Heater hose configuration

Good morning all,

Could anybody help with the location of cooloant hoses from the block to the heater hose. As there are no hoses connected to the heater at the firewall. There is a hose connected to the bottom of the heater switch(engine bay side) but isnt connected to anything. Which of the two heater coil pipes protruding thru the fire wall is the inlet and which is the outlet.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Good morning all,

Could anybody help with the location of cooloant hoses from the block to the heater hose. As there are no hoses connected to the heater at the firewall. There is a hose connected to the bottom of the heater switch(engine bay side) but isnt connected to anything. Which of the two heater coil pipes protruding thru the fire wall is the inlet and which is the outlet.

inlet is the side with the tap on it... RHS from memory.

Good morning all,

Good morning all,

Gday Ben

Its a 4AFE motor. Yes I also think the heater core may have been deliberately left off, however the lever inside the car has been disconnect as it moves too freely yet the cable doesnt. I have just bought the car and trying to sort out some of the problems. The current hose runs from the pump back into the block.

I can't think off the top of my head but if I have one in at work tomorrow I'll get you some pics...

Check the cable connection at the heater tap, might be jammed open, constant warm air coming into the car would ***** me off too lol...

I can't think off the top of my head but if I have one in at work tomorrow I'll get you some pics...

Check the cable connection at the heater tap, might be jammed open, constant warm air coming into the car would ***** me off too lol...

I was luck enough to have a look at a blokes Corolla ta work today that answered my questions, so thanks all for your help!!

about the only reason people bypass the heater core is when the core has sprung a leak and soaks the carpet in the cabin... Be careful when reconnecting it, it's a very large job to change the heater core, basically all the dash has to come out.

about the only reason people bypass the heater core is when the core has sprung a leak and soaks the carpet in the cabin... Be careful when reconnecting it, it's a very large job to change the heater core, basically all the dash has to come out.

Good idea to flush it with hose + tap water before you re-connect the heater hoses, if it's going to leak cool tap water is much better to clean up than hot coolant.

If it doesn't leak, but you think there might still be a problem, get it pressure tested (not sure if they can do that with the heater core still in the car). Some cores only leak when the coolant gets hot.