Sydney Day Time Monthly Meet - Sunday 31st August - Be There 9:00AM @ WentworthVille Maccas

Hi All,

Our next monthly meet will be in Sydney on SUNDAY the 31st of August which is the last sunday of this month.

We are meeting @ 9AM at Wentworthville Maccas i have a map of where it is located below.

We will depart from Maccas @ 9:30 AM Sharp for wisemans ferry.

We might stop for a little to stretch the legs will see how people feel. Then we will cross over the ferry and continue up to the entrance.

According to whereis this trip should take up a little over 2hrs so at the latest i'd expect us to get there about midday. Just in time for lunch at the entrance.

Be sure to bring CB's, a hat, some sunscreen if the sun makes an appearance and your wallet to buy lunch @ the entrance. If freezing be sure to bring a jacket ;)

For the full route check out this link

http://www.whereis.com/?id=253FE2DA84DD4D

Now fellow members no excuses of not turning up since you have been given plenty of notice :P :P :P :P

cheers

Bill

A map of where Wentworthville Maccas is:

meeting_spot_maccas_wenty.jpg

A map of the full route:

route_entrance.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey, I'm new in Sydney and would like to join for the meet up if I can make it.

just wondering what's in wisemans ferry? any particular things there to do or see?

and approximately, what time we'll be back to Sydney?

hey, I'm new in Sydney and would like to join for the meet up if I can make it.

just wondering what's in wisemans ferry? any particular things there to do or see?

and approximately, what time we'll be back to Sydney?

wisemans ferry has nice twisty roads on the way up there.....and it leads to the old pacific hwy when u cross over the car ferry. it's just a more fun route then going up the freeway.

i start work that day at 5pm so i need to be back in sydney by about 3ish to get ready for work so ur welcome to follow us back home.

oh and coming home im going down the boring way cause its faster :D

nice twisty road... >,< I think I really need to replace my tyre after return trip.

its abt 2 hr going there then 1½ hr back?

so we'll cruise together there, chill out, then head back before sunset?

Hey guys

I live on the Central Coast so is it alright if i just turn up at the entrance or meet you guys some where like wisemans ferry instead of goin all the way down to sydney and then come all the way back up lol, love to go on a cruise as this would be my first one :)

Phil

Hey guys

I live on the Central Coast so is it alright if i just turn up at the entrance or meet you guys some where like wisemans ferry instead of goin all the way down to sydney and then come all the way back up lol, love to go on a cruise as this would be my first one :)

Phil

sounds good pm xoom who will lead the pac and get a contact number so u can get an approximate time for joining us and where.

Hey guys

Phil

mate ive sent u a pm.

Im up for a easy cruise

cool .... would be awesome to see some variety in cars.

Bill I think you will find the trip will take a bit longer then estimated, due to the poor condition of the roads over the other side, and getting stuck behind Sunday drivers, there isn't any overtaking Lanes on that road.

Also another thing if your car is lowered, I would consider maybe turning around at Wisemans and heading home, getting on the ferry for a lowered car is impossible... the ramp down to the Ferry is very steep. Only mentioning it cause of experiences I had on a Twincam cruise, where half of us had to turn around cause we couldnt get on the ferry...

Will prob give you a call about 3 on the day Bill, as we will be on the coast dropping Rylan home....

is there an alternative route where it wont involve crossing a river on a ferry Bill?

i'd be fine with my stock 4x4 height suspension, but i would assume the majority of everyone else will find it difficult..

the route to wisemans is quite the scenic trip though, plus it has some twisty roads aswell B)

either way, im still going to be there hehe

thats interesting regarding the ferry ...... last cruise we went to wisemans i simply took it nice and slow and angled her onto the ferry and off the other end slower than crawling pace and as angled as i could get it and both ends were fine ...... no problems getting off or on

i just hope nothing has actually changed otherwise im also screwed ..... lol .... but like i said i didnt have any issues last time we went up der

what u say about sunday drivers is true though ....... however if we leave @ 930 sharp even if it take 3 hrs we will get there still during a lunch period

The alternative route for those that dont want to do the ferry is obviously the freeway ...... worst case we could split into 2 groups however i imagine the freeway ppl will get there a lot faster than the ferry path ppl.