Personalised plates for QLD

dharsh

Hello everyone,

I have a red ZR6 and was hoping to get some personalised number plates here in Brisbane.

I've just moved here from Melbourne and wanted to know if - www.ppq.com.au - is really the only place to get them from?

I was hoping to get 'DHARSH' in silver letters on a black background (what do ppl think about its suitability colour-wise?) - but the site quotes me a price of $2295.

I had mates that had plates done in VIC for a lot cheaper - so could anyone please clarify this.

Cheers

Hello everyone,

I have a red ZR6 and was hoping to get some personalised number plates here in Brisbane.

I've just moved here from Melbourne and wanted to know if - www.ppq.com.au - is really the only place to get them from?

I was hoping to get 'DHARSH' in silver letters on a black background (what do ppl think about its suitability colour-wise?) - but the site quotes me a price of $2295.

I had mates that had plates done in VIC for a lot cheaper - so could anyone please clarify this.

Cheers

Just a little more expensive than your budget?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Jealous-QLD-Prestig...1QQcmdZViewItem

Yeah, Personalised Plates Queensland is the only place where you can get proper personalised plates for QLD. The prestige ones certainly expensive compared to other states aren't they? At least the prestige plates come in a full framed enclosure. Looks much better than an aluminium plate; but then again, at that cost you would expect that at the least.

what do ppl think about its suitability colour-wise?

I reckon nothing looks more classy then silver writing on a black background. With the black trim on the Aurion, the number plate will fit nicely. If you need an idea on how it will look, just check out mine out.

dsc02693qo1.th.jpg dsc02695qg4.th.jpg dsc02716xn2.th.jpg dsc02765yx6.th.jpg

Hello everyone,

Cheers

:blink: U Serious? 2300? is that an annual fee or somethin? Jebus...That's some rip off in action...

Silver on Black is classic...Always looks good... Second would be Gold on Black B)

newcar003-1.jpg

I paid $350 for mine a couple of years ago, one off payment. Decent enough looking plate, see if the footy fans can see what the letters and the numbers mean........I had mates coming up to me and saying "they aren't your initials man, what does it mean"..........

Edited by beaves

*ding ding*

Freddo frog for Seca boy

You have no idea how many people up here who don't know the signifigance of those letters and numbers.......I am serious, I have been asked probably 20 times in the 2 years i have had them.

Edited by beaves

$2000+ is a bit rich for plates i think, but alot of people pay it so its personal preferance. If you want somethin personal or to do with your name you really got no choice and i think people with ones like that is pretty neat!! :P

I recently got a personalised plate last week. i sat it in the window for the auscam cruise on sunday because the transport department isnt open on the weekend <_<

my plates are 313GNT (ELEGANT)

some people get it straight up some people struggle.. wat do yous think?

Hey eSexSix,

I think you should post up a pic of your plate/car so we can tell...

I've seen a couple of instances where the letters/numbers combination to spell out a word looks pretty decent yea - like the other day I saw sofie/sophie on a plate as "S0F4Y" and it registered instantly as the name...

I think it works out a lot cheaper up in QLD if you do a 2number/3letter combo, or 3number/2letter - like $4-500 as opposed to $2300 - but the combinations I've tried for 'dharsh' haven't really done it for me - I'm prob just gonna have to save up for it - I doubt anyone would choose that plate so I'm pretty safe waiting I think.

Went to Transport department today to sort it all out so ill take some pickies of it on the weekend an ill post it up for ya!! i got colour coordinated so it looks pretty hot :D

im thinking about putting speakers in it soon how did u go getting urs in was it a big job or not??

Hey,

well it wasn't too much of a hassle for my speakers as I got it done professionally.

it wasn't really an issue because i don't have near enough knowledge to work on my car myself.

it turned out great because i wanted a single DIN head unit which was custom mounted really well.

the only real advise i can give about speaker installs is that make sure you measure the depth of whatever you buy because there isn't much room for the rear ones - i would have liked to have 6x9s all round, but i couldn't fit any pioneer ones without losing the stock covers. I have to admit though that it does sound really good with 6x9s upfront and 6s in the rear, with the sub - cause everyone that has been in my car has commented how good quality the sound is.

i think there have been a few posts re-speaker installs in the forums though - just do a quick search and i think you'll get some pretty good advice

looking forward to seeing the pics of your plate/car

A long-time friend of mine organised for me to be able to get a combination I'd be hoping for in the standard issue plates for some time. :whistling:

He was able to find the customer service centre where that combination was going to be issued from and spoke with the management there and they held it aside for me and I drove a (long-ish) drive to pick them up. B)

Got them attached to my vehicle and then customised them,next step is to have them personalised and then get a version that has no diamond between the letters and it's all done... ;)

800KED.jpg

In NSW its about $560 a year for custom coloured plates ....

A year ? Definitely they want to make money there. Down in Victoria, depending on type, color .... you have to pay from around $400 to $700 and can keep it for life, only pay a bit more to re-register it to other car. Can order it online from this:

http://www.vplates.com.au/

BH

Edited by BanHien