So its new tyre time ......

xoom

Hey all,

well its new tyre time and although the t1-r's have been doing me proud the last 3 sets of tyres i wouldnt mind a change to see what else is going.

so i had the dunlop sp maxx's recommended to me on the weekend thats to Tim's (T.J) boss.

what else is in that upper echelon of performance because the t1-r's struggle to maintain traction so anything less will simply be hopeless.

any recommendations ? any idea on pricing would be good.

cheers

Bill

Don't get yokohama s drive. Absolutely crap in the wet as they struggle for traction on take off. I'm trying to wear them out quicker so that I can replace them with something better.

Bridgestone adrenalin re001 in 205/50/16 cost me $189 at five dock bridgestone I have them on the rears at the moment and they seem like they stick to the road pretty well, can't wait to get them on the front to give them a good test.

What about trying the toyo semi slicks ?

What about trying the toyo semi slicks ?

i should mention i drive the car everyday and put about 500km's a week on it ..... so the semi's will get worn out pretty damn quick.

and yeah im after 205/50/16's

Toyo have just introduced a tyre that sits above the Proxes T1Rs, but below the semis.. They're called Proxes R1Rs. Maybe have a look into them. I'm still looking for a cheap set of T1Rs :(

interesting ..... just took a look @ the r1r's ...... not bad ..... not bad at all ..... gonna have 2 c wat price they have on those puppy's .....

the dunlop sp sport maxx's are $220 a corner ..... i know i can get the t1-r's for like $200 a corner i think it was last time i got them for ..... will get a price on the r1r's unless you know wat they r worth ?

Adrenalin Potenza RE001, from those who are running them have been very impressed.

I've used the TOyo's from the Proxes to my 2nd round of T1R's .all are great but.......If I had a lil more dosh to burn..RE001's would be shizz

Some of the skid pan Motokhana boys swear by them..They might chew up pretty quickly on the extreme but on a daily drive with spurts of spirited driving they handle pretty well

Adrenalin Potenza RE001, from those who are running them have been very impressed.

I've used the TOyo's from the Proxes to my 2nd round of T1R's .all are great but.......If I had a lil more dosh to burn..RE001's would be shizz

Some of the skid pan Motokhana boys swear by them..They might chew up pretty quickly on the extreme but on a daily drive with spurts of spirited driving they handle pretty well

i'm currently running RE001's now, for day to day/sprited street driving they are a really good tyre,

how ever these tyres will preform alot better with some heat in them. while cold and trying for a quick launch i seem to get afair bit of wheel spin (launching from about 3,500rpm), and this proved to be the same at winton raceway, 1st lap is abit slippery, but when the tyres wormed up i could go faster and carry more speed around corners.

all in all, the grip level and feel when warm is outstanding wet or dry.. a very good tyre if you can get them for under $200, bang for buck ;)

or theres michelin Pilot Preceda 2, not an agressive tread patten but from what i'v heard are a very good tyre also, i think CAP's running them now... i might be wrong but :P

Edited by wil_rolla

i'm currently running RE001's now, for day to day/sprited street driving they are a really good tyre,

how ever these tyres will preform alot better with some heat in them. while cold and trying for a quick launch i seem to get afair bit of wheel spin (launching from about 3,500rpm), and this proved to be the same at winton raceway, 1st lap is abit slippery, but when the tyres wormed up i could go faster and carry more speed around corners.

all in all, the grip level and feel when warm is outstanding wet or dry.. a very good tyre if you can get them for under $200, bang for buck ;)

or theres michelin Pilot Preceda 2, not an agressive tread patten but from what i'v heard are a very good tyre also, i think CAP's running them now... i might be wrong but :P

I found the T1R's a well rounded tyre for under $200.00 as they pick up heat pretty easily ,Hell sticky in normal conditions,grippy in the wet but the Proxes are a lil more harder in compound & slips n slides a lil but still controllable in wet conditions.

On the track I used the Toyo 888's a semi slicked tyre & had fun on these but costing 400 plus each this would strain the budget.

So all in all, if I could get a the adrenalines at a similar price to the T1Rs, what would you guys go for?

I'm sorry dude..I have a long affiliation with Toyo's..T1R's for me B)

does the T1R last as long as the PX4.. since you said the PX4 is harder then the T1R...

I am more for milage then stickiness because the PX4 is darn sticky as it is :P well.. for me its sticky enough :)

So all in all, if I could get a the adrenalines at a similar price to the T1Rs, what would you guys go for?

Hey I don't mind man.. I'm tending to lean towards them too :P

i haven't tried the t1r's, but they are on my next to try list... so it's hard for me to say...

at the time i couldn't get ahold of any proxes or t1r's so thats why i went for the re001's..

i haven't tried the t1r's, but they are on my next to try list... so it's hard for me to say...

at the time i couldn't get ahold of any proxes or t1r's so thats why i went for the re001's..

I'm told The Proxes are being obsoleted & a newer similiar tyre is replacing it.

I'm told The Proxes are being obsoleted & a newer similiar tyre is replacing it.

:o :o :o so they will be selling them at clearance prices :P

they have been..Coz My lil brutha got some for his rex..i'll ask around & PM u

(sorry to hijack) :(

post-7297-1218547263_thumb.jpg

These are the badboys in question!

ok so i got a price today that the r1-r's are $220 a corner for 205/50/16's

sounds very tempting since i dont have any issues with the t1-r's but i just wanted to try something different hence y i am considering my options ..... hmmmmm decisions decisions.

re001s have a threadwear rating of 180. to me, thats a tad too soft for someone who is driving 500kms aday, let alone using their car for a daily ride.

would look closely in2 the toyo range, as proxies' have a rating of 300.

also something to look at is the new hankook v12s.

they have been..Coz My lil brutha got some for his rex..i'll ask around & PM u

(sorry to hijack) :(

The R1R's are rumoured to be the Proxes 4 replacement the R1R's have a lower (82) load rating as the Proxes are 92,My humble opinion if your gonna stiock with the Toyos stick to the T1R's as the T1R's are still the premium brand (as I've been told)

Pm me ur size & i'll get a competative quote