NEW FROM AUSTRALIA

Hi I am from Australia and I am thinking of either buying a 2006 Toyota Corolla Ascent Seca Auto Hatch 122R or a 2007 Toyota Corolla Seca Ascent Auto Hatch 152R and I wnted to know peoples opinion of these.

Also I wondered what people thought of the new design going from the 122Rto the 152R and is it worth the extra money.

Also what do they mean when they say UPGRADE. For example 2006 Toyota Corolla Ascent Seca 122R UPGRADE?

Thanks a lot.

Edited by pearcy

Hi I am from Australia and I am thinking of either buying a 2006 Toyota Corolla Ascent Seca Auto Hatch 122R or a 2007 Toyota Corolla Seca Ascent Auto Hatch 152R and I wnted to know peoples opinion of these.

Also I wondered what people thought of the new design going from the 122Rto the 152R and is it worth the extra money.

Also what do they mean when they say UPGRADE. For example 2006 Toyota Corolla Ascent Seca 122R UPGRADE?

Thanks a lot.

UPGRADE refers to the 2nd edition of the ZZE12X shape. has a different front end and rear tail light configuration, slightly diff features inside. and drive-by-wire in some models.

and just on the side... AUTO? Why?

Hi Thanks a lot for your reply. The idea about getting an Auto was that I have had several back operations and it hurts to use a clutch for some reason. Pushing the leg in and out seems to hurt my back. The muscles I use for that seems to be connected some how.

Do you think the 152R is a better looking car than the 122R?

What do you have a what would you reccomend?

Thanks

Rob

Hi Thanks a lot for your reply. The idea about getting an Auto was that I have had several back operations and it hurts to use a clutch for some reason. Pushing the leg in and out seems to hurt my back. The muscles I use for that seems to be connected some how.

Do you think the 152R is a better looking car than the 122R?

What do you have a what would you reccomend?

Thanks

Rob

I have a white ZZE123 sportivo... lowered

27072008062_32.jpg

Thats it up the front.

i think it looks much better than the current shape. but i believe the interior of the new shape is a lot cleaner.

personal prefernce really.

The current corolla has a lot more features over an older (2005-2006) corolla.

You get ABS brakes across the entire range.

100 KW engine (older model had around 89 KW, detuned to comply with euro standards) but it does weigh more than the older model

Dual front SRS airbags standard

Much more attractive and modern interior, better and more gripping seats, much more space than the older model (I'm 6'4 and I still have at least 15-17 cms of space above my head).

Projector head lamps in all the hatches (Levins and Ultimas get HID)

If you want to get one, go for the hatch (both older or newer corollas). The sedans look like poo and are not practical, meaning they have less boot space and you can't fit as much into a sedan as you can into a hatch.

You also will get at least 2 year factory warranty if you buy the 2007 corolla.

It all comes down to what model you like better.

I had to choose between 2006 model Conquest-Levin and 2007 Ascent... I chose 2007 Ascent as I got what I really needed (front electric windows, ABS, MP3 player and projector headlights). I also think the new shape is much better looking as the 122 shape is as common as anything and the 152 shape reminds me of the new Golf which I also like.

Edited by Modena

Hi Thanks for that.

That has made up my mind, I am after a Toyota Corolla Ascent Seca Hatch 152R Auto 2007 4 door.

Is that right or is there an upgrade to that.

Rob

Thats right. Its the newest unles you get the 2008 model but I dont think they had any upgrades since 2007. Check with the dealer if you are getting a new car.

I also got an auto... does the job nicely. if I wanted manual, I wouldnt be buying a Corolla id be buying a sports car :D

Hi Thanks for that.

That has made up my mind, I am after a Toyota Corolla Ascent Seca Hatch 152R Auto 2007 4 door.

Rob

Thats right. Its the newest unles you get the 2008 model but I dont think they had any upgrades since 2007. Check with the dealer if you are getting a new car.

I also got an auto... does the job nicely. if I wanted manual, I wouldnt be buying a Corolla id be buying a sports car :D

hahaha thats the most ridiculous thing i have ever read on here

Hi Thanks for that.

Rob

hahaah sorry mate....thats almost the most lame line for "i dont like driving/cant drive manual"..........manual in any car makes it feel "sportier" and for the cash sportivos in manual are fairly sporty little cars.........each to their own i guess though

Hi Thanks for that.

Rob

When will you stop pretending that your rolla is a Supra? :rolleyes:

Hi Thanks for that.

Rob

hahaah sorry mate....thats almost the most lame line for "i dont like driving/cant drive manual"..........manual in any car makes it feel "sportier" and for the cash sportivos in manual are fairly sporty little cars.........each to their own i guess though

Sportivos, modded are reasonably quick (depending what turbo or blower you run). Stock they are as quick as ***** sliding down the pavement.

The current corolla has a lot more features over an older (2005-2006) corolla.

You get ABS brakes across the entire range.

100 KW engine (older model had around 89 KW, detuned to comply with euro standards) but it does weigh more than the older model

Dual front SRS airbags standard

Much more attractive and modern interior, better and more gripping seats, much more space than the older model (I'm 6'4 and I still have at least 15-17 cms of space above my head).

Projector head lamps in all the hatches (Levins and Ultimas get HID)

If you want to get one, go for the hatch (both older or newer corollas). The sedans look like poo and are not practical, meaning they have less boot space and you can't fit as much into a sedan as you can into a hatch.

You also will get at least 2 year factory warranty if you buy the 2007 corolla.

It all comes down to what model you like better.

I had to choose between 2006 model Conquest-Levin and 2007 Ascent... I chose 2007 Ascent as I got what I really needed (front electric windows, ABS, MP3 player and projector headlights). I also think the new shape is much better looking as the 122 shape is as common as anything and the 152 shape reminds me of the new Golf which I also like.

the new shape will also most likely be around for 4 years or so... and being the most popular car sold in Australia... you can bet that they will be everywhere! Its a corolla... you have to Like the shape.

Personally BFYB you get a Facelift Sportivo for sure!

hahaha were getting off topic...but basically they go pretty good for a little under 30 k factory car......no point going into detail as ya prob gunna just keep saying "but its just a corolla"....read some of the threads on here, see what ppl are getting out of their sportivos and the fun/plesure their having in DIYing them with some pretty easy bolt on gains and performance etc........ppl beating john cooper works 50k minis in hill climbs.......1/4 mile times quite good too and also a kw/L ration almost equiv to BMW M3 (2003 model) Sportivo = 78.3kwL beamer 78.8kw/L .....as wheels magazine stated the 2ZZGE is a "feral little engine"

cheers

Hi Thanks for that.

Rob

hahah here we go.. this is gonna be fun...

I made no such claim. My rolla is a Rolla.. it is also perfect for what i need. Its going to hold more value than your base model new model in 5 years.

If you wanna go slow and use more fuel and have a boring time with yoru corolla.. get yourself an Auto Ascent.... but for me... there is something very satisfying seeing the look on the face of the commodore owner as you level peg with them in your "Corolla"

hahaha were getting off topic...but basically they go pretty good for a little under 30 k factory car......no point going into detail as ya prob gunna just keep saying "but its just a corolla"....read some of the threads on here, see what ppl are getting out of their sportivos and the fun/plesure their having in DIYing them with some pretty easy bolt on gains and performance etc........ppl beating john cooper works 50k minis in hill climbs.......1/4 mile times quite good too and also a kw/L ration almost equiv to BMW M3 (2003 model) Sportivo = 78.3kwL beamer 78.8kw/L .....as wheels magazine stated the 2ZZGE is a "feral little engine"

cheers

Fair points and each to their own. I bought my rolla for economy and cruising. When funds allow I will buy another car for thrills (BFYB R35 GTR would be great).

Hi Thanks for that.

Rob

hahah here we go.. this is gonna be fun...

I made no such claim. My rolla is a Rolla.. it is also perfect for what i need. Its going to hold more value than your base model new model in 5 years.

If you wanna go slow and use more fuel and have a boring time with yoru corolla.. get yourself an Auto Ascent.... but for me... there is something very satisfying seeing the look on the face of the commodore owner as you level peg with them in your "Corolla"

Well that is exactly what I got an auto Ascent for boring and cheap running :)

And usually when you increase the power, you also use more fuel... dont know about your tune but that is usually the case with cars.