Graffiti on windscreen

teabie

I woke up one morning to see my fogged up windscreen scrawled with numbers and letters on the side. I wiped them away, thinking somebody put a finger and wrote them. All was well when my windscreen cleared up in the afternoon, and it looked sparkly clear. But when night fell and the fog descended, the same stuff resurfaced again!

I'd tried using water + cloth and scrubbing furiously, but it didn't work. I have tinted windows, so I don't know what solutions I can use. The Windex selection at my nearest Coles store are all not suitable for tinted windows.

The windscreen is completely not scratched, and I can't feel anything over those words. Maybe a slight "embossed" effect perhaps. For the life of me, I don't know how to get rid of them. I've attached a picture of it, in case anyone has ANY idea at all.

I'm a first-time car owner, so I'm really inexperienced with handling my car. Any suggestions will be really appreciated. Thanks!

Is that from the inside or outside? and is that the front or back windows?

If it's outside then its safe to use windex or any other glass cleaner. If its inside and on your front windows then it should be safe as that window isn't or supposed to be tinted.

Edited by kolourhero

I woke up one morning to see my fogged up windscreen scrawled with numbers and letters on the side. I wiped them away, thinking somebody put a finger and wrote them. All was well when my windscreen cleared up in the afternoon, and it looked sparkly clear. But when night fell and the fog descended, the same stuff resurfaced again!

I'd tried using water + cloth and scrubbing furiously, but it didn't work. I have tinted windows, so I don't know what solutions I can use. The Windex selection at my nearest Coles store are all not suitable for tinted windows.

The windscreen is completely not scratched, and I can't feel anything over those words. Maybe a slight "embossed" effect perhaps. For the life of me, I don't know how to get rid of them. I've attached a picture of it, in case anyone has ANY idea at all.

I'm a first-time car owner, so I'm really inexperienced with handling my car. Any suggestions will be really appreciated. Thanks!

lol. seriously, i dont know what the person did to your car ey.... but im pretty sure he dint use finger.... must be some kind of white marker or something?

coz one of my friend played around with me and wrote all over my car window with chalks. i used a cloth and water.... and it was gone easily... so seriously, the person who did the graffiti on your car must have did it with something strong ey :angry:

Is that from the inside or outside? and is that the front or back windows?

If it's outside then its safe to use windex or any other glass cleaner. If its inside and on your front windows then it should be safe as that window isn't or supposed to be tinted.

It's outside, because I'm the only one who uses the car. So, is the inside windows tinted? It's good to know, bcos I'll like to know whether tinting is done on the interior or the exterior.

Maybe use some glass polish on the outside?

I've actually tried using Coles's window polish before... not exactly the best brand, I know. I just wanted to test it, but it didn't come off. Any recommendations on glass polish?

Apparently clay bar gets yer windows clean as??

Clay bar! I've never heard of it. Where can I get them?

:o

lol...

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=14436

don't worry, i never heard of it untill i got on to this forum.... and then i got me some clay straight away... :D :D :D

Even if it doesn't take out the graffiti, the end results look really good! Worth a try, gonna start hunting for them. Know where they are sold in Melbourne?

Maybe use some glass polish on the outside?

I've actually tried using Coles's window polish before... not exactly the best brand, I know. I just wanted to test it, but it didn't come off. Any recommendations on glass polish?

tinting are generally and i think all done to the INSIDE of the car (there maybe exception) but for an everyday car its on the inside, also it is illegal to tint the windscreen so regardless if the mark is appearing on the inside or outside, you are safe to use chemical or whatever method that may work

dont waste your money on clay... use NuFinish .... and back on topic... works wonders on Glass and metal too...

might not be worthy for the windscreen but for the car body and what not, some people wont wax without claying first..

dont waste your money on clay... use NuFinish .... and back on topic... works wonders on Glass and metal too...

my dads been useing nufinish for years, but i can't find any anywhere.. wheres the best place to get it?

my dads been useing nufinish for years, but i can't find any anywhere.. wheres the best place to get it?

man you havent been looking very hard its in Autobarn, Bursons, Supacheap, kmart and even in Coles.

might not be worthy for the windscreen but for the car body and what not, some people wont wax without claying first..

some people are suckers.

if u know or have much idea of what clay does then maybe u will know why, waxing without claying will end up with more scratch/swirl marks due to the contaminant and bits of dirt and what not stuck to the body,

but again, a lot of people (including me) cant be f* spending so much time.. maybe i will sometime..

The marks on your window aren't from someone writing on it with their fingers, it's from the dealer when the car was new...

Get the windscreen nice and wet, then using a brand new scraper blade, scrape the window where the numbers are... Make sure the windscreen stays wet though otherwise it will scratch...

Should get the marks off...

Wouldn't hurt to give it a polish afterwards...