Hottest Corolla yet

u know though i would love to race some of those cars (ferrari's, lambo's, porsches, r35's etc) in a 80-260 race and see how it goes ......

wow xoom really does have big balls... lol

i think that at the end of the day you can make your corolla what ever you what it to be... thats whats so good about the corolla's, no matter what model or engine theres always heaps of aftermarket suport if you want it... and if you don't then the corolla is still a very good day to day, reliable, economical car.

i have a little 1zz acsent sedan that i like to take out to the tracks. i know i'm not going to blow anyone away, but i'm having fun :P and xoom likes to fly down the 1/4, and correct me if i'm wrong but i remeber reading a PB of 12.5... i'd say watch out lambo's and GTR's :P

all in all i'm not a real big fan of the looks of the new corollas but there are some that are poping up that are looking better and better.

every one added their 2c so that was mine :D

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

u know though i would love to race some of those cars (ferrari's, lambo's, porsches, r35's etc) in a 80-260 race and see how it goes ......

wow xoom really does have big balls... lol

hahahahahahahah well i only stopped @ 260 bcuz thats probably when i'd run out of gears ...... lol .... otherwise let it happen to 300+ :D :D :D ...... would be interesting to also see when the 2zz on boost would run out of puff ;) ;) ;)

i have a little 1zz acsent sedan that i like to take out to the tracks. i know i'm not going to blow anyone away, but i'm having fun :P and xoom likes to fly down the 1/4, and correct me if i'm wrong but i remeber reading a PB of 12.5... i'd say watch out lambo's and GTR's :P

12.6 actually :lol: :lol: ;) ;) ..... lol ..... thats y i said from a 80km/h start ..... that way the FWD drama's shouldnt play a factor ...... would be very interesting ........ how would u feel being ripped by a corolla if ur driving a car worth 6 digits :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

True Wil rolla. Thanks for the re-assurance and yeah, I might have to start 'improving' the old girl.

p.s- my old man races an ae92 FXGT with a black top 20 valve at Barbagallos. It's got DMS suspension and wilwood front brakes so I do still like the more traditional performance corollas. Still sorting some little issues out but he's getting there. Our workshop hack is an 04 hatch on 17's too so we are a little biased towards them all really. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

How nice is this kit? :)

its no longer a yaris on roids ...... its a mini-tarago :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

does look nice though

heh

Overseas the Auris (new corolla) gets different engines. Like diesel and a 2 litre petrol I think. More balls and power.

Good to see a debate rage on for a while......

I find, almost without fail, that when a new model comes out I like the model immediately preceding it. Then after a while, the current model grows on me....then they release a new one and by then it's taken enough time to grow on me.

Personally, I do think the new shape has some nice aspects to it, particularly the wheel arches and the additional surface curves in the side over the ZZE series, whcih in comparison is looking a bit slab sided now. The nose of the new model doesn't look as good as either ZZE front end - particularly a pre-facelift with eyebrows.

And both have ugly butts in stock form!

I am not really pleased that Toyota has marketed the new Corolla as the "hottest corolla ever". If they wish to do that, bring out a version that has some real grunt. Has anyone in a new model gone up against an SP23?* If a Mazda SP23 beats you, then you are most certainly not in the hottest Corolla ever. In fact, I would go so far as to say there should be a definition of "hot" - if a stock Commodore or Falcon has better track-proven figures than you, you are not "hot". Fair call??

Even though I am a Sportivo owner, and I do love my Corolla, I would put my vote in for the hottest corolla ever being the AE92 SX hatch. Back in the day, 100kw made it stand out head and shoulders above the rest. by the time the sportivo was here in Australia, there were a few other comparables around, but not anything that delivered the combo of features and value for money that the Sportivo delivered that saw me part with my cash.

Come on Toyota, bring us the Blade version under the TRD banner, even as a limited run, so we have something to really be proud of!!!!

*off street comparison/drag. I in no way condone or encourage street racing.