ZR6

argie

Gday mate: to be honest with you i didn't paid attention to the shop's name. i don't think there are many car accessories shops in MBK there in the first place. i have been traveling to BKK for the past 11 years and you always see something new.

the chromed grill wasn't in the shop, nor was the one i purchased, they brought it in after my request, so i cannot tell you if it is available or not.

their English is just very basic, good enought to communicate in person, not quiet sure how would you go over the phone.

cheers

teach u a technique tat i used in thai.

1. Point the item, or better, hold it.

2. He/She will give u a calculator and usually a price shown what he/she wants.

3. Clear it, and put in the price u want (i usually put like 30%+ off what he/she wants, but still it depends).

4. Mechanically she will shake her head, or better, saying "no no"

5. U then say,"i come back later, u think", then walk away, he/she will either chase you and say "okok", IF NOT, next step~

6. Come back later, ask again~

8/10 it works. Usually if i buy those T-shirt, i would buy from beside him/her, let her know i m bargaining and getting a lower price, then u walk back to her with a smile, and show her, and tell her the price u want.

This is how i bought T-shirt at 50%+ off.. meaning, getting double shirts with 1 normal price(their asking price).

IMO $200 is a bit toooo much. :P

3. Clear it, and put in the price u want (i usually put like 30%+ off what he/she wants, but still it depends).

5. U then say,"i come back later, u think", then walk away, he/she will either chase you and say "okok", IF NOT, next step~

8/10 it works. Usually if i buy those T-shirt, i would buy from beside him/her, let her know i m bargaining and getting a lower price, then u walk back to her with a smile, and show her, and tell her the price u want.

This is how i bought T-shirt at 50%+ off.. meaning, getting double shirts with 1 normal price(their asking price).

Listen sun: the technique above is used at the markets or small stands for donkey years. When you talk about proper shops, most of them are fixed price. i've been doing it for over 11 years and my wife over 20 years, so i think we got a bit of experience "shopping around". i travel the world for living on a weekly basis, so i think i've been doing business around for a while :D

$200 still cheaper than your airfair, accommodation, my time running around instead of sitting by the pool with a cold beer in my hand, etc etc :rolleyes:

if you can afford to drive a $35K plus vehicle, i guess a $200 accessory at your door steps to make it look different is on the money don't you think? ;)

i should mentioned to you that all i did was to show my car on this forum with no intentions of doing business but few members now are interested to see if i can bring some back.

I have few people PM me already that would keep me busy for a while should i decide to bring some back, so i guess we have one less person to bring a grill to!!

cheers

Edited by argie

the technique above is used at the markets or small stands. whe you talk about shops, most of them are fixed price. i've been doing it for over 11 years, so i think i got a bit of experience "shopping around".

$200 still cheaper than your airfair, accommodation, etc etc :rolleyes:

yeah u cant do that in shopping complexes like MBK (coz its aimed at tourists).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys: i'm in Thailand as i write this email. i bought one more black grill that is coming home for anyone willing to buy it.

i can land it for $140 and then it is up to the buyer to choose the shipping method and cost of it. i'm in Nsw and i generally used Australian Post registered mail, however being a fragile item i would suggest transit insurance or similar.

they got a new order in, and the black mesh is now silver. that is waht i have got with me right now.

they told me that all this new order are all black plastic with silver mesh instead of the black mesh i purchased 10 days ago.

if anyone is interested, PM me and it is yours. i'm not interested in auction it so first in first dressed.

i'll be getting one more in few weeks time

cheers

Argie