Air intake mods

ELEGNT

yeh im planning to i just want to get it on there 1st of all. i dont attract too much attention to the cops so i should be ok for a wile wile i sort out how drew/i am going to do the box. it will either be clear perspex or just steel HPC'd black

but unless its getting more air from an extra pipe going into the box, isnt the box sufficating it a bit and sort of defeats the SRI over the OEM one

Edited by ELEGNT

yeh im planning to i just want to get it on there 1st of all. i dont attract too much attention to the cops so i should be ok for a wile wile i sort out how drew/i am going to do the box. it will either be clear perspex or just steel HPC'd black

but unless its getting more air from an extra pipe going into the box, isnt the box sufficating it a bit and sort of defeats the SRI over the OEM one

We'll remove all the factory crap and make our piping into the box. Should be able to get a decent feed from that vent over the radiator (like Daryl has done with that pipe), and then another one from somewhere. Your pod should flow a bit more air than the factory filter, and we'll be rid of all those nasty little restrictions Toyota likes to put on their cars.

Once we're done, the best way to test it is going to be you racing Daryl :P

Edited by the_random_hero

i wanted to race him today but there was too much traffic....we have never had a clean race daryl its always been in the wet or u and elgin and leave me to race myself...

next time we go out its on....rolling start at 60

Edited by ELEGNT

Rowan: You... Me... QR.

Also throw a run down the strip while we are at it.

i wanted to race him today but there was too much traffic....we have never had a clean race daryl its always been in the wet or u and elgin and leave me to race myself...

It's on then. One thing I've noticed when going with Elgin is that the epic lag of the shifting really kills ya. I reckon both cruise at 60 in 3rd then third honk we run.

Rowan: You... Me... QR.

Also throw a run down the strip while we are at it.

It's on then. One thing I've noticed when going with Elgin is that the epic lag of the shifting really kills ya. I reckon both cruise at 60 in 3rd then third honk we run.

qr maybe...phil is chipping away at me but strip and dyno your on!!

60 k's start in 2nd man it wont hold 3rd.....its on next time tho

It's on like Donkey Kong. Though we all know my car is no race machine.

Now you've done it. I am in the mood to modify now. Not much I can do though. First things first, I've ordered myself that strut bar I've been meaning to get. Once the K-Rudd payment goes through, I've seriously got the itch to lower it. I just need some time to get over it again.

It's on like Donkey Kong. Though we all know my car is no race machine.

Now you've done it. I am in the mood to modify now. Not much I can do though. First things first, I've ordered myself that strut bar I've been meaning to get. Once the K-Rudd payment goes through, I've seriously got the itch to lower it. I just need some time to get over it again.

yeh man get into it...lower it for sure dude see my stockies today at the front they where like tucking....looked so nice

k-rudd's already come to me ..........TIMES TWO.....got my 900 then got another 950 for being a student

helps when u dont have a job thats for sure

yeah yeah.. there will be pictures and vids as soon as its done... :)

for now, here is the tasty new maf mount for the intake... ;)

aurion_maf_flange_876.jpg

oh and for those that are interested, it'll cost roughly $350... so its not bad when you think the fujita/k&n have to come from america and the delay... :)

u dont want to sell that to me do you? lol

have a look at that one drew :o

Edited by ELEGNT

yeah yeah.. there will be pictures and vids as soon as its done... :)

for now, here is the tasty new maf mount for the intake... ;)

aurion_maf_flange_876.jpg

oh and for those that are interested, it'll cost roughly $350... so its not bad when you think the fujita/k&n have to come from america and the delay... :)

u dont want to sell that to me do you? lol

have a look at that one drew :o

I know >.< I've got some 6mm plate that I can oxy cut the next few plates out of, then just a simple process of grinding it into shape.

why would you oxy cut a maf mount?

The aurion maf mounts are tiny... The one pictured was knocked up very quickly on a mill in alloy.

Alternatively you can buy them from here: http://www.kstech.biz/servlet/the-Blow-dsh...nges/Categories

They're CNC'd and finished quite nicely, not quite as nice as the bunch we had done in St Lucia though.

The aurion maf mounts are tiny... The one pictured was knocked up very quickly on a mill in alloy.

Alternatively you can buy them from here: http://www.kstech.biz/servlet/the-Blow-dsh...nges/Categories

They're CNC'd and finished quite nicely, not quite as nice as the bunch we had done in St Lucia though.

We have a profile cutter, I'll use that to cut it. $65 for one of those in stainless o_0

Street racing is bad m-kay......

No one said anything about street racing. When Rowan said 'traffic' he was referring to the other cars on the track making it hard to sprint down the straight :ph34r:

jason!? you're still alive!? haha

Just ordered a BMC drop in filter. I'll drop it in hopefully Tuesday. Should get some nice Dino tuning results :)

going for the sound and looks man...let us no how the drop in goes tho

jason!? you're still alive!? haha

Still alive, just :P Doing a fair bit of subaru and 1jz related fabrication, eg :

http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl0uxv/shanes/2009_04080001a.jpg

http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl0uxv/shanes/2009_04080004a.jpg

http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl0uxv/shanes/2009_04150001b.jpg

I hope the profile cutter does precise tolerances, might still need to mill/bore the sensor hole as it relies on good tolerances and smooth finish for the o-ring seal. The stuff i get laser cut usually needs some final machining before it gets installed.

Still alive, just :P Doing a fair bit of subaru and 1jz related fabrication, eg :

http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl0uxv/shanes/2009_04080001a.jpg

http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl0uxv/shanes/2009_04080004a.jpg

http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl0uxv/shanes/2009_04150001b.jpg

I hope the profile cutter does precise tolerances, might still need to mill/bore the sensor hole as it relies on good tolerances and smooth finish for the o-ring seal. The stuff i get laser cut usually needs some final machining before it gets installed.

nice one!!

hows my intake pipe going? lol hehe

did you end up getting the forrie tuned with the adaptronic yet? any significant difference?

nice one!!

hows my intake pipe going? lol hehe

did you end up getting the forrie tuned with the adaptronic yet? any significant difference?

You're intake is still sitting on the shelf :P

I'm not running the adaptronic on my car, the one pictured is on Shane's liberty, I'm running a Vipec V88 on my car and it's made a massive difference. Same ecu as used on:

post6151240070529148824c.jpg