OK I spose but would be the upper end of my budget. Not looking to do 11's, just something a little bit inspiring. Maybe I'm too much of a tight ***** but I would love to go and get something sporty but practical for up to 40k. Off topic I know but just pointing out IMO the hole in the market.

Yes Sportivos are good but, I've seen the way you lot drive them so why would I want to buy a s/hand one? ;) :lol:

In all honesty you really have to completely mistreat a car 'like' the Sportivo for it to cause you massive issues later on. This has been well documented on here...there are many photos I'm sure.