Air intake mods

ELEGNT

dont worry soloman we can do a cai sportivo v's a standard sprotivo down the stuart highway lol Woops i mean hidden valley lol who needs a dyno when we can calculate from our feet lol

Everything I have done would have done absolutely nothing to help performance, but IMO it has given my engine a more deeper note when I open the throttle up. I started by swapping my vacuum hoses around so that the upper intake path was always open, then I proceeded to block off the lower resonator. I figured, if I have already done something about the lower resonator, I may as well do something about the upper on. This is the end result:

dsc02806rw8.th.jpg

When you really put your foot down, it really does sound a little meaner. It's hard to believe that simply swapping something around like that can make a difference. But then again, if the original resonator that was there was useless, it wouldn't be there in the first place. As well, I figured I may as well just use the standard intake setup for the rest since it is fairly decent in itself. I'll consider putting a K&N panel filter in to maybe reduce any restriction and further improve on the engine note.

Edit: Shortened the pipe, and painted it black.

dsc02815sx2.th.jpg

ok.... one thing that most of you forgetting. If you going to do a SRI or a pod filter, remember you need to CLEAN the MAF sensor more regularly (oil from the filter will get into it). ;) have fun!

That's why I really wanted to avoid that whole approach, and just use what I had been given with the stock intake. After having a pod filter on my last car, I didn't like the idea of the oil residue that gets left behind. Luckily that car had a vane-type MAF sensor which didn't seem to care much about the oil.

For my Aurion, I was considering a dry foam filter together with a SRI, but just from the idea alone, I wouldn't trust it.

after the millions of foam filters i cleaned and delt with id always put oil on them obviously not so its dripping but enough to keep the dirt out.

i seen to many bikes/cars with dusted motors due to no oil on the filter wether a none oilable type or not, not worth the x amount of thousands of dollars in my opinion.

The charts says hp not kw!

so prolly 200hp at the wheels then? from 150KW atw stock to 165KW then

I find it seriously seriously hard to believe that any intake could give 15kw atw!

on a trd it'd be achievable. but on N/A would be hard your right - unless there was a serious retune.

Would be interesting to see how a CAI would actually alter the performance of an already well-tuned engine. Compared to many cars, the Aurion seems to have a rather well designed intake that is large enough to not restrict flow, but narrow enough to ensure fast airflow. I cannot see a CAI achieving much, if any advantage other than improving air intake resonance noise...

With the filter and piping choices, keep in mind that going with a filter that is inside the engine bay, you will actually be sucking in hotter air than what would go through normally - which will hinder performance as it is less dense. Only performance gains that would occur from a CAI in general, as mentioned earlier - would be on the TRD where extra airflow will reduce the load on the charger.

Just my two cents anyways.. :P

well we will see i understand what your saying. and i know not to take the intenet and a dyno sheet like its 100% truth.

im just expermenting.. see what happens.. i will report back either way if i think it gained kw or if it lost it..

I'm curious to see the result of the Fujita intake versus the stock intake with the resonators and activated carbon filter removed as I have done. Does it cost much to use a dyno? We have one here only 40 seconds down the road. I'd be willing to put mine on it for the sake of comparison.

I'm curious to see the result of the Fujita intake versus the stock intake with the resonators and activated carbon filter removed as I have done. Does it cost much to use a dyno? We have one here only 40 seconds down the road. I'd be willing to put mine on it for the sake of comparison.

Out of curiosity, why remove the carbon filter? I assume you are referring to the black canister that sits behind the engine, which is primarily designed to re-use vapor from the fuel?